Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 12th September 2010, 08:00 PM   #1
GedC

GedC is on a distinguished road
Question Serif Account

I'm seriously considering registering for an account with Serif in order to gain access to the Smart Objects such as Forums etc.

I imagine there'll be people on here who have experience of these things and I wondered if they think it's worthwhile.

The reason behing this is that I'm about to be made redundant and one of the few things I can do outside of my normal 9 - 5 is to develop web sites. It seems to me that access to smart objects will enable me produce sites with greater functionality.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!

GedC

Last edited by GedC; 12th September 2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12th September 2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Jim B.
Master

Jim B. will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Serif Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by GedC View Post
I imagine there'll be people on here who have experience of these things and I wondered if they think it's worthwhile.
The advantage of using SWR/SO is that they are easy to implement what is sometimes somewhat complicated or difficult to install or configure web site "extras".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GedC View Post
The reason behing this is that I'm about to be made redundant and one of the few things I can do outside of my normal 9 - 5 is to develop web sites. It seems to me that access to smart objects will enable me produce sites with greater functionality.
Yup, it will.

But some SWR items like the forum and mail processor and blog are limited versions of what is available elsewhere. But these "elsewhere" items must be installed and configured, which is sometimes a tricky task.

Picture taking. It's a snap!

Good photography. It's complicated.
Old 12th September 2010, 08:20 PM   #3
GedC

GedC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Serif Account

Thanks, Jim.

I think I know what you mean. I've had a look at phpbb for Forums and it definitely looks as if set up and configuration could be tricky.

Cheers,

GedC