Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 13th September 2011, 09:47 PM   #1
timcaulfield

timcaulfield is on a distinguished road
Default new font

I need to install the font viner hand itc' which is not available on pageplus x5. How
Old 13th September 2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Jim B.
Master

Jim B. will become famous soon enough
Default Re: new font

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcaulfield View Post
I need to install the font viner hand itc' which is not available on pageplus x5. How
The exact same way that all other fonts are installed in windows.

PagePlus uses the fonts that are installed in Windows.

Install the font, restart PagePlus, and the font will... should... be in the PagePlus font list for you to use.

Picture taking. It's a snap!

Good photography. It's complicated.
Old 14th September 2011, 12:24 AM   #3
Bill Schuhle

Bill Schuhle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
The exact same way that all other fonts are installed in windows.

PagePlus uses the fonts that are installed in Windows.

Install the font, restart PagePlus, and the font will... should... be in the PagePlus font list for you to use.
Jim,

In my experience, it's not even necessary to re-start PagePlus -- the newly installed font is immediately available in PP's font list (this is using The Font Thing to install the font; not sure about using the standard Windows installation method).

Win7 Home Premium SP1, 3GHz Pentium 4, 2GB RAM, 4GB ReadyBoost
Old 14th September 2011, 09:18 AM   #4
Richard Hunt

Richard Hunt is on a distinguished road

Visit http://www.itcfonts.com/fonts/Detail...oductId=170684 to buy the font and then install it into Windows. The exact installation procedue varies according to which version of Windows you habe.

Last edited by Richard Hunt; 14th September 2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 14th September 2011, 03:07 PM   #5
Jim B.
Master

Jim B. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Schuhle View Post
In my experience, it's not even necessary to re-start PagePlus -- the newly installed font is immediately available in PP's font list (this is using The Font Thing to install the font; not sure about using the standard Windows installation method).
I didn't know that.

Seems like "forever" (Win 3.x) that I'd use a font manager to install the sets I wanted, then start the main program.

Old habits, old dog, new tricks...

Lurn sumpin nu evr dai roun hear.

Picture taking. It's a snap!

Good photography. It's complicated.
Old 15th September 2011, 04:07 AM   #6
Bill Schuhle

Bill Schuhle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
Lurn sumpin nu evr dai roun hear.

I think it's when I've used the normal Windows Fonts Control Panel to install fonts that I've seen a message flash on the screen something to the effect of "Notifying applications" so I'm pretty sure the instant access happens when going that route, too.

Win7 Home Premium SP1, 3GHz Pentium 4, 2GB RAM, 4GB ReadyBoost
Old 17th September 2011, 05:17 AM   #7
unohoo

unohoo is on a distinguished road

Interestingly, Page Plus X5 doesn't see all the fonts that I have in Microsoft Word. I was quite surprised as I had thought that all installed font would have been available to Page Plus.

Joan
Old 17th September 2011, 11:52 AM   #8
mikem3

mikem3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by unohoo View Post
Interestingly, Page Plus X5 doesn't see all the fonts that I have in Microsoft Word. I was quite surprised as I had thought that all installed font would have been available to Page Plus.

Joan
Open Office also has different fonts that PP doesn't see.

Mike.
Old 17th September 2011, 02:00 PM   #9
jacksjacobs

jacksjacobs is a splendid one to beholdjacksjacobs is a splendid one to beholdjacksjacobs is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem3 View Post
Open Office also has different fonts that PP doesn't see.

Mike.
Then I assume they are not installed, as such, in Windows.

funny cats
Old 17th September 2011, 04:01 PM   #10
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:

Joan
Can you name one, please?
WPX2-6 SITES: The Falcon Inn (X6) | Martin Sexton - Artist (X2) | Clover Greetings
(X6)
Old 17th September 2011, 04:02 PM   #11
unohoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksjacobs View Post
Then I assume they are not installed, as such, in Windows.
Since both Microsoft Office and Open Office are installed like every other application, I thought I would see if Photoshop exhibited the same issue. It did. The particular font I tried to access was Eras Demi ITC and it also wasn't available to Photoshop.

Joan
Old 17th September 2011, 04:07 PM   #12
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Since both Microsoft Office and Open Office are installed like every other application, I thought I would see if Photoshop exhibited the same issue. It did. The particular font I tried to access was Eras Demi ITC and it also wasn't available to Photoshop.

Joan
That one is available in PPX5 here (Win7). Try another?
WPX2-6 SITES: The Falcon Inn (X6) | Martin Sexton - Artist (X2) | Clover Greetings
(X6)
Old 17th September 2011, 04:23 PM   #13
unohoo

I'm using Vista, and as much as I hate this OS, I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon.
Old 17th September 2011, 05:16 PM   #14
Ali
Guru

Quote:
I'm using Vista, and as much as I hate this OS, I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon.
I had Vista for years and don't recall ever not being able to find a font in Serif software that was available in MS Office.
(X6)
Old 17th September 2011, 05:19 PM   #15
Art

Art is a jewel in the roughArt is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Joan
It appears here OK Joan, and I run Vista.

Art

** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem **
Old 17th September 2011, 05:42 PM   #16
unohoo

<scratches head> I wish I knew what to do to make the fonts available to the rest of the systems. I installed Page Plus well after installing Office 2000 (yes, I'm still on an older version). I hate ribbons, Office 2010 doesn't play well with my printer (doesn't see it properly on the network), and accept or reject changes in highlight edit tracking requires several extra clicks in 2010. Why does Microsoft fix things that ain't broke???
Old 17th September 2011, 05:55 PM   #17
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
<scratches head> I wish I knew what to do to make the fonts available to the rest of the systems.
Joan,

Were you logged in with admin privileges when you installed PagePlus? Are you normally logged in as Administrator when using your PC?

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 17th September 2011, 06:03 PM   #18
unohoo

Yes. This is my PC and I'm the only user and I have administrative privileges.
Old 17th September 2011, 06:22 PM   #19
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Yes. This is my PC and I'm the only user and I have administrative privileges.
Sorry, Joan. I'm all out of ideas.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 17th September 2011, 06:30 PM   #20
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold

Try the free Fix Font Folders utility from High-Logic. Its not officially supported any more as it needs updating, but it seems to fix a lot of font registration problems.