Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 16th July 2012, 05:42 PM   #1
ianmorris

ianmorris is on a distinguished road
Default Navigation sub-menu issues

Just acquired X6 to redo my website from old frontpage, I am having difficulties getting drop down sub-menus to display properly. On my master page I am overlaying a nav bar onto a header panel. Everything displays fine in explorer preview window within X6, then I go to preview in Explorer 9 and the drop down sub-menu won't display under the respective nav button, it is placed over to the right hand side of my browser window off the webpage. However it works fine in Google chrome in the correct position. If I move the nav bar out of the panel into an empty space on the page it then works correctly in all browsers!

Why might this be?
Old 16th July 2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Navigation sub-menu issues

Welcome to the forums.

Is the navbar placed within a panel or did you convert the navbar to a panel?

EDIT : Both methods are working here correctly with three of the navbar styles I tried. What's different about your navbar or perhaps there is some code on the page? It's like walking in the dark without seeing it .

Last edited by Tom.; 16th July 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 16th July 2012, 05:55 PM   #3
ianmorris

Hi Tom
I just dragged the navbar from the quick build onto the panel then edited until the appearance was what I wanted. I have tried several different types of navbar all seem to have the same results. As I said if I drag the navnar out of the panel onto a blank part of the page it works fine so must be something to do with the panel location. Not sure how to publish easily it so people can see, my current frontpage website is still live on my hosting package under my domain?
Old 16th July 2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmorris View Post
Hi Tom
I just dragged the navbar from the quick build onto the panel then edited until the appearance was what I wanted. I have tried several different types of navbar all seem to have the same results. As I said if I drag the navnar out of the panel onto a blank part of the page it works fine so must be something to do with the panel location. Not sure how to publish easily it so people can see, my current frontpage website is still live on my hosting package under my domain?
Can you make a folder on your host and upload there? If the wpp file is not too large, perhaps upload that and provide the download link or attach the wpp file to the forum - 250kb or 500kb if zipped is the limit for forum attachments.
Old 16th July 2012, 06:02 PM   #5
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Hi Tom
Is the panel high enough to include all the child pages when the navbar is expanded?
Old 16th July 2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Tom.
Guru

OK, I see the problem once I set the Panel as fixed. This happened in X5 and was sorted in a patch, looks like it's back again in X6 .
Old 16th July 2012, 06:10 PM   #7
ianmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Is the panel high enough to include all the child pages when the navbar is expanded?
No I have a slider underneath the panel with the navbar at the bottom of the panel just above the slider. The submenu should drop down over the slider, which it does on the preview window and google chrome but not IE9
Old 16th July 2012, 06:14 PM   #8
ianmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
OK, I see the problem once I set the Panel as fixed. This happened in X5 and was sorted in a patch, looks like it's back again in X6 .
That's narrowed it down! I had my panel aligned to browser window. I just unchecked the box to allow the panel to move up when scrolled and the sub menu is displayed as it should!
Old 16th July 2012, 06:21 PM   #9
Tom.
Guru

Quote:
That's narrowed it down! I had my panel aligned to browser window. I just unchecked the box to allow the panel to move up when scrolled and the sub menu is displayed as it should!
I would guess the first patch should be here in a few weeks, but only Serif know what's going to be included in that. I'd submit a support ticket and see what comes back.
Old 16th July 2012, 07:18 PM   #10
ianmorris

Ok Thanks for your help