Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

If you need to comply with the new regs and you dont yet have an information button or panel, have a look at this site.

http://civicuk.com/cookie-law/configuration

Cross browser compatible and not too intrusive.

Joe
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 04:09 PM   #2
TAE
Senior Member
 
TAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glasgow, (GCU)
Posts: 2,824
TAE is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post
If you need to comply with the new regs and you dont yet have an information button or panel, have a look at this site.

http://civicuk.com/cookie-law/configuration

Cross browser compatible and not too intrusive.

Joe
I used this when it had the previous version (see it on my site www.kilmorewebdesign.com), but haven't yet managed to get this current version - the less obtrusive one working!
TAE is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
I used this when it had the previous version (see it on my site www.kilmorewebdesign.com), but haven't yet managed to get this current version - the less obtrusive one working!
In your script change theme to dark. If it does'nt work I'll post the script.

Joe
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Tom.
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 21,615
Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post
If you need to comply with the new regs and you dont yet have an information button or panel, have a look at this site.

http://civicuk.com/cookie-law/configuration

Cross browser compatible and not too intrusive.

Joe
Thanks, Joe

IIRC, I tried it and it failed with no Javascript.
Tom. is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 04:54 PM   #5
TAE
Senior Member
 
TAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glasgow, (GCU)
Posts: 2,824
TAE is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Am I right that the code should be like this:

Code:
<script src="http://www.geoplugin.net/javascript.gp" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="MYPATH/cookieControl-4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
  cookieControl({
      introText:'<p>This site uses cookies to help iprove our site for you.<br />What is a cookie?<br /></p><ol><li>It is a tasty item of food</li><li>It is a small harmless script.  More information is <a title="Cookies - KWD" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie" target="_blank">here</a></li></ol>',
      fullText:'<p>Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won\'t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.</p><p>We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of the site. If you\'re not happy with this, we won\'t set these cookies but some nice features of the site may be unavailable.</p><p>By using our site you accept the terms of our <a href="MYPRIVACYPOLICYURL">Privacy Policy</a>.</p>',
      position:'left', // left or right
      shape:'triangle', // triangle or diamond
      theme:'dark', // light or dark
      startOpen:true,
      autoHide:6000,
      subdomains:true,
      onAccept:function(){ccAddAnalytics()},
      onReady:function(){},
      onCookiesAllowed:function(){ccAddAnalytics()},
      onCookiesNotAllowed:function(){},
      countries:'United Kingdom' // Or supply a list ['United Kingdom', 'Greece']
      });
      function ccAddAnalytics() {
        jQuery.getScript("http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js", function() {
          var GATracker = _gat._createTracker('UA-********-1');
          GATracker._trackPageview();
        });
      }
   //]]>
</script>
And upload the script (.min.js) to the root of my domain, leaving the path as either "/" or http://www.myurl.com/

Have I missed anything there - because this new version isn't working still (PS. it is only my home page I am trying the new version on until I get it sorted )
TAE is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post

And upload the script (.min.js) to the root of my domain, leaving the path as either "/" or http://www.myurl.com/

Have I missed anything there - because this new version isn't working still (PS. it is only my home page I am trying the new version on until I get it sorted )
Paste this. If you have cookieControl-4.1.min.js in the root directory then this script will work.

Code:
<script src="http://www.geoplugin.net/javascript.gp" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="cookieControl-4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
  cookieControl({
      introText:'<p>This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer.</p>',
      fullText:'<p>Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won\'t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.</p><p>We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of the site. If you\'re not happy with this, we won\'t set these cookies but some nice features of the site may be unavailable.</p><p>By using our site you accept the terms of our <a href="http://www.privacy.html">Privacy Policy</a>.</p>',
      position:'left', // left or right
      shape:'triangle', // triangle or diamond
      theme:'dark', // light or dark
      startOpen:true,
      autoHide:60000,
      subdomains:true,
      onAccept:function(){ccAddAnalytics()},
      onReady:function(){},
      onCookiesAllowed:function(){ccAddAnalytics()},
      onCookiesNotAllowed:function(){},
      countries:'United Kingdom' // Or supply a list ['United Kingdom', 'Greece']
      });

      function ccAddAnalytics() {
        jQuery.getScript("http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js", function() {
          var GATracker = _gat._createTracker('');
          GATracker._trackPageview();
        });
      }
   //]]>
</script>


Joe
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 05:38 PM   #7
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
Thanks, Joe

IIRC, I tried it and it failed with no Javascript.
Hi Tom,

In total I found 4 of these widgets and this is the only one that worked in IE7.

I think its the lesser of two evils. If it does'nt work in older IE browsers then ~7% dont see it. If javascript is disabled its ~2% that dont see it.

Joe
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 05:49 PM   #8
TAE
Senior Member
 
TAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glasgow, (GCU)
Posts: 2,824
TAE is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post
Paste this. If you have cookieControl-4.1.min.js in the root directory then this script will work.

Code:
<script src="http://www.geoplugin.net/javascript.gp" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="cookieControl-4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
  cookieControl({
      introText:'<p>This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer.</p>',
      fullText:'<p>Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won\'t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.</p><p>We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of the site. If you\'re not happy with this, we won\'t set these cookies but some nice features of the site may be unavailable.</p><p>By using our site you accept the terms of our <a href="http://www.privacy.html">Privacy Policy</a>.</p>',
      position:'left', // left or right
      shape:'triangle', // triangle or diamond
      theme:'dark', // light or dark
      startOpen:true,
      autoHide:60000,
      subdomains:true,
      onAccept:function(){ccAddAnalytics()},
      onReady:function(){},
      onCookiesAllowed:function(){ccAddAnalytics()},
      onCookiesNotAllowed:function(){},
      countries:'United Kingdom' // Or supply a list ['United Kingdom', 'Greece']
      });
 
      function ccAddAnalytics() {
        jQuery.getScript("http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js", function() {
          var GATracker = _gat._createTracker('');
          GATracker._trackPageview();
        });
      }
   //]]>
</script>


Joe
AH! It works if I view my site through www.hidemyass.com; obviously the site is still in the cache
TAE is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 05:52 PM   #9
Tom.
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 21,615
Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post
I think its the lesser of two evils. If it does'nt work in older IE browsers then ~7% dont see it. If javascript is disabled its ~2% that dont see it.
I see what you mean. The trouble is that it has to be seen in all browsers and all devices and of course act as a firewall before dropping the cookies into the browser.

EDIT : Which is where the expensive Optanon seems to fail.

Last edited by Tom.; 13th May 2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: typo
Tom. is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 05:58 PM   #10
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
AH! It works if I view my site through www.hidemyass.com; obviously the site is still in the cache


Joe
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 05:59 PM   #11
TAE
Senior Member
 
TAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glasgow, (GCU)
Posts: 2,824
TAE is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post


Joe
Thanks for posting the script up
TAE is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
Thanks for posting the script up
I should have mentioned earlier, dont forget to input the Tracker number if required, and change the url for your privacy policy which is at the end of the Full Text line.

Joe
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
Old 13th May 2012, 08:38 PM   #13
TAE
Senior Member
 
TAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glasgow, (GCU)
Posts: 2,824
TAE is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post
I should have mentioned earlier, dont forget to input the Tracker number if required, and change the url for your privacy policy which is at the end of the Full Text line.

Joe
Yup, done - thanks

I assume that I should now delete the google analytics html code from my site other than that code, yes?
TAE is offline  
Old 14th May 2012, 06:46 AM   #14
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
Yup, done - thanks

I assume that I should now delete the google analytics html code from my site other than that code, yes?
I dont use Google analytics, so have not read about its use with this widget. Sorry I cant be of more help on this question.

Joe
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
Old 14th May 2012, 01:40 PM   #15
ChrisS
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 49
ChrisS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Hi Guys,

I have spent all day trying to get this to work and it wont. I have the cookieControl-4.1.min in the root directory together with Jquery-1.7.2.min. The code has been pasted in my master page at <!--Master Page Body Start--> and the URL for the privacy altered etc but when I preview the site nothing is there.

What am I missing?

Any help appreciated, as always.

Best regards

Chris
ChrisS is offline  
Old 14th May 2012, 02:08 PM   #16
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Guys,

I have spent all day trying to get this to work and it wont. I have the cookieControl-4.1.min in the root directory together with Jquery-1.7.2.min. The code has been pasted in my master page at <!--Master Page Body Start--> and the URL for the privacy altered etc but when I preview the site nothing is there.

What am I missing?

Any help appreciated, as always.

Best regards

Chris
Hi Chris,

Use the script from my post #6 above. I am using it with jquery 1.4.4.min, but I have tried it with 1.7.2.min and it works with that too.

Edit: I use Insert Web Object>HTML and paste to body.

Joe

Last edited by Clitheroe Kid; 14th May 2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Additional info
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
Old 14th May 2012, 04:14 PM   #17
ChrisS
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 49
ChrisS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post
Hi Chris,

Use the script from my post #6 above. I am using it with jquery 1.4.4.min, but I have tried it with 1.7.2.min and it works with that too.

Edit: I use Insert Web Object>HTML and paste to body.

Joe
Hi Joe,

Thanks for that, I now have it working after a fashion. The problem is it is putting it at the top left of the screen and pushing the web page down below it and the read more caption is split from the main body and pushed half way down the page.

Is there anyway of controlling the position of where they appear on the page?

Many thanks

Chris
ChrisS is offline  
Old 14th May 2012, 04:54 PM   #18
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Joe,

Thanks for that, I now have it working after a fashion. The problem is it is putting it at the top left of the screen and pushing the web page down below it and the read more caption is split from the main body and pushed half way down the page.

Is there anyway of controlling the position of where they appear on the page?

Many thanks

Chris
Hi Chris,

If you look at the site were you can download the script, you can position either bottom left or right. You can change this in the script.

Are you using the "insert web object" method when pasting to body?

I have the DOCTYPE set to this:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en">
And the call for jQuery in in the page head like this.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.microsoft.com/ajax/jQuery/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
Hope this helps.

Joe
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
Old 14th May 2012, 05:20 PM   #19
ChrisS
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 49
ChrisS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post
Hi Chris,

If you look at the site were you can download the script, you can position either bottom left or right. You can change this in the script.

Are you using the "insert web object" method when pasting to body?

I have the DOCTYPE set to this:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en">
And the call for jQuery in in the page head like this.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.microsoft.com/ajax/jQuery/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
Hope this helps.

Joe
Hi Joe,

I have taken the code from the website and set it to triangle left and dark. However it is not working, you can see my problem at www.avelandpestsolutions.co.uk

On The Cookie Control website they seem to have it fixed to the bottom left and it doesn't scroll when you scroll the page but mine does.

I may have the code in the wrong place.

Thanks

Chris
ChrisS is offline  
Old 14th May 2012, 05:42 PM   #20
Clitheroe Kid
Senior Member
 
Clitheroe Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 2,758
Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Cookie consent Button/Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Joe,

I have taken the code from the website and set it to triangle left and dark. However it is not working, you can see my problem at www.avelandpestsolutions.co.uk

On The Cookie Control website they seem to have it fixed to the bottom left and it doesn't scroll when you scroll the page but mine does.

I may have the code in the wrong place.

Thanks

Chris
Hi Chris,

You have the script listed twice.

You also have an errant closing tag > as shown below

Code:
          var GATracker = _gat._createTracker('UA-18853319-1');
          GATracker._trackPageview();
        });
      }
   //]]>
</script>  

>    

<script src="http://www.geoplugin.net/javascript.gp" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="cookieControl-4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
Why not remove both copies, then install the script from my post #6 above exactly as it is using Insert Web Object>HTML and paste to body.

Once its working you can then customise it for your site.

Joe
Clitheroe Kid is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WebPlus X5: Using Wolf jQuery Plugin for Cookie Consent (Google Analytics) Ali WebPlus 13 30th October 2011 07:20 PM
WebPlus X5: How to add a close button in a panel? guardagujas WebPlus 2 27th May 2011 11:14 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:34 PM.