Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 8th October 2012, 07:24 PM   #41
Sparks

Sparks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #3

Given the amount of effort that can go into setting up WP to look and feel exactly the way you want it (toolbars, colour schemes/gradations, dictionaries, assets etc), it would be great if these settings could be copied somehow to another machine (say, laptop).

I was thinking along the lines of an Export/Import kind of thing. This would also be a good way to backup all your preferences and settings.
Old 11th October 2012, 10:24 PM   #42
JohnD62

JohnD62 is on a distinguished road

I admit I have not gone through all entries in lists #1, #2 & #3 so if its been requested before, sorry! PLEASE could X7 include greater functionality on access controls, specifically:
  1. Link of navigation to access control so that pages for which you do not have authority are not presented in the navigation
  2. Redirect on logout to a selected page (similar to the redirect on login)
  3. Ability to reference login details to personalise content using name and/or authority details.
I'm not holding my breath!
Old 14th October 2012, 02:45 AM   #43
carthorse

carthorse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by richosr View Post
Stop the 'Deleting Old Files' message and process when there are no files to delete as you have not selected 'Delete Old Files'

Even when publishing only one page, it still sits there for hours with the 'Deleting old files' message after successfully uploading the page, so frustrating!

Steve
This is a problem that Serif should sort as a patch for WebplusX6 - we shouldn't have to keep paying out for new versions just because they can't get the existing versions right
Old 14th October 2012, 08:08 AM   #44
PeterPanino

PeterPanino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgh56 View Post
One small thing I would like to see: On the "Upload to server" box there is a "Save Password:" check box, next to it I would like to see a "Show Password" check box. Some of my other programs have the "Show" box and it really comes in handy when I can't find or don't remember the password.
I would NOT like to see such a "feature". So when maybe an other person starts WebPlus, it would reveal my FTP password to them! I would rather suggest that Serif better obfuscates the password by not showing the real number of password characters. There are several "password revealer" programs which just change the PasswordChar property of any password edit controls, so that the password in such a control is displayed in plain text. I want Serif to better protect my password!
Old 14th October 2012, 04:18 PM   #45
widge292

widge292 is on a distinguished road

A product inventory would be priceless. I know you can do itto an extent with paypal butthiswouldbe godsend within webplus.
Pete
Old 14th October 2012, 09:41 PM   #46
steppas

steppas is on a distinguished road

1. A better CMS system that gives clients the ability to add their own products (eCommerce) and blogs.
2. I second a better audio system.
3. The ability to add better background images like website x5 evolution 9 ( I mention their name because I think webplus is much better.)
Old 15th October 2012, 10:08 AM   #47
joe007

joe007 is on a distinguished road

Dear Santa,

On the ecommerce:
1. The ability to offer discounts to the customer. i.e. if they buy more than one product then the price can be reduced.
2. The ability to upload a file via ecommerce form.

P.S. (Milk, cookie and carrot will be on the table)

Last edited by joe007; 15th October 2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 15th October 2012, 02:07 PM   #48
kitccw2008

kitccw2008 is on a distinguished road

When are Serif going to allow their WebPlus program to export/publish in html5?

For example Bing allows me to check for html errors listing numerous that are inherent to html4.xx. Bing suggest the best course of reconciling the errors is to republish the website in html5.

Bing do have an online 'fix tool' which automatically edits the html 4.xx code to correct the errors but this would mean using this tool every time I do an update to my website.

So come on Serif allow us to publish in html5 please.
Old 16th October 2012, 06:21 AM   #49
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitccw2008 View Post

When are Serif going to allow their WebPlus program to export/publish in html5?

For example Bing allows me to check for html errors listing numerous that are inherent to html4.xx. Bing suggest the best course of reconciling the errors is to republish the website in html5.

Bing do have an online 'fix tool' which automatically edits the html 4.xx code to correct the errors but this would mean using this tool every time I do an update to my website.

So come on Serif allow us to publish in html5 please.
HTML5 output from WP will probably be considered once HTML5 is out of 'beta' and works on all browser platforms. Serif are quite right to wait until that day comes.

Old 18th October 2012, 10:16 AM   #50
mmish

mmish is on a distinguished road

An automated way to have a rollover with sound (without having to do code)
Nav bar with option of sound when clicking on a menu item
Flash with hyperlink(?)
Customizeable and interactive pie charts and graphs

Thank You!!
Old 19th October 2012, 03:07 AM   #51
mmish

mmish is on a distinguished road

Please re-introduce the ability to fade from one page to another when selecting pages from the menu.
Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 03:11 AM   #52
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmish View Post
Please re-introduce the ability to fade from one page to another when selecting pages from the menu.
Thanks
I suspect that request should be made to Microsoft as that feature is not in current IE browser, I understand. And,the page transition only worked in IE, not in other browsers.
Old 19th October 2012, 10:12 AM   #53
KCR

KCR is on a distinguished road

I started with x4, 3 yrs ago moved on to x5 and x6 when it was launched. It's getting better all the time but I'm still not sure I like the Assets side of x6 or that it's still clunky. For x7 it would be good to;
Have a proper e-commerce database capability
Import Site Structure from existing sites
Copy over Master and other pages to new sites
Ability to promote to a Master page items added to a page
Faster startup and Save times
Show page names only in Site Structure View to make large sites fit the window
Extend Site Manager to include SEO and structure analysis, and
link this to simplifying Page Properties and getting Indexing etc really sorted.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:41 PM   #54
kaz1304

kaz1304 is on a distinguished road

1) Bigger slide shows where you can add more than 4 or 5 pictures
2) More flash galleries that can be dragged into place rather than using the HTML or ftp for us less techies
Old 26th October 2012, 12:45 PM   #55
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1304 View Post
1) Bigger slide shows where you can add more than 4 or 5 pictures
2) More flash galleries that can be dragged into place rather than using the HTML or ftp for us less techies
Kaz

You can have as many photos you want in the following slideshows in X6:

Flash gallery
Javascript photo gallery
Sliders (add panels)
hyperlink Lightbox slideshow
Old 26th October 2012, 12:48 PM   #56
kaz1304

Kaz

Flash gallery
Javascript photo gallery
Sliders (add panels)

yes but lightbox opens in seperate page/box and the others show thumbnails i am looking for auto play slideshows that change pic without any manual intervention or anyone being able to see the pics that will change too
adding panels to slider once over 5 pictures it will not change automatically or wont for me anyway

think that makes sense lol
Old 26th October 2012, 12:59 PM   #57
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Kaz

Flash gallery
Javascript photo gallery
Sliders (add panels)

yes but lightbox opens in seperate page/box and the others show thumbnails i am looking for auto play slideshows that change pic without any manual intervention or anyone being able to see the pics that will change too
adding panels to slider once over 5 pictures it will not change automatically or wont for me anyway

think that makes sense lol

One of the javascript photo galleries does this and so do the sliders, depending on which of the 30 you select to use and how you set it up.
Old 26th October 2012, 01:57 PM   #58
kaz1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
One of the javascript photo galleries does this and so do the sliders, depending on which of the 30 you select to use and how you set it up.
ive tried most of the sliders spent nearly a week testing them all and although put them in auto they wont work when put more than 3 or 4 pics in cant even get them to move manually
Old 26th October 2012, 02:17 PM   #59
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
ive tried most of the sliders spent nearly a week testing them all and although put them in auto they wont work when put more than 3 or 4 pics in cant even get them to move manually

Then you are doing something wrong - many others are using sliders without issue. Please start a new thread asking for help with this issue. If possible, include a link to your website or a copy of the .wpp file that illustrates the problem.

Old 30th October 2012, 10:20 AM   #60
bnnorman

bnnorman is on a distinguished road

Add Target Window to Hyperlink manager- makes it easier to check which Targets are Same/New windows etc when checking pupils work instead of having to click on every hyperlink (in hyperlink manager) to find out.