Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > PhotoPlus

Notices

PhotoPlus Questions about using PhotoPlus for photo editing

Old 2nd February 2012, 08:36 AM   #1
lori.levaughn

lori.levaughn is on a distinguished road
Question How to make an animated gif from a video clip?

Is it possible to make animated gifs from video clips with Serif PhotoPlus X5? If so, how would one go about doing so?
Old 3rd February 2012, 01:37 AM   #2
Greyfox
Expert

Greyfox is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: How to make an animated gif from a video clip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori.levaughn View Post
Is it possible to make animated gifs from video clips with Serif PhotoPlus X5? If so, how would one go about doing so?
For PhotoPlusX5, you would need to first extract from your video the individual frames you wanted to include in the animation.

It would be easier in DrawPlusX5 , where you can import a video clip into an animation.
Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz, 8GB Ram, GeForce GTX-560 (1GB), Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with VM XP-Mode. Canon 8400F scanner, Brother HL-2270DW Mono Laser, Brother MFC-J825DW Multifunction, Sony SLT-A57 and Canon IXUS-110IS cameras, Sony DCR-HC96E Video Camera. PagePlus 9,X4,X5,X6,X7, MoviePlus X3,X5,X6 PhotoPlus X3,X4,X5,X6 DrawPlus X4,X5,X6
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:46 AM   #3
gerrycud

gerrycud is a jewel in the roughgerrycud is a jewel in the rough

You can open video files in PhotoPlus. You definitely want to cut the clip down to the approximate size you want first though, using a video editor. Otherwise, the file would be too big and likely crash PhotoPlus.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Greyfox
Expert

Greyfox is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrycud View Post
You can open video files in PhotoPlus. You definitely want to cut the clip down to the approximate size you want first though, using a video editor. Otherwise, the file would be too big and likely crash PhotoPlus.
Hi Gerry,
I had forgotten that PhotoPlus is supposed to be able to import .avi video files. After reading your post, I tried it, but a 47.9MB .avi file (a standard PAL 720 x 576 25fps clip from my Sony DCR-HC96E video camera) won't open in PhPX5. Gives a "Failed to open document" error. The same file opens quite happily in DPX5 and MvPX5. Tried some other short .avi files in PhPX5 with same result.
Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz, 8GB Ram, GeForce GTX-560 (1GB), Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with VM XP-Mode. Canon 8400F scanner, Brother HL-2270DW Mono Laser, Brother MFC-J825DW Multifunction, Sony SLT-A57 and Canon IXUS-110IS cameras, Sony DCR-HC96E Video Camera. PagePlus 9,X4,X5,X6,X7, MoviePlus X3,X5,X6 PhotoPlus X3,X4,X5,X6 DrawPlus X4,X5,X6
Old 6th February 2012, 06:03 PM   #5
paulfredfield
Advanced Member

paulfredfield is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
For PhotoPlusX5, you would need to first extract from your video the individual frames you wanted to include in the animation.

It would be easier in DrawPlusX5 , where you can import a video clip into an animation.
Is it me or is it a real surprise to be able to import video into a drawing application?

Paul
Old 6th February 2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold

IrfanView can also be used to extract videos as individual frames. AVI, WMV, MOV, and MPEG are supported. Frames are extracted as bitmap (*.bmp) files.