Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 16th July 2012, 10:10 PM   #1
lorinluv

lorinluv is on a distinguished road
Question How to Create Animations

I am pretty new at making a website, although I think I have done an ok job. We are a towing company and use the website to mainly host accident photos for customers and adjusters. I have photos from several years (2008 to present) and would like to create an animation that shows a tow truck pulling the 2012 (for example) when that year is selected. any suggestions?
Old 16th July 2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to Create Animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinluv View Post
I am pretty new at making a website, although I think I have done an ok job. We are a towing company and use the website to mainly host accident photos for customers and adjusters. I have photos from several years (2008 to present) and would like to create an animation that shows a tow truck pulling the 2012 (for example) when that year is selected. any suggestions?
DrawPlus can create animations and export to Flash, I've never used it for that purpose and there are other apps such as KoolMoves.

I'm not sure if you can achieve a basic animation effect with the sliders at Neil's add+on website. Basic animation is available in X6 via Sliders - Example 1 - Example Two
Old 16th July 2012, 10:20 PM   #3
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
DrawPlus can create animations and export to Flash, I've never used it for that purpose and there are other apps such as KoolMoves.

I'm not sure if you can achieve a basic animation effect with the sliders at Neil's add+on website. Basic animation is available in X6 via Sliders - Example 1 - Example Two
DrawPlus can also produce animated *.gifs.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:37 AM   #4
dsirusj

dsirusj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hippo Animator

If your just starting out it's easy to use,
doesn't cost too much and has an easy interface,
getting started tutorials on their site and to help you out.

Exports to Html5

30 Day free trial

http://hippostudios.co.uk
Old 17th July 2012, 12:47 AM   #5
Archibald
Master

Archibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvana

What do you mean by:

Quote:
tow truck pulling the 2012
?
Old 17th July 2012, 01:12 PM   #6
lorinluv

see how it is set up now....http://www.bennettsgarage.net/photos.html
I want there to be several blocks with the year in each, ie, 2008, 2009, etc....then when someone selects lets say "2012"....i would like an animation to show a tow truck towing in the block "2012" then the page open to that calendar. I will check out the other suggestions when time allows. Thanks all
Old 17th July 2012, 03:41 PM   #7
Archibald
Master

Archibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvana

Quote:
See how it is set up now....http://www.bennettsgarage.net/photos.html
I want there to be several blocks with the year in each, ie, 2008, 2009, etc....then when someone selects lets say "2012".... I would like an animation to show a tow truck towing in the block "2012" then the page open to that calendar. I will check out the other suggestions when time allows.
Thanks for the information: that sounds more complicated than I hoped .
Old 17th July 2012, 03:43 PM   #8
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
Thanks for the information: that sounds more complicated than I hoped .
But, maybe there's a design compromise so that using the tools in WebPlus can achieve the objective...
Old 17th July 2012, 03:53 PM   #9
Archibald
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
But, maybe there's a design compromise so that using the tools in WebPlus can achieve the objective...
A lot of work has gone into assembling all those photos of accidents but I don't think many site visitors will bother to view more than a few. All those photos will not sell any more recovery jobs. It's rather a pain having to click on dates on calendars to see the photos anyway.
Old 17th July 2012, 04:44 PM   #10
lorinluv

You are correct, that I dont believe that the photos will win us more recovery work, or that the older photos get viewed much and maybe at some point I will take them off. The reason for the calendar format is really to protect the names of the innocent...LOL...really, lets say we do a recovery job for UPS. they might not want their name associated with the photos, and so the format I am using sorta protects them from negative associations. Only they would know to go look on that date to see their photos.
Old 17th July 2012, 04:58 PM   #11
Archibald
Master

Quote:
. . . . . they would know to go look on that date to see their photos.
Ah . . . that's the reason for the calendars .

If you want some animation on your site, you could paste some cut-out side-on photos of tow trucks and wrecked vehicles on this panel scroller. Just make sure they are all heading towards the left. Make panel transparent so you can put some trees behind.