Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 25th December 2013, 05:37 PM   #1
richosr

richosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud of
Default Empty Off Site Links not displaying sub Items

As you have probably guessed by these two last posts, I am trying to convert some of my web applications from X5 and X6 to X7 and am having some difficulties.

I don't know whether this has been mentioned before, but in X7 if you create an offsite link with no hyperlinks, any sub-pages that are included in navigation do not show in a sub-menu.

regards

Steve
Old 25th December 2013, 05:42 PM   #2
richosr

richosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud ofrichosr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Empty Off Site Links not displaying sub Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by richosr View Post
As you have probably guessed by these two last posts, I am trying to convert some of my web applications from X5 and X6 to X7 and am having some difficulties.

I don't know whether this has been mentioned before, but in X7 if you create an offsite link with no hyperlinks, any sub-pages that are included in navigation do not show in a sub-menu.

regards

Steve

Just found a workaround for this:

Change the link in the Off Site Link from nolink to internet and add a # as the link.

Sub menus then display correctly.

regards

Steve
Old 31st December 2013, 01:35 AM   #3
nedludd

nedludd is on a distinguished road

Quote:

regards

Steve
I reported this problem a couple of weeks ago and Martin Taylor provided a short fragment of HTML code which has solved the problem for me.

See my thread titled "Offsite links greyed out if no hyperlink"
Old 31st December 2013, 01:37 AM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedludd View Post
See my thread titled "Offsite links greyed out if no hyperlink"
Go here: http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=138762

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 31st December 2013, 04:59 AM   #5
richosr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post

Rather a complicated amount of code when just a # in the hyperlink will fix it and still allow disabled links to operate as they should.

Steve
Old 31st December 2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Martin Taylor
Expert

Martin Taylor has a brilliant futureMartin Taylor has a brilliant futureMartin Taylor has a brilliant futureMartin Taylor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Rather a complicated amount of code when just a # in the hyperlink will fix it and still allow disabled links to operate as they should.

Steve
I don't disagree, Steve. It's annoying to have to do any kind of workaround for something that just worked in X6.

You'll have seen that I suggested the # hyperlink in my second post on that other thread.
Old 31st December 2013, 12:21 PM   #7
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Taylor View Post
You'll have seen that I suggested the # hyperlink in my second post on that other thread.
That was actually your first suggestion, Martin!

Alfred
Old 31st December 2013, 12:51 PM   #8
Martin Taylor
Expert

Martin Taylor has a brilliant futureMartin Taylor has a brilliant futureMartin Taylor has a brilliant futureMartin Taylor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
That was actually your first suggestion, Martin!

Alfred

I should of course have said "... the second post ...". My brain's not in gear at the moment.
Old 31st December 2013, 01:15 PM   #9
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Taylor View Post
My brain's not in gear at the moment.
Welcome to the club!

Alfred