Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 18th September 2012, 08:28 PM   #21
DTPhoto

DTPhoto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CraftArtist 3 Wishlist

Quote:
Support for monitor profiles.
+1
Old 18th September 2012, 10:22 PM   #22
ggrussell
Expert

ggrussell is a jewel in the roughggrussell is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlusDesign View Post
This is only about getting accurate and consistent color on your monitors.
That is what calibration is for and nothing to do with any Windows application.
Old 19th September 2012, 05:14 AM   #23
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

There is no sense in expecting a color calibrated monitor to solve any over saturation issues. To be truly a color managed system, one needs the monitor calibrated to...? A printer able to be calibrated whether that is a local printer and or a service bureau's printing system. Ideally the printer profiles (as in plural profiles) are also calibrated to specific types of paper one routinely uses.

And a monitor calibration is simply a viewing issue. It does nothing to aid in the printing process. So here's another request for you to add for those desiring Serif applications to be truly color managed:

They need (as in them all) to be able to display out of gamut color warnings.

Or, you can do what I do with Serif applications. Use Adobe Acrobat for a final check for out of gamut and density issues. I rarely get it wrong at the design stage, but am thankful when Acrobat shows issues I need to rectify.

Please note that I do support your request for color management.

Best regards, Mike
Old 19th September 2012, 06:37 AM   #24
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

This long-winded exchange about colour profiles really needs moving out of the wishlist and into its own thread.

Old 19th September 2012, 11:00 PM   #25
Camsmith

Camsmith is on a distinguished road

Key board shortcuts to enlarge brushes or make them smaller
Old 12th October 2012, 12:57 AM   #26
ggrussell
Expert

.DXF export for cutter software or better support for cutter output
Old 17th October 2012, 12:23 PM   #27
calp

calp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CraftArtist Wishlist

would be good for craft artist 3 to use GSD files as well as SVG/PDF ? for import and export!
Old 21st December 2012, 03:15 PM   #28
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

I wish craft artist didn't open with a splash page for logging into or joining daisy trail forum. I am a member of the daisy trail forum , so don't need to join every time I turn CA2 on but I also don't want to log into DaisyTrail forum every time I open CA2
Old 21st December 2012, 04:49 PM   #29
ggrussell
Expert

Ditto! Very annoying. There is a place in Tools/Options/Upload for user DaisyTrail info. If that info is there, this dialog should go away. Or perhaps a 'I don't want to see this again' check box.
Old 21st December 2012, 11:48 PM   #30
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Tritto! I can make the dialog go away by pressing the 'Join Later' button, but that doesn't feel right when I've already joined.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 18th January 2013, 08:50 AM   #31
Meg

Some way of finding NEW items added to CA2. I just bought the 60 alphabets offer, and downloaded it. All installed fine and I restarted my computer to look though my new acquisitions. I have a lot of Digikits installed already, so to see my new alphabets, I had to scroll down all the installed alphabets to check out the new ones. With a new digikit installed, you just have to go to the name, but with new items like these alphabets, I had to look through the whole list to find them. Still not sure if I found them all.

There is a list on the right hand side where you can look for "animals" or "cartoons", etc. Could a new category be added there of "new" items?

BTW, really pleased with the new alphabets - great buy!
Old 18th January 2013, 02:07 PM   #32
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I have a lot of Digikits installed already, so to see my new alphabets, I had to scroll down all the installed alphabets to check out the new ones.
It might be easier to find them if you rename them.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 12th March 2013, 07:30 PM   #33
jag13_uk

jag13_uk is on a distinguished road
Smile New options categories

Hi
I'm new and was wondering whether or not other members might like to have the option of creating new categories and sub-categories in Craft Artist 2 Professional.This is the lefthand menu: EMBELLISHMENTS,BACKGROUND, MATERIAL, etc.

I am gradually making up my own digikits - I have loads of what I would list as CHARACTERS. Unfortunately, as things stand at the moment I have to put them all into Embellishments, which they are not.

I am a CD crafter and am slowly making Digikits of the items I want, as I have more possibilities with CA2 over the original CD's. I really enjoy using CA2...

If there are any other members interested in this idea, please make it known and maybe we can get an up-date.

Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 07:44 PM   #34
Meg

What do you mean by characters? Are they letters, like A, B, C? Or are they people type characters, like a coal man, a pilot, an engineer, etc? Or maybe they are something else again?
Old 12th March 2013, 08:36 PM   #35
jag13_uk

Hi Meg
Sorry I didn't make it clear. I mean teddy bears, hedgehogs, mice, fairies etc. I guess these could also be called card toppers. But I would like sub categories like borders, etc. I don't like all of the items on my CD's but I would like to be able to classify them other than backgrounds, materials, frames etc. And I don.t consider them to all be embellishments.
Old 12th March 2013, 10:03 PM   #36
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag13_uk View Post
Hi Meg
Sorry I didn't make it clear. I mean teddy bears, hedgehogs, mice, fairies etc. I guess these could also be called card toppers. But I would like sub categories like borders, etc. I don't like all of the items on my CD's but I would like to be able to classify them other than backgrounds, materials, frames etc. And I don.t consider them to all be embellishments.
I don't do an awful lot of crafting, although i have CA2 and enjoy using it. But I am not sure why there is any difference between embellishments (as attached) and your proposed new category of "characters"?

Last edited by Meg; 15th September 2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 14th March 2013, 05:40 PM   #37
jag13_uk

The items you showed that you call embellishments I agree with. I am talking about characters like Blue Nose Bears etc. They are drawn to stand alone. In Serif I can manipulate them to A4 and smaller. I don't consider them to be embellishments, although they can be made small enough...I tend to use them as the main character for the card I am making.

My point was not so much as Serif making a file called characters, but adding a feature to the CA2 program, allowing users to create folders and name them as they see fit. i.e. such as having a sub-cat in backgrounds possibly being borders. It would add convenience to creating ones own digikits.
Old 14th March 2013, 08:50 PM   #38
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag13_uk View Post
The items you showed that you call embellishments I agree with. I am talking about characters like Blue Nose Bears etc. They are drawn to stand alone. In Serif I can manipulate them to A4 and smaller. I don't consider them to be embellishments, although they can be made small enough...I tend to use them as the main character for the card I am making.

My point was not so much as Serif making a file called characters, but adding a feature to the CA2 program, allowing users to create folders and name them as they see fit. i.e. such as having a sub-cat in backgrounds possibly being borders. It would add convenience to creating ones own digikits.
Ah, I think I get you. These characters would be main or primary items that need to have a better level of resolution because they will be the only or main item on a card for instance; whereas an embellishment is often much smaller, may not be of good enough resolution to stand alone and may possibly not have enough detail for that.

Yes, I see a considerable difference there and I would also like to vote for additional folders that I could use to create items of my own.
Old 14th March 2013, 11:38 PM   #39
jag13_uk

Yes, the characters I am talking about, as you said, do require a higher resolution than small embellishments. At present I more often than not, import as photographs which makes it a longer process and of course, is not saved to a digikit, but I am glad that you too would also like to have the option of creating additional folders under the names you wish.

Thank you
Old 21st April 2013, 03:10 PM   #40
KPLewis

KPLewis is a jewel in the roughKPLewis is a jewel in the rough

There is currently a thread on DaisyTrail in which the OP would like to have the ability to have information about the individual embellishments, background, frames, etc. tabs show up as tooltips - in the same way that occurs if you hover over a photograph in the Photo Tab. She has asked me if I'll post the wishlist request here.

Many of us would really appreciate such a facility. When making pages with CA it is probably quite rare for just one particular digikit to be used. We'll have taken a few embellishments from here, and some materials from there, frames possibly from somewhere else, etc.

When it comes to remembering where you got things from, unless you are very organised and have made notes as you go along, it can be almost impossible to do, which can be a real nuisance if you want to credit the kits you have used, which I like to do, or if someone wants to know what you used.

I start off jotting down kits I select, but then I'll often change my mind and select soemthing else, but once in the swing of things I end up forgetting about notes. I've somewhere close to a thousand digikits to play with now - so you can imagine how difficult it can be to scroll through them all and hope my memory gets jogged.

Is it possible to have the ability to hover over an embellishment, for example, (or any of the other categories) and the digikit name it is associated with come up?