Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 25th April 2010, 02:22 PM   #1
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Serif Web Resources (SWR) Product Suggestions

Please add your product suggestions for Serif Web Resources to this thread.

- WebPlus smart objects
- PagePlus forms
- webplus.net hosting
Old 25th April 2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Serif Web Resources (SWR) Product Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Please add your product suggestions for Serif Web Resources to this thread.

- WebPlus smart objects
- PagePlus forms
- webplus.net hosting
Hopefully this will be made into a sticky thread, otherwise it may soon get lost ...

Old 25th April 2010, 10:44 PM   #3
Andrew N

Andrew N is on a distinguished road

I have created a blog on an association site. Certain staff have/will be given permission to post articles on the blog. I have created a web access control with a "blog group" and have added certain users to that group, granting them rights to post.

OK - so everything works fine. However, I notice that when users are creating new posts, they are presented below the body text, a drop down box to identify the poster (or modifier) of the article. Shown in that list are all the authorized users. Ostensibly, a staff member can log in to the site, add an article, and attribute it to another user. The post then appears with a heading "posted by userX" where userX is the name selected from the drop down.

While my association staff are responsible individuals, this could be misused intentionally or accidentally.

It would make more sense if the attributiuon came from the login credentials - not from the drop down which can be changed by the poster.

Any thoughts from the Serif developers? Can this be changed?

Of course, I suppose I might be doing something wrong, but if so, can you suggest the fix.

The blog page (still under development) is :

http://medianeighbours.com/Develop/NMBA/page9.html

Many thanks for your insights,
Andrew
Old 26th April 2010, 01:46 PM   #4
M@tto

M@tto is on a distinguished road

This is probably completely barmy idea but is it possible to add for example
1 /a limited set of CAD tools for DrawPlus
2/ additional libraries of flash objects or other resouces difficult for non-techies to create to complement different products
3/ a set of Project Management tools for PagePlus & DrawPlus to share?

People interested in these extra areas pay a small supplement to access them on line or download into the appropriate app.
Old 26th April 2010, 05:57 PM   #5
Tom.
Guru

Tom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to beholdTom. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@tto View Post
This is probably completely barmy idea but is it possible to add for example
1 /a limited set of CAD tools for DrawPlus
2/ additional libraries of flash objects or other resouces difficult for non-techies to create to complement different products
3/ a set of Project Management tools for PagePlus & DrawPlus to share?

People interested in these extra areas pay a small supplement to access them on line or download into the appropriate app.
Doesn't sound too barmy to me.

Much like the idea of paying for a non-branded SWR for smart objects/forms etc.
Old 27th April 2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Neuling16

Neuling16 is on a distinguished road

Hi, does anyone know if it is somehoh possible to update the TinyMCE script? Its the text editor used in the smart objects Blog and CMS and I found out that there is a newer version out there and it is much ritcher than the one used in the smart objects currently, especially the image uploading has grreatly improved. Would be really awesome if there was a way finally to do that and if Serif itself would upgrade this feature. Thanks for replying.
Old 27th April 2010, 08:32 PM   #7
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
I used serif draw plus 7 for my laser marking/cutting machine and I am now thinking of upgrading. Which is the best to use for a laser machine? the drawplus 8 or the drawplus x3. The x3 seems more for the use of posters rather than designing for the laser.
I appreciate your help
regards
Anthony Pace
Please post in the DrawPlus thread - this one is about Serif Web Resources.

Old 28th April 2010, 05:07 PM   #8
Dond
Expert

Dond is well on the road to greatness

Hi

ref Access control user list

When we have to delete/ban/suspend a user the drop down box only gives us the email address(username). What I suggest is to have a list of usernames & nick names as it could be only by the users nick name that you know them and to try to marry up their email address is imposable.

I have found this week that there is a list like this generated (see Andrew N above) when your logged into a blog on a web page and posting a blog you can choose the poster from this drop down list, which Andrew has pointed out could be miss used and when logged into the blog your logged in name should be used.

See this thread on Andrew's blog problem

Last edited by Dond; 28th April 2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 9th May 2010, 01:19 AM   #9
notdodgy
Advanced Member

notdodgy is on a distinguished road

Content Area with embedded editor

This is something like the news object except that there would also be a discrete "edit this item" icon on the page.

Clicking this icon would allow users to enter username/password and directly edit that item in a WYSIWYG editor.

This would be simpler for an end user to manage rather than having to log in to SWR then selecting and managing the correct object.

It would be useful to be able to define a separate username and password for each object.
Access would be by this username/password as well as the SWR account.

It would also be useful to be able to upload images to include edited content pages.
Old 9th May 2010, 10:15 AM   #10
Griff

Location: A very small and beautiful island somewhere east of the Atlantic...
Griff is on a distinguished road

Hello,

A simple one here.

Would it please be possible to make ALL the windows resizeable when 'managing' SWR through WPX2 and WPX4...

I use a lot of resources, and it's sometimes like trying to admire someone's hallway through their letterbox...

The same goes for a few settings and config windows, some are resizeable and some are not.

Thanks

Griff
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:38 AM   #11
ConnectToYourPotential

ConnectToYourPotential is on a distinguished road

Hi
1) I'd like to be able to resize the WPX4 Blog window so that it fills the available area in my screen.
2) I'd like to be able to categorise blog articles so thay are not only archived by month but also by subject
3) I'd like to be able to change the date that a blog post was submitted so that I can submit older articles (from an old wordpress blog) and make the site look more mature.

I'm new to Serif so may be I can do some of this already - I 've not found out how....

Help gratefully received, thanks, Andy
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:22 PM   #12
ConnectToYourPotential

ConnectToYourPotential is on a distinguished road

I'm answering my own question here.... in as much as i have tried out other blog style sheets and found one that fits my page and style... plus once I add a blog post the edit function does allow me to go back in and change the date which then creates the appropriate archive... Not found anything for categories thoigh, so this is a X5 request
Old 5th August 2010, 08:34 AM   #13
Echo

Echo is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Serif Web Resources (SWR) Product Suggestions

Webplus X4 Blog

This blog should have a function where blog entries are archived after a certain amount of new post are posted at teh users specification and the option to display a number of blog topics (5 or 10) for example to a page.

Please do this Serif!
Old 5th August 2010, 05:33 PM   #14
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Blog

Hi

Please add the video filetypes allowed for use in the Blog. FLVs don't seem to work but *.swfs do work and display properly.

I have not been able to access the Smart Objects Library HELP files or the HELP on the Manage Blog wizard.

See this thread, please.

http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=51005
Thanks
Old 6th August 2010, 01:28 PM   #15
rbw111

rbw111 is on a distinguished road

1. Ability to set up rates by day of the week. For example: Sunday - Thursday $100/night Friday-Saturday $150/night
2. Ability to set up minimum day booking. For example: If booking a room on a weekend there is a 2 night minimum or holidays there is a 3 night minimum.
3. Screen to display a drop down box to select a unit, enter a date and period and have the calendar show availability on 1 screen then a button if you want to book it. When listing multiple units on a page and a book button beside each one the page gets long.
4. It would be a nice feature to just allow the user to request a date and list the units available for those dates, instead of having to do that operation for each unit.
5. Provide a method for the management to switch a booking to another unit instead of having to delete and reenter the booking. An if you have emails turned on for the customer they shouldn't receive maintenance emails.
6. Provide management the option to append to the automated emails for confirmations, rejects or deletions.
The management might want to explain the reason for rejection or add something to the confirmation email. Otherwise my client will be setting additional emails just to explain your automated emails.
Old 11th August 2010, 09:05 PM   #16
cwnelson

cwnelson is on a distinguished road

It seems that I keep going to the wrong thread to post this - my deep apologies! I think this is the correct location for my question/suggestion/request.

I've searched the forum for a solution to this problem, but can't seem to see if one is there - perhaps someone can shed some light...???

I'm using WebPlus X4 Form Wizard to set up a registraton form for people using/purchasing my product, but the resulting email coming through from the user has the exact same "From" and "Subject" lines for each email. I'm anticipating hundreds of emails and would like to be able to look at either the subject or sender and identify it as unique from others without having to open every single email.

Is there a way of having some of the information from the registrator included into either of these lines? Such as email or (even better) the Registration Code?

If not currently, I'd like to put a bug in a programmer's ear. To get several hundred identical looking emails will be frustrating.

Thanks for your help, all!
Old 12th August 2010, 01:41 PM   #17
GEskildsen

GEskildsen is on a distinguished road

Old 12th August 2010, 03:46 PM   #18
GEskildsen

GEskildsen is on a distinguished road

Below a quote from corresponcance with Tech Support - (my words, so it's OK to quote them here)

......the edit-feature [for articles] only appears for users, logged in and only if they are also added to the propriate group, so I don't see why it couldn't be so for the comments part as well.

There is no problem in programming it.

Other blogsystems has got it, so why not Serifs?
Old 7th September 2010, 09:24 PM   #19
Russ

Russ is on a distinguished road

I guess this has already been added but...
I find the fact that entries added to a blog just accumulate on a single page to be a real limiting factor.
The blog archives entries according to the month of entry so it would seem reasonable to only display enties added in the current month or better still to allow a customisable number of entries to be displayed.
What point is an archive if all the entries are shown anyway?
I hope that this function could be added via a patch or a new version.
Old 22nd September 2010, 04:34 PM   #20
ron.guttman

ron.guttman is on a distinguished road

I recently began the process of adding a blog to my web site and have encountered several issues, some of which are already mentioned here.

1. The Smart Object does not size correctly based on the space assigned to it. The object wants to use more space than is available. This negates all of the style and design elements of the remainder of the site.

2. The relationship between the actual post can the supporting elements can only be changed by selecting a different visual style. Although this gives you a general control, there is no control over the size and placement of the sub-elements.

For example, I have a specific "column" relationship defined on all of the other pages and cannot control this. I suspect that this probably can be done within the CSS, but this is way beyond the typical user.

3. Other design elements that cannot be directly controlled are background colour, all of the font colours and more. The caption on the "About" profile element is a colour that is not part of the site style. Again, I suspect that this can all be controlled within the CSS.

Comment/Question: Is it not the purpose of a tool like WebPlus to eliminate (or at least minimize) the need for hand coding such as CSS?

4. According to my understanding of blogs, each post is supposed to map into one web page (as far as search engines are concerned). Therefore, the idea that all blog posts appear as one contiguous block does not seem to support this notion.

One could simply create this content manually and manage the placement similarly, although without the support of tags, archives and RSS feeds.

5. The lack of full archiving and such was mentioned by other posters.

I was ready to move forward into this whole new realm and it seems I must now take a step backward and reconsider.