Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 28th May 2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Cumbrian

Cumbrian is on a distinguished road
Default Installation Query

I have had PagePlus X4 for about a week,i installed it on my desktop pc and i have been using it since.When i try to install it on my Laptop it keeps telling me the Serial No is wrong,and it doesn't matter how many times i try the number it keeps saying it wrong try again.It did not say this when i installed it on my desktop,anyone know why it keeps saying the number is wrong,its the same one i used to install on my desktop pc and that was okay.Thank You.Cumbrian
Old 28th May 2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Installation Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
I have had PagePlus X4 for about a week,i installed it on my desktop pc and i have been using it since.When i try to install it on my Laptop it keeps telling me the Serial No is wrong,and it doesn't matter how many times i try the number it keeps saying it wrong try again.It did not say this when i installed it on my desktop,anyone know why it keeps saying the number is wrong,its the same one i used to install on my desktop pc and that was okay.Thank You.Cumbrian

When you say "serial number", are you possibly referring to the "installation code"? If so, just be sure that you're not substituting a zero for an "oh", or vice versa. Also, the alpha characters are case sensitive.

Lon "welcome to the Serif family" in California

I was there at the beginning of FullyPixel.com, a Serif Software User's Forum.
Old 28th May 2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Cumbrian

Lon thanks for your reply,its the product key i am on about,that you have to enter before you can install the software,i have had another go and it keeps telling me its wrong.i am entering it the same way i did on my desktop and it installed okay.Looks like i will have to get onto Serif.Cheers Cumbrian
Old 28th May 2010, 06:13 PM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Patrick included a dummy Product Key in this post. Note that the second group of five ends in "zero one", not the letters "O" and "I". Does that help at all?

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 29th May 2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Cumbrian

Alfred i have tried the Key in the link you gave and it doesn't work either.A box pops up saying {Error 230383 invalid product key.enter product key again} i have entered it exactly has i did on my desktop and it installed okay.How do i contact Serif.Thank You.Cumbrian
Old 29th May 2010, 01:42 PM   #6
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbrian View Post
Alfred i have tried the Key in the link you gave and it doesn't work either.A box pops up saying {Error 230383 invalid product key.enter product key again} i have entered it exactly has i did on my desktop and it installed okay.How do i contact Serif.Thank You.Cumbrian
You can phone Serif or email Serif.
The info is on the packing slip that came with your order.

also
http://www.serif.com/Support/Account...tomerServices/
Old 29th May 2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Cumbrian

mjh thanks,the number was on the receipt i got with my order,i will give Serif a ring,but it will have to wait until Tues now.Cheers.Cumbrian