Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > MediaPlus

Notices

MediaPlus Media & Photo Management Software

Old 23rd July 2010, 01:31 PM   #1
robert01green

robert01green is on a distinguished road
Default What is the best support software? Please provide links to good support software

What is the best support software? Please provide links to good support software
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:35 PM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: What is the best support software? Please provide links to good support software

Hiya Robert

Welcome to the Serif forums.

Support software for what purpose and how does your question relate to MediaPlus?
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Jim B.
Master

Jim B. will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What is the best support software? Please provide links to good support software

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Hiya Robert

Welcome to the Serif forums.

Support software for what purpose and how does your question relate to MediaPlus?
robert01green is a junk post spammer. The same pointless post by the same user name is in other forums.

Picture taking. It's a snap!

Good photography. It's complicated.

Last edited by Jim B.; 23rd July 2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 24th July 2010, 03:10 PM   #4
DaveZastudil478

DaveZastudil478 is on a distinguished road

It all depends upon what functionality you need from the support software. A small, static company may be best served by something that is cheap and simple, while a large or growing company will need a system that is extensible.

The first step is to get a list of help desk systems that have the basic functionality you need and I found [url=tut, tut - spamvertising, too[/url] to be a great resource for this.

The second is to put together an RFP and review vendors to make sure that they can actually implement the support processes you need. I wrote an article on this topic that you can find here: [url=tut, tut... spamvertising [/url]

The third is to negotiate with your chosen vendors to get the best possible price and to minimize your risk if there are any problems.

Last edited by mjh; 24th July 2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spamvertising
Old 24th July 2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold

Yep, spamvertisements!!

Lon "naughty, naughty!" in California
Old 24th July 2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon in California View Post
Yep, spamvertisements!!

It's a double-act!

Old 24th July 2010, 09:56 PM   #7
pmcleod

pmcleod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon in California View Post
Yep, spamvertisements!!

I'm puzzled by the purpose of this spam? there is no name or link mentioned, anybody know?

Webplus help and info, courtesy of mjh and others for the content www.foxhillers.com/webplus/
Old 24th July 2010, 09:58 PM   #8
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcleod View Post
I'm puzzled by the purpose of this spam? there is no name or link mentioned, anybody know?
The links were removed by a mod.

Old 25th July 2010, 04:19 AM   #9
pmcleod

pmcleod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Thanks Ali, now why did I not think of that?

Webplus help and info, courtesy of mjh and others for the content www.foxhillers.com/webplus/
Old 26th August 2010, 10:23 AM   #10
Linkinph

Linkinph is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post

I strongly agree with u!!!