Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 1st August 2007, 04:44 AM   #1
Greg
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb 550 cannot STOR error

Trying to upload a very simple 3 page website. www.gnclaims.com

Two out of the three pages seemed to upload correctly (sort of) the first time. I went to the site to see how things looked at the 2nd page showed an error.

"The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
* If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
* Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages."

I tried to upload the 2nd page again both via WebPlus10 and filezilla. Of course my webhost company says there is nothing wrong on their end since the other two pages were able to be uploaded.

I'm looking for any assistance that can help me solve this problem.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Greg

Old 1st August 2007, 04:58 AM   #2
mjh

Lightbulb Re:*550 cannot STOR error

Greg

Yup, you are right.... page2 spins its wheels and dies.

Try changing the page name from page2 to services........ at this time of night I can't think of anything useful.

And/or ATTACH the file here.

Old 1st August 2007, 07:16 AM   #3
Jim B.

Lightbulb Re:*550 cannot STOR error

All of this...
Quote:
"The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
* If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

[b [url]http Error 404 - File or directory not found.[/b]
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
* Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages."
...is just your web browser telling you that it can't find the web page.

The key to the problem is in the title of your thread/post:
Quote:
550 cannot STOR error
From the IPSwitch web site (the folks who sell WS-FTP) is this note:
Quote:
This error message is coming from the FTP Server to which you are connected. 550 errors are always a permissions errors. The text that follows 550 varies from server to server. The 550 error means the user does not have access rights to the directory or file.

You probably need more permission on the FTP Server. Contact the people who run the FTP Server.
And what THAT means is that your web host is probably blocking WebPlus from creating one or more sub folders.

You could try publishing your site to your hard drive, look at the folder structure and names with Windows Explorer, then recreate the same folder structure and names on your web server, then try republishing again with WP.

Jim B. :> )

If it is so easy a 5-year old can do it, then you better find a 5-year old to do it for you.