Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 29th March 2005, 03:14 PM   #1
chrissy
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb web site

i cant get rid of this space between my write up and photos i have changed the length of the page but doesn't make any difference this is the page if you wont to take a look http://www.chrissy.speedy.uk.net/page2.html thanks

Old 29th March 2005, 04:19 PM   #2
Alan

Lightbulb Re:web site

Chrissy,

If you move your counter up to say just below your menu at t5he side of the page then reposition your photos to just under your write up that should fix the problem.

Alan.

Old 29th March 2005, 11:40 PM   #3
chrissy

Thank you very much that solved it

Old 31st March 2005, 03:03 AM   #4
big_mac

Just wanted to mention that your main page there has a horizontal scroll bar and i can scroll way over to the right, though there seems to be nothing there but ther same color. I am at 1024 x 768, and this is odd. You need to use the standard 750 px wide pages so even people at 800 x 600 do n ot get a horizontal scroll tab.

If you are using 750 px wide pages, there is something screwy.. Perhaps an image of that length?
...Big Mac

Old 31st March 2005, 04:04 AM   #5
Liz

I get the scroll bar too.

Also, with my browser (Firefox) and a 1284 x 1024 screen, your photographs are actually OVER the text.

FWIW,

Liz

Old 31st March 2005, 11:05 PM   #6
'Awful Punster'

Hi Chrissy,

Viewing your site in IE6, it looks to me as if the horizontal scrollbar appears (or gets longer, if it's already there) when your scrollbar 'style' code kicks in. Do you only have <style> body{ scrollbar-arrow-color: ...</style>&nbsp; in the HTML Web Object, or do you also have other stuff like <div&nbsp;style="...">&nbsp; at the top and </div>&nbsp; at the bottom?

Alfred

Click here to visit my Serif-related pages http://echo1.dr2.net/~corniest/Serif..."";return true

Old 1st April 2005, 12:10 AM   #7
chrissy

Thank you for feed back Guys i dont know whats wrong with it if i make it to 750 pix wide things hang off the edge in web plus 9 but not when i veiw it in IE6 i put a banner on links page and it doesn't show it where i placed it shoots across and i dont want it there same with counter it seems to be with the HTML codes i put in apart from the banner yikessssssssssss didn't have this trouble with web 8

Old 2nd April 2005, 01:50 PM   #8
'Awful Punster'

Chrissy,

The horizontal scrollbar has disappeared with the changes you've made, but the text overlap in Firefox (as reported by Liz) is still there: at normal text size, the words "entered from 17 different countries!" are half-covered by a photo; you might like to try choosing 'Force absolute text size' (on the Options tab under 'File > Site Properties...') to see if that fixes the problem.

Alfred

Old 3rd April 2005, 12:49 AM   #9
chrissy

Hi Alfred thank i will do that.does anyone know how i can put a magnifiying glass on my web page so veiwers can use it thanks in advance