Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 19th August 2013, 01:16 PM   #1
Clitheroe Kid

Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default X7, X5, X4 Tutorial 2 for Fluid Background, but using Webplus Page Properties

This simple one line will change a fixed size image in Page Properties, to a fluid (responsive) image.

This uses css3 and may not be viewable in older browsers.

Right click on page>Page Properties>Background. Change "Use Master Page Background" to "Use Page Background". Click Add, and insert your background image.

Copy the following line

HTML Code:
-webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover;background-size: cover;
Right click page>Attach HTML and scroll down until you come to the line beginning <body text="#000000" Scroll to the right and paste the line immediately before /*Master Page Body Style*/

For X7 Only Right Click>View>HTML Source. Scroll down until you come to <body, scroll to the right and paste the line immediately before, or in place of /*Page Body Style*/ or /*Master A Body Style*/ X7 example is not included in the attached file.

The image in the attached file is 1000px x 512px and may look odd in design view, but preview in browser to see the effect.

Joe
Attached Files
File Type: wpp Fluid Bg using cover.wpp (175.9 KB, 789 views)

Last edited by Clitheroe Kid; 23rd December 2013 at 08:05 AM. Reason: X7 added
Old 19th August 2013, 02:19 PM   #2
bruno

bruno is on a distinguished road
Default Re: X5, X4 Tutorial 2 for Fluid Background, but using Webplus Page Properties

Excellent!
Old 19th August 2013, 03:34 PM   #3
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: X5, X4 Tutorial 2 for Fluid Background, but using Webplus Page Properties

Yeah, like that one, Joe. I've downloaded the file, reviewed it, and will give it a play this week.

Lon in California
Old 19th August 2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Clitheroe Kid

Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno View Post
Excellent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon in California View Post
Yeah, like that one, Joe. I've downloaded the file, reviewed it, and will give it a play this week.

Lon in California
Hi guys, and thanks for your comments,

Should be slightly easier to implement and may help file size by the fact that you can use a smaller background image.

Joe
Old 21st December 2013, 01:28 AM   #5
Gary-ser

Gary-ser is on a distinguished road

Hi Clithore,

Is there any way to:

1) Make this work with the Fluid Slider

(It seems like after using the fluid slider, the options to paste where you instruct for this are changed)

2) Cut the background image down in height, and position it at the bottom? (Like a footer)?

Thanks
Old 21st December 2013, 04:38 PM   #6
Clitheroe Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary-ser View Post
Hi Clithore,

Is there any way to:

1) Make this work with the Fluid Slider

(It seems like after using the fluid slider, the options to paste where you instruct for this are changed)

2) Cut the background image down in height, and position it at the bottom? (Like a footer)?

Thanks
What version of Webplus are you using? It does work with the camera slider.

You can insert a footer image using Page properties>backgrounds, or a panel. See Webplus help files.

Joe
Old 21st December 2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Gary-ser

Hi Joe,

I am using X7.

When I search for "*Master Page Body Style*" in your project it is there. In mine it is not. I have 3 Masters and already implemented the slider which works great.

The forum will not allow me to upload my 1.7MB .wpp file.

I think when I have learned a bit more maybe I will see my error.

Until then I'll just read, unless some kind soul wanted to link to a .wpp file that had both the fluid slider and the fluid background...

Best,

Gary
Old 21st December 2013, 06:51 PM   #8
Clitheroe Kid

Quote:
Hi Joe,

I am using X7.

When I search for "*Master Page Body Style*" in your project it is there. In mine it is not. I have 3 Masters and already implemented the slider which works great.

The forum will not allow me to upload my 1.7MB .wpp file.

I think when I have learned a bit more maybe I will see my error.

Until then I'll just read, unless some kind soul wanted to link to a .wpp file that had both the fluid slider and the fluid background...

Best,

Gary
Gary,

In X7 Right Click>View>HTML Source.

Scroll down until you come to <body, scroll to the right and paste the line immediately before, or in place of /*Page Body Style*/ or /*Master A Body Style*/

Joe
Old 21st December 2013, 06:56 PM   #9
Gary-ser

Joe,

OK thanks, I guess that X7 code was a little different. When I search for /*Page Body Style*/ or /*Master A Body Style*/ I DO find them!

Many thanks for the great community support Joe.

Gary
Old 21st December 2013, 07:05 PM   #10
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Joe,

OK thanks, I guess that X7 code was a little different. When I search for /*Page Body Style*/ or /*Master A Body Style*/ I DO find them!

Gary
Gary,

Variants such as '/*Master A Body Style*/' and '/*Master B Body Style*/' are new in X7: in older versions they're all just '/*Master Page Body Style*/', with the Master Page letter indicated in a tooltip when you mouse over the placeholder. The '/*Page Body Style*/' placeholder should be present in any recent version of WebPlus.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 21st December 2013, 07:31 PM   #11
Clitheroe Kid

Quote:
Joe,

Gary
My pleasure

Joe
Old 22nd December 2013, 01:32 AM   #12
Val100

Val100 is on a distinguished road

Wow! It seems like I have been waiting forever to be able to do this properly/easily. Thank you so much!

Val
Old 22nd December 2013, 08:01 AM   #13
Clitheroe Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val100 View Post
Wow! It seems like I have been waiting forever to be able to do this properly/easily. Thank you so much!

Val
Glad it's been of help to you.

Joe
Old 7th February 2014, 07:22 PM   #14
sherrif

sherrif is on a distinguished road
Default Re: X7, X5, X4 Tutorial 2 for Fluid Background, but using Webplus Page Properties

Quote:
For X7 Only Right Click>View>HTML Source. Scroll down until you come to <body, scroll to the right and paste the line immediately before, or in place of /*Page Body Style*/ or /*Master A Body Style*/ X7 example is not included in the attached file.
Hi Joe,
Where exactly can i find "master a body page" or "page body style in x7? I understand in the html view but i cant find them?

streekgerechten
renovatie
parket laminaat
Old 7th February 2014, 08:10 PM   #15
Clitheroe Kid

Default Re: X7, X5, X4 Tutorial 2 for Fluid Background, but using Webplus Page Properties

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrif View Post
Hi Joe,
Where exactly can i find "master a body page" or "page body style in x7? I understand in the html view but i cant find them?
Scroll down the page until you get to the tag <body
At that tag scroll to the right and you will see /*Page Body Style*/ and /*Master A Body Style*/

Joe
Old 7th February 2014, 11:21 PM   #16
MarkJC

MarkJC is on a distinguished road

Joe,

Can I make this scroll-able with page?

-Mark C
Old 8th February 2014, 07:57 AM   #17
Clitheroe Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJC View Post
Joe,

Can I make this scroll-able with page?

-Mark C
No. If you make an image fill the screen thats what it does. It can't fill the srcren if its scrolling. To scroll a background it needs to be larger than the screen(s).

Joe
Old 27th February 2014, 04:34 PM   #18
MarkJC

MarkJC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post
No. If you make an image fill the screen thats what it does. It can't fill the srcren if its scrolling. To scroll a background it needs to be larger than the screen(s).

Joe
Hi Joe,
I was thinking like this site:
http://demo.codestag.com/?theme=crux
The second picture keeps it's size when you zoom out and scrolls with the page. Is this possible in Webplus X7?

Mark JC
Old 27th February 2014, 07:27 PM   #19
Clitheroe Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJC View Post
Hi Joe,
I was thinking like this site:
http://demo.codestag.com/?theme=crux
The second picture keeps it's size when you zoom out and scrolls with the page. Is this possible in Webplus X7?

Mark JC
Have a look at this thread, you may be able to adapt it to your needs. There are various sets of instructions throughout the thread.

If you need to ask questions about it, post them on this that thread.

http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=126682

Joe
Old 12th April 2014, 08:40 AM   #20
sluises

sluises is on a distinguished road

Thanks Clitheroe Kid! I was very nervous to cut/paste HTML, because I don't speak computer code, but your instructions worked perfect.