Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 15th January 2003, 01:44 PM   #1
Troy
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb web plus 7

I designed my web page and published it to the web, then i did a couple of changes to the main page as this will be an ongoing thing but when i publish it again it does not carry out the changes at all, I have tried this about 5 times today but no change, WHATS UP where am i going wrong, the help files don't help there is not even an update link please HELP
Thanks in advance
Troy

Old 15th January 2003, 02:20 PM   #2
'Awful Punster'

Lightbulb Re:web plus 7

Troy,

I don't know if this will help to solve your problem, but there is actually a WP7-related update link. It's for the FTPUploader, and it's in the 'Serif General' section of the Updates & Patches: http://www.serif.com/downloads.asp page.

Alfred

Click here]Javascript:;' onClick='smiley=window.open("http://www.dr2.net/~corniest/Serif/smileology.shtml","smileywin","width=800,height=36 0,left=0,top=0,screenX=0,screenY=0,resizable=yes,s crollbars=yes"); smiley.focus()' onMouseOver='window.status="Smiley shortcuts";return true' onMouseOut='window.status="";return true[/url] for a pop-up guide to the 'smiley' shortcuts and the markup code.

Old 15th January 2003, 02:38 PM   #3
Geoffrey Blanthorn

Troy,

Are you sure your browser is reloading the site, and not just displaying it from the cache?

Geoff

Old 15th January 2003, 03:21 PM   #4
Jim B.

It sounds like your web browser is showing you a "cached" version of your web page that is stored in your computer, instead of retrieving the "current" version from the web.

On your first visit to a web site, many web browsers will save a copy of the web pages on your computer's hard drive. Later, when you return to that page, your web browser will possibly show you the saved, or cached, version instead of retrieving the current version from the web. This is supposed to save you some time in that instead of waiting for the page to download again, you "instantly" see the one that is on your hard drive.

Usually there is an option to turn on or off caching, or select how often to refresh the cache, in your web browser's preferences.

To force your web browser to retrieve the current version of a web page, go visit your web site, then do one of these three things:

1. click on the web browser's refresh/reload button.

2. Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard, then click on the web browser's refresh/reload button.

3. Hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard, then click on the web browser's refresh/reload button.

One of these three steps should force the web browser to retrieve the current page.

Jim B. :> )

Photography - But it looks so *real*!

Old 15th January 2003, 03:30 PM   #5
trojan

Lightbulb web 7

Thanks guys for the tips i did all that was asked and i am now back on track. Thanks a mill.
Troy

Old 16th January 2003, 01:44 PM   #6
Chrome

Lightbulb Re:web 7

F5 key on the Keyboard is Refresh as well.

Chrome

Old 21st January 2003, 05:59 PM   #7
wee jock

I had a similar problem my host only allows 1mb uploads at a time as it is a free host . I try to upload it a few times then i twigged i was trying to upload to large a file it said upload succesful but it was not reduced the file size then it worked ok.
or it could a simple server error.