Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 23rd June 2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Nathan1

Nathan1 is on a distinguished road
Default How do i upload a website to the internet if my host is godaddy using webplus x5?

How do i upload a website to the internet if my host is godaddy using webplus x5? What do i need to do?
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Jim B.
Master

Jim B. will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How do i upload a website to the internet if my host is godaddy using webplus x5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1 View Post
How do i upload a website to the internet if my host is godaddy using webplus x5? What do i need to do?
Follow the directions from GoDaddy?

You should have received an E-mail from GoDaddy with your user name, password, upload address, folder name, port number, security settings, etc.

In WebPlus, create a publish/upload/FTP account using the information from that GoDaddy E-mail - user name, password...

After you have your account set up in WebPlus, then just select WebPlus' "Publish to Web" feature.

Picture taking. It's a snap!

Good photography. It's complicated.

Last edited by Jim B.; 23rd June 2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: fixd sum airs.
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Nathan1

Default Re: How do i upload a website to the internet if my host is godaddy using webplus x5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
Follow the directions from GoDaddy?

You should have received an E-mail from GoDaddy with your user name, password, upload address, folder name, port number security settings, etc.

In WebPlus, create a publish/upload/FTP account using the information from that GoDaddy E-mail - user name, password...

After yo have your account set up in WebPlus, then just select WebPlus' "Publish to Web" feature.

I just bought the domain, no e-mail has been sent to me about the user name and password
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:48 PM   #4
Jim B.
Master

Quote:
I just bought the domain, no e-mail has been sent to me about the user name and password
OK, you have a domain name.

You also have a domain name manager account at GoDaddy where you can manage your various domain name settings. Either you specified a user name and password when you created your GoDaddy domain name account, or GoDaddy should have sent a user name and password via E-mail to you so you can log in to your domain name manager.

Did you (also) purchase web site hosting from GoDaddy (or from any other web host)?

A domain name and web site hosting are two different things, and are usually purchased either as two separate items, or as a bundle of two or more services.

Old 23rd June 2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Like JimB said. You must also purchase a hosting package from Godaddy.com. If you call their 800 number, the kind folks there will walk you through the procedure, and then they will send along an email with the access information so that you can publish your site.

Lon "a Godaddy customer" in California

I was there at the beginning of FullyPixel.com, a Serif Software User's Forum.
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Nathan1

Quote:
OK, you have a domain name.

You also have a domain name manager account at GoDaddy where you can manage your various domain name settings. Either you specified a user name and password when you created your GoDaddy domain name account, or GoDaddy should have sent a user name and password via E-mail to you so you can log in to your domain name manager.

Did you (also) purchase web site hosting from GoDaddy (or from any other web host)?

A domain name and web site hosting are two different things, and are usually purchased either as two separate items, or as a bundle of two or more services.
No i did not purchase a web hosting, why do you need it to put it on the internet,i haven't got a clue about all this i just want my website on the internet,All i have is webplus x5 and a domain name
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
No i did not purchase a web hosting, why do you need it to put it on the internet,i haven't got a clue about all this i just want my website on the internet,All i have is webplus x5 and a domain name
You need a domain name, someone to host the site and software to create it. You have the first and the last. Without the second, you can't put it on the internet. Your domain name is just that - a name. Call it intellectual property of a brand name, if you will.
WPX2-6 SITES: The Falcon Inn (X6) | Martin Sexton - Artist (X2) | Clover Greetings
(X6)
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:09 PM   #8
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
If you have a domain name without a hosting package, then Go Daddy is only your domain name registrar, not your web host. You can get by with hosting space and no domain name, but not the other way around.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Jim B.
Master

If you purchased WebPlus X5, then you might be entitled to some free web site hosting from Serif.

How much free web hosting you can get (6, 12, 18 or other months) depends on the offer that was included with your WebPlus package. Check the WebPlus X5 box/package to see what you can get at no additional cost.

Old 23rd June 2011, 10:05 PM   #10
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
If you purchased WebPlus X5, then you might be entitled to some free web site hosting from Serif.

How much free web hosting you can get (6, 12, 18 or other months) depends on the offer that was included with your WebPlus package. Check the WebPlus X5 box/package to see what you can get at no additional cost.
To find out about the free hosting amount, go to www.serif.com and log in to My Account. It will be listed there.
Old 24th June 2011, 02:59 AM   #11
Julie W
Advanced Member

Julie W is on a distinguished road

Jim B.,

I love that you've "gone green"! I always get such a kick out of your sig lines!
Old 24th June 2011, 04:14 AM   #12
tomH
Advanced Member

tomH is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Several years ago I was having a problem uploading a site to GoDaddy, but they helped me settle the matter and get my site onto the Internet in just a few minutes. Do as others have said-call them, and be prepared to buy a hosting package. You'll be online in a short while. That last presumes that you have already constructed your web site using WPX5.

tomH