Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 6th May 2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Clitheroe Kid

Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of
Default X4:X2 Tutorial Popup/Zoom using one image

Recently came across this line of CSS: -ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic;

which removes a bug in IE and allows images to be enlarged without pixelating. I've put together two methods of image zoom, one using jQuery and one using CSS. Both work in a WYSIWYG manner so what you see on the demo page is the same as design view. One image is used for the thumbnail and is enlarged. Very useful if you have a page of hyperlinked animated popups because you can halve the number of images

See DEMO here. Scroll to bottom for CSS example.

The CSS example works well but another bug in IE7 prevents z-index from functioning on hover. It can be fixed by adding a jquery script, so at the end of the day you might as well use the jQuery version of this demo. But its your choice.

Joe
Old 2nd June 2012, 04:22 AM   #2
davem

davem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: X4:X2 Tutorial Popup/Zoom using one image

I had just installed it on one of my website for one of the photo galleries. photos/gallery3

www.alsiesings.com

It works nice, but when I put it in, I lost the use of all my sliders(3). I had to reinstall them.

Trying several different kinds for feeback. Maybe I can settle it down in a couple weeks.
Founder of Application Allstars
Allstar Applications
Old 2nd June 2012, 04:27 AM   #3
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
I had just installed it on one of my website for one of the photo galleries. photos/gallery3

www.alsiesings.com

It works nice, but when I put it in, I lost the use of all my sliders(3). I had to reinstall them.

Trying several different kinds for feeback. Maybe I can settle it down in a couple weeks.
Dave

How are you uploading? Looks like all images are missing.
Old 2nd June 2012, 04:46 AM   #4
davem

davem is on a distinguished road

You may have jumped in while I was uploading. ??? I installed an image thing and it wiped all my sliders. All reset now I think.

I use Filezilla to ftp.

Funny thing is, I have another site that just lost the slider. It was working earlier. LOL
Oh Well
Founder of Application Allstars
Allstar Applications
Old 2nd June 2012, 05:58 AM   #5
Clitheroe Kid

Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post

www.alsiesings.com

Hi Dave,

You have the DOCTYPE, the script and the css all in Body. Take it out.

Copy the DOCTYPE. On your page Right click>Attach HTML and paste it at the top of the page over <!--Page Preamble-->

Copy the call for jquery, the script and the css. Use Insert>Web Object>HTML click on the page and click Paste to Head. Check the Ignore page position box.

Joe