Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 25th January 2010, 01:28 PM   #1
ecbritz

ecbritz is on a distinguished road
Default How do I get rid of Registration Wizard?

The Registration Wizard keeps popping up on starting PPX4. On my desktop computer, I managed to get it to stay away by phoning the number in the UK given in the Registration Wizard, and entering the "marketing" registration number given to me by a salesperson. But on my laptop computer, which I use alternatively for the same PP projects, the "marketing" registration number given to me and my PP product key are not accepted as valid. I already get the marketing mail from Serif, so there is no sense in registering for this again. How do I get rid of the annoying Registration Wizard popup on my laptop?
Old 25th January 2010, 01:42 PM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: How do I get rid of Registration Wizard?

Go above to Support&Learning > Product Registration or phone Serif.
Old 25th January 2010, 08:13 PM   #3
dave61430

dave61430 is on a distinguished road

I just registered my desktop pc. They told me I wouldn't be able to use same key on laptop, but to call for a new number. No problem having on both machines.
Old 26th January 2010, 02:36 PM   #4
stargazey
Advanced Member

stargazey is on a distinguished road

Alternatively, hit "Escape" as soon as the Registration Wizard pops up! (On principle I dislike registering over the 'phone, every time I've done so in the past they've kept me on the phone for ages, then tried to sell me another product.)
Old 26th January 2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Ken Cope
Expert

Ken Cope is just really niceKen Cope is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazey View Post
Alternatively, hit "Escape" as soon as the Registration Wizard pops up! (On principle I dislike registering over the 'phone, every time I've done so in the past they've kept me on the phone for ages, then tried to sell me another product.)
Yes, but as mjh suggested above we can easily go to the page in this website 'Support & Learning > Product Registration' inputting our details then receiving the correct registration number - far less bothersome than either a phone call or hitting Escape every time the program is launched. I tend to use the website for all my registrations now, without a problem.

Stuck with something? Please look at these other helpful Serif related links:
WebPlus How-to site Live Help - webplus support DonD's WebPlus help site Alfred's Serif related site
Old 3rd April 2010, 05:14 PM   #6
U. Surname

U. Surname is on a distinguished road
Arrow Registration Wizard causes file to fail to load

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61430 View Post
I just registered my desktop pc. They told me I wouldn't be able to use same key on laptop, but to call for a new number. No problem having on both machines.
So this explains why I get the plaguesome message after having re-installed on (or swapped over with) my backup disc. I have 2 fixed drives within my machine, so I need 2 registration numbers? Are these numbers a calculable operation between our product key and the disc number?

I had assumed that the Product Key printed on a label stuck to the boxed CD I had bought was the code to be typed in, but it gets rejected. (I thought that's all I had done for the first (successful) Registration, but obviously not. Like others, I didn't want any more e-mail by going on-line).

So where does the "marketing code" fit into this complicated scheme?

You submit:
1) Installation Number (9 digits)
2) Marketing Code (11 chars e.g. PPX4U/DCD01)
3) Product Key (25 chars separated by 4 dashes)

and Serif supply yet a 4th number to type in, for each disc drive or PC that you have?

THE BUG:

If browsing through Windows to find a PP file, and double-clicking on it (hoping PP will open it) only to get the Re-Registration Nag screen, clicking on "Cancel" or "Not Now, Go Away" (or whatever), the file you wanted is ignored and you have to go through the search process again. (Well actually, the same thing will happen again; it is now necessary to navigate to and Open the file from within PPX4)
Old 3rd April 2010, 05:17 PM   #7
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Registration Wizard causes file to fail to load

Quote:
So where does the "marketing code" fit into this complicated scheme?

You submit:
1) Installation Number (9 digits)
2) Marketing Code (11 chars e.g. PPX4U/DCD01)
Get these two numbers from Help > Register

Then, go to Support&Learning > Product Registration above and plug in those two numbers. You should shortly thereafter receive an email with the number needed to turn off the nag screen.

The Product key is only used to install PP