Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 2nd July 2010, 01:43 AM   #1
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default How to rotate an Avery label template

Good evening, one and all

I am making labels for a line of honey products for my neighbor.

I am using Avery 15513 weatherproof label to be printed on a color laser printer. This pack of labels does not come with a template showing the sizes of the margins and gutter. I'd rather not get out the ruler.

The label is the same size, 2x4, as 5163, which is in the Avery label selection in Page Setup.

BUT, I need to work these labels in portrait mode rather than landscape mode to preserve sanity and etc.

I can do a print preview and see the page but the only output option is to print.

I tried doing a pdf and ended up with one label.

What's the trick to making a pdf with the placement of all ten labels on the letter sized page?

thanks
mjh
Old 2nd July 2010, 04:41 AM   #2
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to rotate an Avery label template

I think the easiest way would be to make your own template on landscape paper, using row and column guides.

To avoid getting out the ruler, scan a blank sheet of labels, and fit the scanned sheet to the page to get your guidelines in the right place.
Old 2nd July 2010, 07:08 AM   #3
Art

Art is a jewel in the roughArt is a jewel in the rough

I use a pdf printer, a freebie called Bullzip, it's always worked OK for me but I guess there are others that are equally as good.

Art

** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem **
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:49 AM   #4
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Thanks both. I've forgotten how fiddy aligning can be.
Old 8th July 2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Ron Johannis

Ron Johannis is on a distinguished road

Well mjh ... did you ever resolve your problem or did you have to make your own template?
Old 8th July 2010, 04:09 PM   #6
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Johannis View Post
Well mjh ... did you ever resolve your problem or did you have to make your own template?
Hiya Ron

Did in X4 as I've been doing since PP 3.0..... made my own. It's not quite right on the registration yet, but close enough. The labels have a full bleed background. I'm just now making a full page background screen for all ten labels instead of using a QS filled as each label's background.

When I originally designed the labels in the Logo Studio, I exported it as a pdf, opened the pdf into WP X4, disassembled the logo and built a webpage here. www.heavenly-honey.com
Old 8th July 2010, 06:08 PM   #7
Art

Art is a jewel in the roughArt is a jewel in the rough

This sounds more complicated than it actually is...

Open the label template, add a new layer & add a quick shape the size of the label, or the area within margins, whichever you want, and make it non printable. (or you could do it on a master page) Rotate the rectange with the centre point selected in transform 90 degrees, back to layer 1 and you could then add guides if you wanted. Then, draw a another quickshape on layer 1 the size of the one on layer 2 and make the lines and fill transparent. Save this as your vertical template.

Then back to layer 1 and design away within the vertical rectangle, when finished, select all, rotate 90 degrees and it should be OK. For an odd change you can edit with your head at the odd angle or you can just select all and double click a corner to get it the right way up again

Art

** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem **

Last edited by Art; 8th July 2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added 90 degrees
Old 8th July 2010, 06:14 PM   #8
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
This sounds more complicated than it actually is...

Open the label template, add a new layer & add a quick shape the size of the label, or the area within margins, whichever you want, and make it non printable. (or you could do it on a master page) Rotate the rectange with the centre point selected in transform 90 degrees, back to layer 1 and you could then add guides if you wanted. Then, draw a another quickshape on layer 1 the size of the one on layer 2 and make the lines and fill transparent. Save this as your vertical template.

Then back to layer 1 and design away within the vertical rectangle, when finished, select all, rotate 90 degrees and it should be OK. For an odd change you can edit with your head at the odd angle or you can just select all and double click a corner to get it the right way up again

Art

HIya Art

Now you know why I have a neck cramp..... from viewing this monitor sideways!

Yes, I tried that but it was just not my cup of tea that day. Besides, why do it the easy way when you can do it my way?

Old 8th July 2010, 07:02 PM   #9
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold

Do you have a gramophone?

Geoff
Old 8th July 2010, 07:03 PM   #10
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Blanthorn View Post
Do you have a gramophone?

Geoff
wouldn't you be surprised, Geoff.