Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 5th November 2011, 07:49 AM   #1
petermas

petermas is on a distinguished road
Default Inserting symbols within text

Hi all,
I have a text frame and I want to insert some custom symbols within the text itself. I tried inserting a small jpg but it does funny things. What is the best way to do it? Thank you for any help, Peter
PS Sorry for the misspellings in the title, can't correct it
Old 5th November 2011, 07:54 AM   #2
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Inserting symbles withing text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermas View Post
I tried inserting a small jpg but it does funny things. What is the best way to do it?
You can stop it doing "funny things" by adjusting the text wrap and spacing properties.

Attach a new site with just a paragraph of text and an inline symbol that does "funny things" so that we can see what the problem is. Tell us what you want it to do.
Old 5th November 2011, 07:55 AM   #3
DaveinSpain
Advanced Member

DaveinSpain is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Inserting symbles withing text

Quote:
Hi all,
I have a text frame and I want to insert some custom symbols within the text itself. I tried inserting a small jpg but it does funny things. What is the best way to do it? Thank you for any help, Peter
Hi

By "custom symbols", do you mean ones you have drawn yourself? What do you mean by "funny things"? Perhaps you could post a link to a test site.

If they are mathematical symbols, for example, you could try creating the text in Word or OpenOffice writer then importing it.

Dave
Old 5th November 2011, 08:45 AM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Inserting symbols within text

Quote:
Fixed now.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 5th November 2011, 09:11 AM   #5
Mick
Expert

Mick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hi all,
If you are refering to basic symbols try editing the html frame (Right Click > Edit Story) and from the menu at the top of the editor choose Insert > Symbol > Other and choose from one of the presets, if this isn't what you are refering to, as others have already stated, please explain the "Funny Things"
Old 5th November 2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Archibald
Master

Archibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvanaArchibald has a reputation approching nirvana

Quote:
I tried inserting a small jpg but it does funny things.
Click on the JPG image to select it, then click on the attach-to-text button that appears under the image and from the options select 'inline'.

For more information, see 'Attaching objects to text' in the help documentation.