Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 8th February 2002, 10:26 AM   #1
mick
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb wp6 missing feature in pp8

Hi all,

I just tried to delete this post and thread as its in the wrong place - but could not, sorry !

Had trouble with pp8 and the fact that it does not allow auto resizing of web pages i.e. relative posistioning vs absolute positioning.
At first I was gutted but then found that web plus 6 has a feature called 'centralise web pages in browser' for previewing or uploading - this feature helps with the above problem.

So problem solved I thought........not yet, why can I not find this feature in pp8 ??

Am I not looking hard enough ?
If I can do this in pp8 (easily) then I will be more than happy.

An answer would be most appreciated

Regards
Mick

Old 8th February 2002, 02:28 PM   #2
Jim B.

Lightbulb Re:wp6 missing feature in pp8

WP 6 (a program older than PP 8 ) offers you a choice of publishing your site in HTML 3.2 or HTML 4.0.

In HTML 3.2 mode, WP positions your objects on the page by putting each object in a cell of a table. Tables can be centered, and centering in a web browser is supported.

In HTML 4.0 mode, WP uses <I>only</I> absolute position by using "styles" instead of tables. Centering in a web browser is not supported.

PP 8 publishes <I>only</I> in HTML 4.0, and uses absolute position by using "styles". Centering in a web browser is not supported.

Versions of HTML prior to HTML 4.0 are being depreciated by the W3C, and PP 8 seems to comply closely with the W3C recomendations.

Jim B. * :>)

Old 8th February 2002, 03:37 PM   #3
mick

Lightbulb Now I see

Thanks Jim,

You could not have explained that better !
I now have to decide whether I really want 'centralising' or auto resizing that badly.
Chances are if I choose a program that does, it will not be as easy to use as serif.

Thanks,
Mick