Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > MediaPlus

Notices

MediaPlus Media & Photo Management Software

Old 16th April 2008, 04:54 PM   #1
S. J. Farthing
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Web page creation in Media Plus

I would like to pass on my appreciation of Media Plus. I particularly like the facility to create web pages but would like to make a suggestion for any possible new version. My only criticism is that when you resize thumbnails for a web page it doesn't really change the thumbnails JPG files themselves, it just rescales them in the web page using image size parameters. I would like to see the thumbail image files generated to suit the size, and furthermore, allow JPG quality to be specified for these. (Often a JPG file size can be just as small with a larger picture with reduced quality than a small one at max quality). To avoid unnecessary prompts to the user, thumbnail quality could be set globally in some sort of Options/Preferences dialog.

All the functionality to do this is already present in Media Plus for the batch processing. In fact I can work around the problem by using the batch processing to create my own thumbnails and just replace the automatically generated ones.

Old 18th February 2009, 11:31 AM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Web page creation in Media Plus

SJ

This is a similar issue with WebPlus. We resize our images before inserting them into WP.