Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 24th May 2011, 02:58 AM   #1
graysarge

graysarge is on a distinguished road
Default FORMS

I set up a Contact Us Form and set it to be sent to an an email address. Published to web. When I click on Submit it tells me it will use my own email client to send an email and the opens my Outlook but has nothing related to the information I put in the form except my TO email address. When I send, it does not send any of the collected data. What am I doing wrong?

Also, can I use a separate form builder and embed the form in the html page after I publish and use the javascript that runs the form from the separate form builder?

Thanks - Gary
Old 24th May 2011, 03:01 AM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: FORMS

Hi Gary

Welcome to the Serif forums.

Yes, that's what happens when you choose to submit via email.. Many here use the free Serif Web Resources for form submission and other use an external script like Tectite or formstogo to process the form and provide you with the contents.
Old 24th May 2011, 03:03 AM   #3
Jim B.
Master

Jim B. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysarge View Post
I set up a Contact Us Form and set it to be sent to an an email address. Published to web. When I click on Submit it tells me it will use my own email client to send an email and the opens my Outlook but has nothing related to the information I put in the form except my TO email address. When I send, it does not send any of the collected data. What am I doing wrong?
You have set the form to send to E-mail.

Instead, set the form to use SWR, and open a free SWR account.

The problem with using Send to E-mail is that your form will fail for your web site visitors who do ot have an E-mail client installed and properly configured. Many (most?) web users don't have a properly configured E-mail client (program).

Quote:
Also, can I use a separate form builder and embed the form in the html page
Yes.

Quote:
after I publish
No need to publish, just add the code into the WebPlus page File > Web Object > HTML... the click on th eBody button.

Quote:
and use the javascript that runs the form from the separate form builder?
Yup, if your web host supports using your own scripts. WebPlus.net does not.

Picture taking. It's a snap!

Good photography. It's complicated.
Old 24th May 2011, 03:13 AM   #4
graysarge

graysarge is on a distinguished road

Thanks to both of you for the excellent replies. I do have an account withe web resourses and will give that a shot. I would prefer not to do that however and will look into my own form builder software that I that works great with just normal html scripting for java. Thanks again!
Old 24th May 2011, 03:27 AM   #5
Frank B.

Frank B. has a brilliant futureFrank B. has a brilliant futureFrank B. has a brilliant futureFrank B. has a brilliant future

Check out the formmail script tutorial in my sig. It may be the simplest choice for you if your web host allows it,

Regards

Frank B.