Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 26th September 2006, 07:08 PM   #1
Andy H
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Dummy shopping

Not sure if anyone tried this, but -

I have read quite a bit on the forum about shopping cart (Mals / Pay pal etc.) And I gotta admit I'm curious about what you are all talking about, But, - my site is not for selling things, and it was never designed that way, I'm a pure hobby (WP) user.

What I was wondering is if its possible to set up a dummy shopping cart, OK it may sound stupid, but its just so that when I see people posting things about it, I know what they are talking about, I don't actually want to sell anything which is why I haven't tried setting up a Pay pal account, (although I am a registered user of Pay pal for paying off things on e-bay),

Anyway just thought I'd ask ............ Andy

Old 26th September 2006, 08:44 PM   #2
Mike Koewler

Lightbulb Re:Dummy shopping

Andy,

You can set one up with any of the above for free. Whether you sell anything or not does not matter. However, I would also like to set up my own cart where the "products" are sent to another page in my site.

Mike

Old 26th September 2006, 09:51 PM   #3
Greg Sinclair

PayPal have a system called 'Sandbox'. I have tried to use it but could not get it to work, i needed to spend more time on it

Sandbox has been set up so designers can get everything working without the risk of acciently selling something to the casual surfer

Greg

Old 27th September 2006, 11:24 PM   #4
Andy H

Thanks Mike and Greg

I'll have a go when I get some free time, maybe I'll even get round to trying out the flash banners and forms.

Andy

Old 28th September 2006, 12:29 AM   #5
Dave P

Andy

Sandbox is fairly straightforward to use. It isn't there to ensure you don't sell something to a casual surfer at all! Many sites would love to have casual surfers buying things!

It's designed to let you figure out how to set things up without using your live PayPal account. Simply put, you create a non-working PayPal account i.e a ficticious one, and use that for dummy transactions. Works well!

Dave