Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > PhotoPlus

Notices

PhotoPlus Questions about using PhotoPlus for photo editing

Old 10th January 2011, 06:06 PM   #1
v.watts

v.watts is on a distinguished road
Default product key?

I purchased this product at Frys Electronics in Dallas and my computer crashed. Trying to re-install on new on and it asks for a product key.don't remember having one when I first installed but have no box and no key...only set up discs
Old 10th January 2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: product key?

Welcome to the forums! If you bought PhotoPlus from Frys then the product key was most likely on a sticker on the back of the box. If you don't have the box any more, I suggest you contact Customer Services directly and see whether they are able to provide a replacement key.
Old 10th January 2011, 08:22 PM   #3
manager1

manager1 is on a distinguished road

can some please help me? i have PhotoPlus x3 and have used it for almost a year without problems, apart from the odd crash. I have tried to uninstall it from my pc, which it did, then i re-installed it, put in the product key and everything right and now.....it won't open...keep getting a message to say it cannot find it, yet it is in my programmes......please help....I need this for my work.
Many thanks.
Old 10th January 2011, 09:12 PM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manager1 View Post
it won't open...keep getting a message to say it cannot find it
I wonder whether you're trying to launch the program from an invalid shortcut, perhaps an old one. If you go to your %ProgramFiles%\Serif\PhotoPlus\X3\Program folder and find the file PhotoPls.exe, you can right-click it and choose 'Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)' to create a shortcut which should work correctly.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 10th January 2011, 09:31 PM   #5
manager1

manager1 is on a distinguished road

have tried this just now and still not opening it already has a shortcut on my desktop and have been using it that way all the time or sometimes from the start window
Old 10th January 2011, 09:51 PM   #6
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
have tried this just now and still not opening it already has a shortcut on my desktop and have been using it that way all the time or sometimes from the start window
Having navigated to the relevant folder, what happens when you simply double-click the PhotoPls.exe file? If that still has no visible effect, open up Windows Task Manager (e.g. using Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and look for a hung 'PhotoPls.exe' process on the Processes tab. If you find one (or more!) select it/them and press the 'End Process' button, and then try to launch the program again.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 15th January 2011, 04:56 PM   #7
DJS

DJS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
can some please help me? i have PhotoPlus x3 and have used it for almost a year without problems, apart from the odd crash. I have tried to uninstall it from my pc, which it did, then i re-installed it, put in the product key and everything right and now.....it won't open...keep getting a message to say it cannot find it, yet it is in my programmes......please help....I need this for my work.
Many thanks.
I've had this problem with other programs - solution was to download (free) Revo uninstaller and set it to "Advanced" and the uninstall and reinstall - warning - if after the uninstall it asks to rebootdo not do it as it will kill Revo - this is for XP only - if you are on W7 then only Revo Pro will work and this is a Paid For program - DJS