Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 5th February 2012, 11:45 AM   #1
simon williams

simon williams is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble with registration key

Have just downloaded Pageplus starter edition to see if it works for me before committing to the cost of buying a full version.
The Nag screen asks for a registration key, so I have registered the product and been issued with a 5 digit number.
When I key this into the registration screen, it reposrts as invalid. (I've also tried copy & paste from the e-mail)
I'm sure it'll be something I'm doing wrong - any suggestions?
Old 5th February 2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Trouble with registration key

Check again — my registration key is 7 digits.
Old 5th February 2012, 11:59 AM   #3
simon williams

Errrrrrrr No definitley only 5 digits on the e-mail
Old 5th February 2012, 12:29 PM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon williams View Post
Errrrrrrr No definitley only 5 digits on the e-mail
I don't seem to have a Registration Key for PagePlus Starter Edition or any of the other Starter Editions I have installed here. All of my full versions have 7-digit Registration Keys, copied straight from the screen when I registered online.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 6th February 2012, 12:29 AM   #5
simon williams

Thanks for your help - I'll try the help desk in the morning.
Old 6th February 2012, 12:45 PM   #6
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

PagePlus Starter Edition downloaded directly from Serif.com is not supposed to ask you to register as far as I'm aware, so I'm surprised you're being asked to. I'll look into that and find out why your copy is asking you to.

In the meantime, I can see from your customer account why your Registration Number isn't working. The Registration Wizard that you see in the program should give you two codes: a Registration Code (sometimes called Marketing Code) and an Installation Number. When you registered on the website, it seems that you typed in the Installation Number as shown, but used completely the wrong Registration Code.

Make sure you transcribe the two codes from the wizard into the website exactly as they are shown. This will ensure that you get the Registration Number that you need.

Hope that helps
Old 6th February 2012, 01:06 PM   #7
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah W View Post
PagePlus Starter Edition downloaded directly from Serif.com is not supposed to ask you to register as far as I'm aware, so I'm surprised you're being asked to. I'll look into that and find out why your copy is asking you to.
I recall the same problem cropping up with some copies of DSA (or it may have been DSA2). It turned out that there was a batch of faulty Product Keys.

Quote:
The Registration Wizard that you see in the program should give you two codes: a Registration Code (sometimes called Marketing Code) and an Installation Number.
I haven't seen the term 'Marketing Code' in the Registration Wizard for a very, very long time. I've mentioned previously on these forums that although I've never understood what it had to do with marketing, at least it didn't leave room for confusion like the current 'Registration Code'/'Registration Key' terminology does!

Alfred

Last edited by AlfredP; 6th February 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 6th February 2012, 03:39 PM   #8
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold

I downloaded PPSE again from the Serif™ site, and found that my registration key was a 25 digit code.

I wonder if Simon is downloading it from somewhere else?
Old 6th February 2012, 03:48 PM   #9
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
I've never understood what it had to do with marketing
It it used to identify the market from which the product was obtained. Direct Serif purchases have SER in them (e.g. SER01), retail purchased usually have RTL (or similar), magazine coverdisks have something that represents the name of the magazine, etc.
Old 6th February 2012, 03:51 PM   #10
Sarah W
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
I downloaded PPSE again from the Serif™ site, and found that my registration key was a 25 digit code.
I suspect you're referring to your product key, used for installation, and not a Registration key.

Quote:
I wonder if Simon is downloading it from somewhere else?
No, he downloaded directly from Serif (I can see the order on his customer account).

The product key that Simon received with his order is one that causes a registration prompt, I'm just not sure why that's the kind of key that he received. Hopefully I will know soon, I'm awaiting a response from the relevant team.
Old 6th February 2012, 09:08 PM   #11
simon williams

Thanks all of you for your help. I have re-registered the product and this produced a 7 digit key (not sure what I did differently this time
However, this key has worked and everything seems fine.

Thanks again
Old 6th February 2012, 10:07 PM   #12
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
It it used to identify the market from which the product was obtained. Direct Serif purchases have SER in them (e.g. SER01), retail purchased usually have RTL (or similar), magazine coverdisks have something that represents the name of the magazine, etc.
Thanks, Sarah. All has become clear now!

Alfred
Old 6th February 2012, 10:08 PM   #13
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon williams View Post
Thanks all of you for your help. I have re-registered the product and this produced a 7 digit key (not sure what I did differently this time
However, this key has worked and everything seems fine.

Thanks again
I'm glad to hear that you managed to get it sorted out, Simon.

Alfred
Old 7th February 2012, 09:46 AM   #14
Sarah W
Expert

Good news Simon, pleased to hear it