Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 6th May 2008, 12:55 AM   #1
Brian
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Print problems

I have a landing page with a print button so particular clients. I can print the page. It works for some clients but for some all that prints is the print button and no graphics. I think this might be an IE7 issue but have not been able find a resolution. 'Any ideas?

Old 6th May 2008, 01:29 AM   #2
Jim B.

Lightbulb Re:*Print problems

On:5/5/2008 11:56:00 PM - Brian wrote:
Quote:
I have a landing page with a print button so particular clients.
What is the address of the page/site?

Quote:
I can print the page.
You can print from... an online site? WebPlus' preview? After locally publishing to yoru hard drive?

Quote:
It works for some clients but for some all that prints is the print button and no graphics.
Which web browser are those people using who cannot print the entire page?

Quote:
I think this might be an IE7 issue but have not been able find a resolution.
What have you already tried, to avoid duplicated efforts.

Jim B. :> )

Parent: Are you using my toothbrush to clean the dog's teeth??!!??!?!?!

Child: Don't worry. I'll put it back like I always do.

Old 6th May 2008, 04:49 AM   #3
Brian

url- http://www.boekconsultinggroup.com/tlmannlamspiff.html
I can print using the print button on page from explorer.

People not able to print using IE7- other people using IE7 have been able to print. Have been researching and not able to find a fix. I think it must be an IE7 setting but cannot find out what would keep the image from printing. Thanks.

Old 6th May 2008, 05:37 AM   #4
Jim B.

Good news and bad news.

Good news first. Your print button works properly in my Opera 9.2.7, Firefox 2.0.0.14, Safari 3.1.1, and IE 7.0.5713 browsers.

Bad news. Your print button did NOT work in Firefox until after I disabled my script blocker.

I suspect that what might be happening for your IE users who cannot print, their web browser is set to not allow scripts to run, and the person is not seeing the Inter net Explorer "Information Bar" (locatged just below the IE address bar) - click to allow scripts such as your print button.

More news. Except for your print button, the rest of the page seems to be one large image, in PNG file format, at 103 KB. Re-exporting as jpg might result in a (much) smaller file size, and shorter download time for your visitors.

Jim B. :> )

Parent: Are you using my toothbrush to clean the dog's teeth??!!??!?!?!

Child: Don't worry. I'll put it back like I always do.

Old 6th May 2008, 01:26 PM   #5
'Awful Punster'

Lightbulb Re: Print problems

On:06/05/2008 04:37:06 - Jim B. wrote:
Quote:
Bad news. Your print button did NOT work in Firefox until after I disabled my script blocker.
Ditto here.

Quote:
I suspect that what might be happening for your IE users who cannot print, their web browser is set to not allow scripts to run, and the person is not seeing the Inter net Explorer "Information Bar"
In that scenario I would expect nothing to be printed (as in Firefox with NoScript doing its thing). I wouldn't expect the Print button to be printed as per Brian's description.

Alfred

Click here to visit my Serif-related pages http://serif.awfulpunster.info/' sty...et='_blank

Old 8th May 2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Brian

Thank you all for your suggestions. I changed the photo to a jpg but have not heard back from my client. Do you think I should do the print button in html vs script?

Old 8th May 2008, 07:56 PM   #7
'Awful Punster'

Lightbulb Re: Print problems

Brian,

What compression level did you use for your JPEG?  Jim B. reported that the PNG version was 103 KB, but your JPEG version is even larger at 149 KB!

I don't know of a way to implement a Print button via HTML without any scripting.

Alfred

Click here to visit my Serif-related pages http://serif.awfulpunster.info/' sty...et='_blank