Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 27th November 2013, 01:51 AM   #1
Halle

Halle is on a distinguished road
Default WebPlus X7 over WebPlus X4???

Hello,

I have been out of using WebPlus software since summer 2012. I am interested in getting back into using WPX7. There were some issues I saw with WPX4 though. It's blogs were very poorly limited in appearance and alot of HTML coding didn't work well in WPX4.

How is WPX7 fairing with these? Has there been improvements made to how a person would interact with you website (blogs and forums). One specific issue I had was when a person would reply to a blog, it would place under the reply the time and date down to the milli second. For example;

Proper:
Blog reply
November 26, 2013 7:42pm

WebPlus X4's way:
Blog reply
November 26, 2013 7:42:00:001

From what I am seeing in the videos, WPX7 has improved as far as allowing users to edit table and spreadsheets. What about databases like MS Access 2007/2013? I remember WPX4 had a picture database but nothing more. Lastly and this is very important to me, has there been any improvement to using HTML coding? I know the video overview speaks of he software being for non-programmers but WP software has great graphics and an interface. Many of us do like doing lots of our own coding.

At the end of the day, I would rather go back to using WP software over using WordPress or WebMatrix.

Last edited by Halle; 27th November 2013 at 03:37 AM.