Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 25th October 2010, 10:19 AM   #21
ccfpcl

ccfpcl is on a distinguished road
Default Access control issue

Hi

The manual for User List access control suggests that you can use a single shared login paradigm if you don't want/need the complexity of handling individual user email logins.

I've tried using this approach for my community website, and there are 2 problems, one serious:

#1 (minor): The software will only accept login names of the format *@*.* This is irritating/confusing for users

#2 (serious): There seems to be no way to suppress the 'reset password' options. With a shared login this means that any user can change the password at will, thus disabling the system for all other users.

Problem #2 renders this approach unusable leaving the only option being per-user email signup, which is a pain.

Any chance of changing at least the second of these in the next release?

Thanks,

Chris Cartwright.
Old 26th October 2010, 04:27 AM   #22
pdgreen

pdgreen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Serif Web Resources (SWR) Product Suggestions

I'd like to see book templates that set gutter margins on facing pages for bound books and magazine without having to manually do it. Various styles for different types of common office bindings (coil, perfect, etc.) would save a lot of grief.
Old 10th November 2010, 03:26 PM   #23
linkassoc

linkassoc is on a distinguished road

Please Serif, when are we going to get the latest version of TinyMCE for editing Blogs and CMS.

It won't cost you 'cos it's free !

It won't take much to implement, 'cos you already have it installed - it's just an upgrade.

Don't you realise how RESTRICTING your cut-down version is ? How much more versatile and appealing to users the latest version would be ? We don't have to wait for a new WebPlus version for this - do we ?

Maybe an answer on this to let us know your reasoning, if you are not going to implement this in the near future !

'The beginning is the most important part of the work' ... Plato
Old 10th November 2010, 04:14 PM   #24
BrianE
Master

BrianE is a jewel in the roughBrianE is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkassoc View Post
Please Serif, when are we going to get the latest version of TinyMCE for editing Blogs and CMS.
I would also like the latest version.
Old 10th November 2010, 04:30 PM   #25
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Tech Support for ALL: Serif Web Resources (SWR)

Hi

I think that Serif should consider providing direct Tech Support to all Serif Web Resources users, regardless of the app used or whether it is the current version.

There are SWR problems that are posted on this user to user forum that just cannot be resolved by another user.
Old 10th November 2010, 04:31 PM   #26
BrianE
Master

BrianE is a jewel in the roughBrianE is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tech Support for ALL: Serif Web Resources (SWR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Hi

I think that Serif should consider providing direct Tech Support to all Serif Web Resources users, regardless of the app used or whether it is the current version.

There are SWR problems that are posted on this user to user forum that just cannot be resolved by another user.
Also agreed!!
Old 10th November 2010, 04:33 PM   #27
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Tech Support for ALL: Serif Web Resources (SWR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmasternapa View Post
Also agreed!!
Most recently a user whose Smart Objects worked reliably for a couple of years suddenly stopped working. WP10, in this instance.

A user who could not get Access Control > Page Security to work in X2. And, NOT a user error.
Old 12th November 2010, 12:44 AM   #28
4d00

4d00 is on a distinguished road

yep booking forms on wpx5 would be good. probs wrong place to post this but hey ho while its fresh in my mind.
Old 22nd November 2010, 02:56 PM   #29
jjabbot

jjabbot is on a distinguished road

Can the web resources software be updated to make it more user friendly for a B and B online booking system!?

We could really do with the ability to book from 12noon to 12noon, (ie so somebody can book to leave on the day another person has booked to arrive). At the moment, if that crossover day is included in a booking enquiry, it simply says we're closed.

Also, it would be very helpful to be able to 'add a booked period' when managing the resource booker ourselves, rather than simply 'add a closed period'. That way we can update the diary when we take a telephone booking, so it shows we are 'booked' not 'closed' when somebody checks our online diary.

thanks!!
Old 1st December 2010, 08:58 PM   #30
TAE

TAE is well on the road to greatness

The Resource booker definitely wants improving. It is a great concept, but needs a bit of work to get it up to a standard where it is easy to use for different types of business. It should also be able to be configured to accept payments - even if it does so through paypal, etc.

Also a count down timer should be added. If some web pages are being redirected in 10 seconds, you should be able to display the time left before it redirects, or the time (days, hours, mins and seconds) before a book launch or event like olympics opening ceremony, etc.
Old 8th January 2011, 12:27 AM   #31
TAE

TAE is well on the road to greatness

This suggestion is about both blogs and RSS:
The blog's RSS feeds would ideally be able to be edited, especially description length
Old 16th January 2011, 08:16 PM   #32
kaydee

kaydee is on a distinguished road

Is about time serif develops new softwares that will do able to run on Linux and our platforms...
Old 16th January 2011, 08:21 PM   #33
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
Is about time serif develops new softwares that will do able to run on Linux and our platforms...
This is not the forum to make a request for Linux support.

Find the Linux thread in the General forum.
Old 16th February 2011, 05:08 PM   #34
bamerson

bamerson is on a distinguished road

More options and functionality with blog design.
For example, the ability to create expandable post summaries on the smart objects blog design.
Old 17th February 2011, 03:47 AM   #35
AlmightyWebDesigns

AlmightyWebDesigns is on a distinguished road

I think it would be a great idea for Serif to offer top notch templates for WebPlus. There are many different options that can be used to offer this. CD similar to template packs 1 and 2, or have a page on your website with thousands of premium templates that customers can purchase one at a time for $20. Not only can Serif make a lot of money like this, but it will fill the only void I believe there is with WebPlus; templates!
Old 17th February 2011, 10:15 AM   #36
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyWebDesigns View Post
I think it would be a great idea for Serif to offer top notch templates for WebPlus. There are many different options that can be used to offer this. CD similar to template packs 1 and 2, or have a page on your website with thousands of premium templates that customers can purchase one at a time for $20. Not only can Serif make a lot of money like this, but it will fill the only void I believe there is with WebPlus; templates!
This is not an SWR issue at all. And Serif already have two packs of templates that you can purchase - if you look around their site, you will find them.

Old 17th February 2011, 10:35 AM   #37
AlmightyWebDesigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
This is not an SWR issue at all. And Serif already have two packs of templates that you can purchase - if you look around their site, you will find them.
I realize this isn't a resource product suggestion, but it is still a product suggestion. I also mentioned the two template packs in my reply. I said it can be done like template packs one and two. I have them both, but you are still limited as far as templates. Search the reviews regarding the WebPlus software on the internet. The only downfall mentioned is the amount and style of templates. Both of those template packs only have about 40. If you use the software as much as me, that's not going to last very long. The templates could be sold the same way www.templatemonster.com sells them. Check it out.
Old 17th February 2011, 10:42 AM   #38
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The templates could be sold the same way www.templatemonster.com sells them. Check it out.
http://www.serif.com/Templates/

Currenty selling templates etc for PagePlus but perhaps they will include them for WebPlus.
Old 17th February 2011, 10:47 AM   #39
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
I realize this isn't a resource product suggestion, but it is still a product suggestion. I also mentioned the two template packs in my reply. I said it can be done like template packs one and two. I have them both, but you are still limited as far as templates. Search the reviews regarding the WebPlus software on the internet. The only downfall mentioned is the amount and style of templates. Both of those template packs only have about 40. If you use the software as much as me, that's not going to last very long. The templates could be sold the same way www.templatemonster.com sells them. Check it out.
But it has NOTHING TO DO with Serif Web Resources whatsoever!!! SWR are add-ons such as web counters, blogs, forums, password protection, etc., for websites. It's the wrong place to post the request - that's my point.

Old 17th February 2011, 10:47 AM   #40
AlmightyWebDesigns

Thumbs up Re: Serif Web Resources (SWR) Product Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
http://www.serif.com/Templates/

Currenty selling templates etc for PagePlus but perhaps they will include them for WebPlus.
Exactly, you have the right idea. It would generate a lot of money for Serif and offer a lot of template resources for the WebPlus software.