Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > DrawPlus

Notices

DrawPlus Questions about using DrawPlus for vector graphics design

Old 7th April 2011, 05:04 PM   #21
busterkeaton

busterkeaton is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Update announcement (11.0.3)

Yeah! i thought...

But after installing the german update patch....

still no userdefined shortcuts possible!
The three buttons are still not to be seen

i am not amused....
Old 7th April 2011, 06:50 PM   #22
Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Limited

Patrick Connor has a brilliant futurePatrick Connor has a brilliant futurePatrick Connor has a brilliant futurePatrick Connor has a brilliant future

Sorry this issue seems to have been missed by the translation team. I will talk to them tomorrow.
Old 7th April 2011, 10:09 PM   #23
SaphyConcept

SaphyConcept is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Yeah! i thought...

But after installing the german update patch....
You're lucky.. coz in my case we don't have yet the update for French version.

I will waiting as Elrast adviced me.
Old 26th April 2011, 10:10 AM   #24
SaphyConcept

Still no french patch available at MicroApplication...

When exactly the patch for the French version will be available ??
Old 26th April 2011, 11:03 AM   #25
busterkeaton

busterkeaton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphyConcept View Post
You're lucky.. coz in my case we don't have yet the update for French version.

I will waiting as Elrast adviced me.
How should i be lucky installing a patch update, that doesn't fix this big "no shortcuts bug" in the german version? Defining own shortcuts is an essential thing in a software for a good, relaxed and fast workflow, you will agree, i think?

I asked serif if i could send my german version back for an english. I can, but i have to purchase it.

The other bug, that is bothering me is, when i make a rectangle and type e. g. 500 px width or height in the transform field and hit enter, the result is 499,99 px! When i type it again and hit enter, it shows the correct value! I admit, 0,01 px difference is little, but the thing is, the feeling is bad, to have a software you can't 100 percent rely on, you have always to convince, if the software does, what you want. I posted this already.
Old 26th April 2011, 08:25 PM   #26
SaphyConcept

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
How should i be lucky installing a patch update
Because you have already the update rather me...

And yes i agree shortcuts is really a primary thing in a software for more productivity
Old 5th May 2011, 10:07 AM   #27
SaphyConcept

Any news where download a French patch of DrawPlus X4 ? Since Microapplication seems not release it?

Please, tell me where....
Old 5th May 2011, 01:41 PM   #28
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphyConcept View Post
Any news where download a French patch of DrawPlus X4 ? Since Microapplication seems not release it?

Please, tell me where....
The French patch is in production at moment but there is no definite release date yet, I'm afraid. Microapplication will release the patch once it's been produced, tested and provided to them by us.
Old 6th May 2011, 07:58 AM   #29
stargazey
Advanced Member

stargazey is on a distinguished road

... and are you ever going to fix the "Erase Touch-up Tool" in the "Cutout Studio". (There was a previous thread about this ages ago.)
I really don't want to have pay to upgrade to the next version of DP just in the hope that a bug in this version will be fixed in the next one! - It should be patched!
Old 6th May 2011, 09:22 AM   #30
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazey View Post
... and are you ever going to fix the "Erase Touch-up Tool" in the "Cutout Studio". (There was a previous thread about this ages ago.)
I really don't want to have pay to upgrade to the next version of DP just in the hope that a bug in this version will be fixed in the next one! - It should be patched!
This has been fixed in development and will be included for the future X5 upgrade. Unfortunately it wasn't available for the 11.0.3 update.

In X4 you can work around this by zooming or resizing the window very slightly after using the erase touch-up tool. It's not ideal, I know, but it does help.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:37 AM   #31
stargazey
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah W View Post
This has been fixed in development and will be included for the future X5 upgrade. Unfortunately it wasn't available for the 11.0.3 update.

In X4 you can work around this by zooming or resizing the window very slightly after using the erase touch-up tool. It's not ideal, I know, but it does help.
Thanks for that. But as I said, it does gall me that I'm going to have to pay for the next version in order to solve a bug in a previous version!

It's a BUG, it should be fixed!
Old 12th May 2011, 02:52 AM   #32
copprtop99

copprtop99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazey View Post
Thanks for that. But as I said, it does gall me that I'm going to have to pay for the next version in order to solve a bug in a previous version!

It's a BUG, it should be fixed!
Amen, bug fixes should always be fixed in the version it is found. As a 20+ year software developer and manager, this has never been a question of doing it the right way for your customers. New versions should come from a stable bug-free release with new features and/or refinements.
Old 12th May 2011, 01:27 PM   #33
stargazey
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Yay! I'm glad we've got a few of the problems raised here fixed!
Pity there are so many that only a few can be fixed!
Old 12th May 2011, 01:30 PM   #34
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by copprtop99 View Post
Amen, bug fixes should always be fixed in the version it is found. As a 20+ year software developer and manager, this has never been a question of doing it the right way for your customers. New versions should come from a stable bug-free release with new features and/or refinements.

Sorry. But this quote is grossly inaccurate.

I'm leaving aside the issue of what/when Serif can/should fix bugs and roll them into patches or releases.

There has never been a perfectly written piece of software (i.e., one that is bug-free). I too have done a bit of software development. From shareware to vertical market applications since 1989.

Whether it is my or another's end-user software code, the IDE, the SVN, even the development operating system, there are bugs that never, ever get fixed or are deemed not important enough to expend "now" time to fix.

Look, we are hashing this stuff out using various browsers. Those too have bugs that are not fixed before the next update that rolls out the door. And we are writing using a forum software that has bugs--ask anyone who has implemented this or another forum software. And we are using this browser within various operating systems that have bugs.

Let alone the hardware running the above--I can assure you that there are problems in the assembly code hanging the various bits together on the motherboard, as well as the bits themselves (like your BIOS, CPU, etc.).

Even with the resources of Microsoft, Phoenix, Intel, they cannot ferret out and squash all the bugs. Now, take a smaller company with far less resources (man-hours and dollars) than those notable companies and one will never see a perfect piece of software before a new version is rolled out.

Personally, and this is my opinion, companies like Serif are doing a tremendous job in limiting released new bugs and squashing existing ones. That "my" bug may not be fixed according to my schedule is moot. They are doing a pretty dang good job with the resources at hand.

Best regards, Mike
Old 12th May 2011, 02:50 PM   #35
copprtop99

copprtop99 is on a distinguished road

"Bug free" is like quality, your customer will tell you if it is bug free or of quality. Bug-free is having features work as advertised. Some bugs are minor, some are not. If a bug makes a feature unusable then it should be fixed in the current version.

So, I agree with your generalized statement, I didn't define bug-free. But if a feature does not work, then one should not have to pay to get a fixed feature that was one of the reasons you bought it.

I believe you you also missed the point that this discussion has nothing to do with web browsers, it is about stand alone software that delivers a piece of work or art to be used in another final piece of media. So, your argument is flawed on that point.

See, I didn't use a general statement of damnation to disagree with you.

:-)
Old 13th May 2011, 03:09 PM   #36
SaphyConcept

Angry Re: Update announcement (11.0.3)

Quote:
The French patch is in production at moment but there is no definite release date yet, I'm afraid. Microapplication will release the patch once it's been produced, tested and provided to them by us.
Wait... Did you realize we French people are very stuck with a DrawPlus X4 really buggued? We want the patch very soon and quickly if possible, either.. the next time i will not buy DrawPlus X5 because it seems you (not really you, but Serif) take don't care about French Serif's products users..

It will be near from 1/2 months since the English patch was released.

And for the bug in the cutout studio, i'm not OK, it's also a bug then, a bug must be fixed in the same version as the program was.

Im' not very happy about Serif this time.

My software is not used as a "normal work" but for a professional work, and, i WANT the french bug-patch quickly.

Thanks for comprehension.

Old 20th May 2011, 04:37 PM   #37
SaphyConcept

Well, WHEN we can having access to the French Update of DrawPlus X4 ?

It is so boring to waiting... Please give me a possible date
Old 24th May 2011, 06:08 PM   #38
POC

POC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This has been fixed in development and will be included for the future X5 upgrade....In X4 you can work around this [...] It's not ideal, I know
Hello.

I don't want to be unduly critical, especially being new to these forums, and as I've only just received this software, and at a terrific upgrade price, but I was quite taken aback by your reply. I was sitting here, just mulling it over for a moment, trying to work out whether there was anything reasonable about it. I'm really not trying to be rude to you, honestly, but what you say is, well, just, sorry to say it, unfair and wrong. If a bug such as has been described above has been logged, and acknowledged, Serif surely has a duty to fix it before delivery a major version upgrade. It is unreasonable to expect people to pay for bug fixes. For improved features, yes. I have to confess at being a little shocked by this response.
Old 24th May 2011, 06:21 PM   #39
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

It's been a year since X4 was released. The patch in this thread was recently released.

I would bet that there isn't time between now and the release of X5 to divert energy and resources to build a new patch. This is not an unheard of scenario in the software world.

Take care, Mike
Old 24th May 2011, 06:23 PM   #40
SaphyConcept

And So.. When.....
WHEN THE UPDATE COME UP IN FRENCH VERSION OF THE DRAWPLUS X4 PROGRAM?