Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 25th December 2013, 11:19 PM   #1
aljones

aljones is on a distinguished road
Question Inconsistencies with Blog

This is going to be difficult to explain, so please bear with.
On my website ( http://fccbb.org ) I have four blog pages, one for each area in which they work.
I found that trying add / edit the blogs from home worked with FireFox (25) only if I turned add-block plus off for the page. No problem there, I can live with that.

One user has been able to log into serifwebresources through the blog, is presented with the blog and the options to post new or edit. In either case when the add page comes up, he can enter the title BUT NO TEXT FOR THE BLOG ENTRY.

Any comments / suggestions why he can enter a title but no content and then save a basically blank entry?
Old 31st December 2013, 07:50 PM   #2
aljones

Default Re: Inconsistencies with Blog

uh, bump?? Anyone???
Old 31st December 2013, 10:32 PM   #3
cliffm

cliffm is on a distinguished road

Hi aljones,

I could never get comfortable with the creation of a website with the self-contained blog in WP. There's always enough problems to deal with without wrapping them all up together.

So, a suggestion might be to just link out to a simple WordPress or Blogger blog. You can create a simple, functional blog. And... from with that blog, you can link back to all the pages in you 'static' site....

Just some thoughts....

Cliff

Last edited by cliffm; 1st January 2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 2nd January 2014, 05:18 PM   #4
aljones

Thanks for your comments Chris. An interesting thought, but it really doesn't address my problem
I could, as you suggest, do that - eventually I'll turn this over to the Crisis Center for their loving care and would like to keep as much of the system as I can within WebPlus. From what I've seen of their abilities, it's going to be difficult enough for them without the added confusion of going to an outside site.