Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 27th July 2011, 01:59 PM   #1
ahmadmorrar

ahmadmorrar is on a distinguished road
Default Captcha Failed page

hey,

when i submit a form with a captcha object and when i write a captcha code incorrectly the captcha failed page will appear.
can i receive error message without going to the failed page??

thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Captcha Failed page

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadmorrar View Post
hey,
Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadmorrar View Post
can i receive error message without going to the failed page??
I don't think there is much you can do about that. You could take control of your own form delivery and error messages by using the free FormstoGo Lite if your host supports php/perl/asp but that would rule out Serif hosting which relies on using SWR.
Old 28th July 2011, 07:21 AM   #3
DaveinSpain
Advanced Member

DaveinSpain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
Hey

I don't think there is much you can do about that. You could take control of your own form delivery and error messages by using the free FormstoGo Lite if your host supports php/perl/asp but that would rule out Serif hosting which relies on using SWR.
There is also formmail for perl (I think almost every host has perl, especially the linux-based ones.) It comes with its own CAPTCHA routine and is pretty secure despite getting a bit long in the tooth now. See it on one of my sites here. Note, though, that this is a direct link. The form normally comes up in a lightbox.

Available free, with full installation instructions from here

Dave
Old 28th July 2011, 03:48 PM   #4
dmpyron

dmpyron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinSpain View Post
There is also formmail for perl (I think almost every host has perl, especially the linux-based ones.) It comes with its own CAPTCHA routine and is pretty secure despite getting a bit long in the tooth now. See it on one of my sites here. Note, though, that this is a direct link. The form normally comes up in a lightbox.

Available free, with full installation instructions from here

Dave
Dave, I've used formail on one of my other sites (which I hand built) and it does a very good job with limited interaction required. And don't break it because no one will fix it.
Old 28th July 2011, 03:56 PM   #5
DaveinSpain
Advanced Member

DaveinSpain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmpyron View Post
Dave, I've used formail on one of my other sites (which I hand built) and it does a very good job with limited interaction required. And don't break it because no one will fix it.
Not sure that I understand what you are saying here.

If it breaks, delete the perl script from from your cgi-bin folder and reinstall it. Fixed. There isn't really much to go wrong, it uses graphics rather than making images on the fly and they are stored on the site. A tiny bit of code to bring in the CAPTCHA image on your form is the only other thing you need.