Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > PhotoPlus

Notices

PhotoPlus Questions about using PhotoPlus for photo editing

Old 31st October 2011, 08:13 PM   #1
lotsofpixs

lotsofpixs is on a distinguished road
Default Save As Error Message

Receive the following error message when trying to do a Save As: File Name followed by "You may not have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission." What does this mean and what/how must I do to be able to save a file where I want? I am the administrator on this PC and trying to save in the administrator's My Documents.

lotsofpixs
Old 1st November 2011, 12:14 PM   #2
awhiting
Advanced Member

awhiting is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: Save As Error Message

Hi there lotsofpixs,

Sorry to hear about the problem you have been experiencing - can I just ask which Operating System (version of Windows) you are running?

Also, I was just wondering if you are trying to save to the My Documents folder of the user you are logged in to the OS as? or if you are trying to save in to the My Documents folder of the user called "Administrator"?
Old 1st November 2011, 04:09 PM   #3
lotsofpixs

Super Whiting

The OS is XP Pro; SP 3
I tried both locations ( My Pictures and Administrator's Pictures) on the C drive plus a random file on an external drive; no joy in each effort.
This is what I was doing prior to selecting the above destinations: After editing a TIF image and selecting Save As, I chose ".tif " rather than " .Spp " in the Save as type box. I did not get the error message after I had edited a JPG image and did the above Save As procedue.

Thanks for your intrest
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Elrast
Serif Europe Limited

Elrast is just really niceElrast is just really nice

When working with TIF images, I would recommend that you choose "Export" rather than "Save As" once you have made adjustments to them.
There is an outstanding issue with the Save As process for this type of file, and I will ensure that it is again brought to the attention of the developers.
Old 2nd November 2011, 06:22 PM   #5
stillgolfing

stillgolfing is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrast View Post
When working with TIF images, I would recommend that you choose "Export" rather than "Save As" once you have made adjustments to them.
There is an outstanding issue with the Save As process for this type of file, and I will ensure that it is again brought to the attention of the developers.
After 5 years I just replaced my old free version of PP 8.0 with the PPX5 paid version. In PP 8.0 with "save" and "save as" the default file type was .Spp, if I tried to change that to another type I got a "use Export for other file types" message. So I assumed this was always a "feature" of that program - hence "save as" was to allow you to change the file name only. Such as: "My wife throwing a frying pan V1,Spp", My Wife throwing a frying pan V2.Spp etc. etc. So it never occurred to me in PPX5 to do anything other than export, if I needed to save a file under one of the many other graphic file extensions.
Cheers, stillgolfing
The other day I ran into one of our local Groucho impersonators. Unfortunately, I was driving and he was crossing the road illegally. Before he died, he spoke to me. However, I couldn't understand him because he was coughing and spitting blood; but, what ever he said, I bet it was hilarious!
- stillgolfing

Last edited by stillgolfing; 2nd November 2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 4th November 2011, 02:04 PM   #6
lotsofpixs

As expected, "Export" works as advertised. Thanks to those that took an interest in my problem..
Lotsofpixs -- (some are keepers)