Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 6th January 2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Phaedrus

Phaedrus is on a distinguished road
Default Making Custom Quiz Output to Results Form

I have made a custom quiz that outputs to a results.php form as follows:

<form action="results.php" method="post">

When I click in a "Submit Button" the results.php form comes up. The php script is required because it tallies the quiz score and uses an if/then statement to show results.

My question is this: How can I make this a results.html in Serif WebPlus and actually post to the php script? Can it be done?

A sample of the script I am using can be found at:
http://www.datingdiversions.com/tutorial/page3.html

Thanks for any help in advance
Old 6th January 2012, 12:57 PM   #2
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Making Custom Quiz Output to Results Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
My question is this: How can I make this a results.html in Serif WebPlus and actually post to the php script? Can it be done?
You don't make it 'results.html', you make it 'results.php' (so that your web server knows to process it through the PHP engine).

You can either copy the entire code for the results page and paste it into a new document in a text editor, or you can add a page in WebPlus and change the file name via the Page Properties dialog. If saving in a text editor such as Notepad, make sure you choose 'All files (*.*)' as the file type (so that you don't end up with a file named 'results.php.txt'). If adding a page in WebPlus, add the first piece of PHP code by pressing Alt+S to bring up the Source View and pasting just before the <!--Page Preamble--> placeholder; to add the second piece of PHP code, return to Design View and 'Paste to Body' in an HTML Code Fragment, and then position it on the page.

In the Form Wizard, choose 'A script file from my hard drive' if you've saved the script as an external text file, or choose 'A remote script' if you've added it as a PHP page in your WebPlus project. In the latter case, the 'URL' of the remote script is simply results.php (or whatever alternative filename you chose for the PHP page).

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 6th January 2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Phaedrus

Phaedrus is on a distinguished road

You saved me again, Alfred. That solution not only worked perfectly, it also helped me to understand how it works. I have not tried anything from the form wizard, but it sounds like a good idea to try at some point. In any case, it also solved several other issues I had, So thanks a lot.
Old 6th January 2012, 02:19 PM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
You saved me again, Alfred. That solution not only worked perfectly, it also helped me to understand how it works. I have not tried anything from the form wizard, but it sounds like a good idea to try at some point. In any case, it also solved several other issues I had, So thanks a lot.
You're welcome, Phaedrus. I'm glad I was able to help.

Alfred
Old 10th January 2012, 08:42 PM   #5
saddlescenes

saddlescenes is on a distinguished road

You are my hero! I've worked on this so hard I do it in my sleep! And still don't get it right in the morning. I'm off to put your advice to work.
Old 4th November 2012, 09:49 PM   #6
Genny

Genny is on a distinguished road

Bonsoir AlfredP, bonsoir à tous.
J'ai une question à ce sujet " est que on peut ajouter du code php avec Webplus6? car nulle prt je trouve réponse sauf ce soir ici sur ce post.
Exemple : j'ai une formulaire d'inscription client/membre avec mail, mot de passe, nom prénom, etc.
Un autre petit formulaire pour client déjà enregistré "se connecter avec email = login et mot de passe.
Je doit générer le code php pour que le tout soit lier avec mysql/php "base de données".
Est possible?
Je doit aussi crée un espace client /membre pour la connexion et la protection de certaines page (aussi lier avec mysql)
savez vous si sur Webplus6 on peut faire cela?
Et si oui qu'elle la technique pour relier sur wp6 les fichiers php?

En vous remerciant AlfredP
Genny
Old 4th November 2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Genny

Post Re: Making Custom Quiz Output to Results Form

Hi AlfredP, good evening everyone.
I have a question about it, "is that you can add php code with Webplus6? Because I find no ready answer but tonight here on this post.
Example: I have a form client / member with email, password, first name, etc..
Another short form for registered customer "connect with email = login and password.
I need to generate the php code for that link everything with mysql / php "database".
Is possible?
I must also creates a space customer / member for connection and protection of certain page (also link with mysql)
if you know of Webplus6 can do this?
And whether they relate to the technical WP6 php files?

Thanking you AlfredP
Old 4th November 2012, 09:59 PM   #8
Genny

J'ajoute un'application que j'ai trouver pour généré le code php/mysql
http://bigprof.com/appgini/

AppGini PHP Code Generator For MySQL
AppGini is a program that helps you develop web database applications instantly. You do not need to have any programming background to use it. Just define your database, set some options, click the Generate button, and you're done!

Since AppGini was released on 2002, we've continually worked on developing it by adding features, enhancements and fixes. And because these improvements are all based on the valuable feedback of thousands of users, AppGini has become an outstanding data management product essential for any web developer.
Old 4th November 2012, 11:03 PM   #9
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genny View Post
Hi AlfredP, good evening everyone.
I have a question about it, "is that you can add php code with Webplus6? Because I find no ready answer but tonight here on this post.
Example: I have a form client / member with email, password, first name, etc..
Another short form for registered customer "connect with email = login and password.
I need to generate the php code for that link everything with mysql / php "database".
Is possible?
I must also creates a space customer / member for connection and protection of certain page (also link with mysql)
if you know of Webplus6 can do this?
And whether they relate to the technical WP6 php files?

Thanking you AlfredP
Hi Genny,

I know very little about MySQL. Perhaps someone else with a useful amount of experience in that area will see this thread and be able to offer some guidance.

Alfred
Old 4th November 2012, 11:14 PM   #10
Genny

Bonsoir Alfred, merci pour la réponse. (mysql je suis entrant d'apprendre et fait des test ça passe)
Ce que je voudrais savoir si on peut utiliser du php (traitement sur éditeur Notepad++) et lier avec webplus6 et comment l’intégré.
Est que tout le site wpp nomdomaine.html, doit être en php? ou on peut faire que la partie formulaire?

Ma demande va aussi sur le fait de crée un espace membres/client avec protection des pages.
Il y a les objets intelligents (création groupe), mais j'aime pas, car on peut pas les personnaliser, et de plus pas bien expliqué l'utilisation sur l'aide de serif, très succinct.

Merci
Genny