Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 15th October 2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Rescuewe

Rescuewe is on a distinguished road
Default Unable to save site / Failed to save embedded resource error

I have websites in X5 and X6 I wanted to move one into x6 and opened it in x6 and started to make some changes. I saved it as a new page with the x6 in the name.

When I try to save my changes I get an error saying it failed to save embedded resource and it references a image.

No matter what I do it wont save. I tried to create a brand new site from scratch and move text I had just created using copy and paste over to the other site and I get the same error and it will not let me move the text.

X6 has been crashing constantly since the last updates / patches.

I'm stuck???
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Cornish Sailer

Cornish Sailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Unable to save site / Failed to save embedded resource error

I have exactly the same problem and I notice that this thread has gone almost a year unanswered.
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:13 PM   #3
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Sailer View Post
I have exactly the same problem and I notice that this thread has gone almost a year unanswered.
If this fails to help then you will need to explain the exact details of the problem to Serif Support

Close all programs and restart the computer.

Run (Windows) Disk Clean-up to delete old temporary files.

Open WebPlus X6 in Reset User Settings mode as described here How to Rest User Settings
Old 3rd August 2013, 04:32 AM   #4
Rescuewe

Rescuewe is on a distinguished road

I just ended up rebuilding all of my sites from scratch in x6 support nor anyone else could solve or fix the problems. I have a dedicated web building computer so software conflicts were not an issue for me. Who knows I have everything rebuilt now so I had not thought about this post in a long time.