Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 27th June 2003, 01:22 PM   #1
Pete
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Error Messages

I downloaded the free Webplus 6, but it didn't have any of the wizards it was supposed to have had. I have now been given a link by Serif and have now got some web templates. But after selecting a template and click on finish, I get an error message as: "Error webcheck.exe file is linked to missing export wininet.dll internetgetconnectedstate" Any ideas please?
Old 27th June 2003, 01:24 PM   #2
Daniel King

Lightbulb Error Messages

What actually happens after you get this error and does it definately only occur when you click on FINISH after selecting a wizard? To the best of my knowledge webcheck.exe has absolutely nothing to do the Web Wizards...

Regards
Daniel King
Software Installation Engineer
Serif (Europe) ltd.

P.S. it may be worth checking your version of Internet Explorer, WebPlus 6 requires version 5.5 or above to operate correctly. Whilst IE 5.5 was included as part of the original CD-ROM installation program, we needed to cut down the file size as much as possible for the download version.
Old 27th June 2003, 03:18 PM   #3
Pete

Lightbulb Re:Error Messages

If I click on OK in the error message window everything carries on as normal. yes, it only happens in Webplus 6. I have tried the same thing using PagePlus 7 and selecting a wizard and click finish and I get no error messages.
Old 27th June 2003, 03:55 PM   #4
'Awful Punster'

Pete,

I believe WebCheck.exe is related to a "Special Offer Update" and is not actually required to run WebPlus, so going to the WebPlus Program folder and deleting WebCheck.exe should put a stop to the error message.

Alfred

Click here: http://echo1.dr2.net/~corniest/Serif..."";return true for a guide to the 'smiley' shortcuts and the markup code, and for links to wishlists.
Old 28th June 2003, 12:32 PM   #5
Pete (pjaxon@ntlworld.com)

Alfred, thanks for your response. I did what you said and it works. Brillian. No more error messages. thanks a lot. Pete.
Old 28th June 2003, 12:52 PM   #6
'Awful Punster'

Alfred
Old 30th June 2003, 11:39 AM   #7
Chris

Lightbulb Same Problem

I have the same problem of missing wizzards...what was the link to get them??
Old 5th August 2003, 04:16 PM   #8
'Awful Punster'

Lightbulb Re:Same Problem

Chris,

Go back to

: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com

and re-enter the contact details you supplied to download WebPlus 6.0. When you reach the Downloading page, choose 'WebPlus 6.0 Wizards' from the dropdown list headed 'Select a Serif Product'. Click the 'Refresh' button on the page and then click one of the links under the heading 'Select a Download Location'.

HTH, Alfred

--
Including a URL in your post? Help other forum users by wrapping it in [LINK] and [/LINK] tags to make it clickable!