Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 11th April 2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Jeffers

Jeffers is on a distinguished road
Default convert my pp file to word?

I've just made a brilliant (to me) headed paper for my business in PP11 for doing estimates and quotes and general correspondence etc. This contains heading text plus pics for a logo, with a couple of lines. Is there any way I can get all this into my MS Word word processor as a template? I use Word to do all of my documents. I've tried saving as PDF but lose everything when I open in Word. Tried a PDF to Word converter but that doesn't work. Tried saving whole PP page file as a picture but that is not at all satisfactory. Any ideas?

(incedently, just to add to Serif reputation, I spent a whole day trying to create a logo via various photos and drawing lines in my photo editor - PaintShop Pro - and gave up. Then I thought I'd try using my PP11 and within 30 minutes I'd achieved more or less what I was trying to do!! ......apart from being able to use it in Word of course
Old 11th April 2009, 04:31 PM   #2
jacksjacobs

jacksjacobs is a splendid one to beholdjacksjacobs is a splendid one to beholdjacksjacobs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: convert my pp file to word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffers View Post
I've just made a brilliant (to me) headed paper for my business in PP11 for doing estimates and quotes and general correspondence etc. This contains heading text plus pics for a logo, with a couple of lines. Is there any way I can get all this into my MS Word word processor as a template? I use Word to do all of my documents. .... Any ideas?
Have you tried just copying the various objects piecemeal into a word document - pics, and text extracted from text boxes.
If you put the text, or other objects into defined text boxes in Word you can locate them as you wish.
Then save the document as a template ".dot".

You may have a problem with logo-type objects - I haven't tried this.

Does anyone have a problem with this?

funny cats
Old 11th April 2009, 04:48 PM   #3
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Hi Jeffers

Since PagePlus3, I've used PP as my word processor....... no need for any other. Think about it.
Old 11th April 2009, 06:34 PM   #4
Jeffers

Yep, have thought about it but too many other templates already created in Word plus people send me documents created in Word so too much hassle to use PP as my word processor at this time....
Old 11th April 2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Jeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksjacobs View Post
Have you tried just copying the various objects piecemeal into a word document - pics, and text extracted from text boxes.
If you put the text, or other objects into defined text boxes in Word you can locate them as you wish.
Then save the document as a template ".dot".

You may have a problem with logo-type objects - I haven't tried this.

Does anyone have a problem with this?
Well yes I do have a problem because my pics dont seem to want to copy over in this way. I must be doing something simple wrong. I will have to leave it for now and come back to this tomorrow or monday and try again
Old 11th April 2009, 07:41 PM   #6
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Tried saving whole PP page file as a picture but that is not at all satisfactory.
Jeffers,

How about just selecting the objects you want, grouping, and exporting the group (ie 'Selected Object") as a picture, rather than the whole page? The best format to export the picture in depends on the contents, but a 200dpi PNG should be OK for most purposes.

Geoff
Old 11th April 2009, 08:31 PM   #7
pmcleod

pmcleod is on a distinguished road

I did something like this in word a long time ago, not a PP file but another form, from what I can remeber in word you need to insert it as a picture but add it to the word template as a watermark, I don't remember the process and don't have word on this pc, but it was all in words help file at the time
hope this helps

Webplus help and info, courtesy of mjh and others for the content www.foxhillers.com/webplus/
Old 11th April 2009, 09:16 PM   #8
Joe Mirsky

Joe Mirsky is on a distinguished road

I just copied a photo from PP10 and pasted special in Word 2003 and saved it as a template and it worked fine.
Old 12th April 2009, 12:48 PM   #9
Jeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Blanthorn View Post
Jeffers,

How about just selecting the objects you want, grouping, and exporting the group (ie 'Selected Object") as a picture, rather than the whole page? The best format to export the picture in depends on the contents, but a 200dpi PNG should be OK for most purposes.

Geoff

Why do I complicate things for myself? sometimes my mind just blocks. After sleeping on this and trying again all I needed to do was select the objects I wanted, copy > paste into Word or convert to picture and copy > paste into Word. Thanks everyone because its all your ideas tosed about in my mind that put me on to the right track.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:45 PM   #10
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I've just made a brilliant (to me) headed paper for my business in PP11 for doing estimates and quotes and general correspondence etc. This contains heading text plus pics for a logo, with a couple of lines. Is there any way I can get all this into my MS Word word processor as a template? I use Word to do all of my documents. I've tried saving as PDF but lose everything when I open in Word. Tried a PDF to Word converter but that doesn't work. Tried saving whole PP page file as a picture but that is not at all satisfactory. Any ideas?

(incedently, just to add to Serif reputation, I spent a whole day trying to create a logo via various photos and drawing lines in my photo editor - PaintShop Pro - and gave up. Then I thought I'd try using my PP11 and within 30 minutes I'd achieved more or less what I was trying to do!! ......apart from being able to use it in Word of course
I used to create letterheads for the local community centre using PP10. I exported them to pdf, because then they could open them easily and print them. They then used this headed paper (printed from the pdf) in the paper tray of their printer. The only template they needed for that was one that started the text in the right place. It was used just like the headed paper you get from your printing company, just that they printed out a few sheets at a time from the pdf and kept headed notepaper in the tray. It means you can use whatever word processor you want, keep your text in any way you like, etc. You're not using any more ink, because different things are printed each time it passes through the printer. If you need another copy, you can always print it out again. If you want to save a file (hard) copy, just print the text and it saves your colour printing. The only problem is if you use a laser jet printer, sometimes the paper looks grey if you put it through twice.