Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > Digital Scrapbook Artist

Notices

Digital Scrapbook Artist Digital Scrapbooking Software

Old 29th January 2010, 06:37 PM   #21
MrsPeel

MrsPeel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Serif launches Digital Scrapbook Artist 2!

I didnt get impatient,
it was just that it seemed to me that mjh didn't understand what I asked.
And I have been in these forums with a lot of people who haved helped me greatly,
excuse me if I am an old woman, disabled and with (like every any other human being) an occassional bad hair day.

It happened before that Serif charged me for stuff which did not come through and, thoiugh they have sorted the situation every time, sometimes one does get impantient.
This was the only time though, and, if you go look in the other thread, you will see that PeteB explained me what to do, I did it and it got installed then.

I asure you, it is terribly frustrating when you (me, one, people) are not born with computers, have to learn everything on your own, and , on top of things, the language you are trying to communicate in is not your mother tongue.

mjh: I do apologyse TO YOU, if it seemed to you I was being rude, far from my intention, I did get very frustrated and could see another 2 weeks of problems coming like the last time I had a problem with Serif, so I do apologyse to you if it did sound to you badly.
Thanks for the understanding too
Old 29th January 2010, 06:41 PM   #22
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
mjh: I do apologyse TO YOU, if it seemed to you I was being rude, far from my intention, I did get very frustrated and could see another 2 weeks of problems coming like the last time I had a problem with Serif, so I do apologyse to you if it did sound to you badly.
Thanks for the understanding too

Mrs Peel

There is no need to apologize. We all have different levels of interest and experience here with the goal to help each other.
Old 29th January 2010, 06:47 PM   #23
MrsPeel

thanks

not only did it get installed, but I discovered some stuff that was already in the old version and I had no clue!
is amazing what the program can do, am speechless!

thanks again
Old 29th January 2010, 06:49 PM   #24
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPeel View Post
thanks

not only did it get installed, but I discovered some stuff that was already in the old version and I had no clue!
is amazing what the program can do, am speechless!

thanks again
Mrs Peel

DSA is my favorite toy.... I jusst love playing with it and moving stuff around, upside down and sideways.
Old 29th January 2010, 07:00 PM   #25
MrsPeel

yes! is amazing!
I started scrapbooking with an online program, then learned about the PNGs and all the digital scrapbooking world through a young girl in that community, and when the prices for embelishments and general stuff got a bit salty, I went searching for a program,got ScrapbookMax, which was amazing to me coming from this other online one, which is relatively restricted in what you can create....
Then through other things I bought from Serif ( I was on PC for 10 years) they sent me an offer for DSA, I thought not harm on trying, especially because of the CutOut Studio (ScrapbookMax didnt have that then, now they have an eraser, but still, can't compare to DSA)

I had a LOT of problems with DSA in the beginning, and so many people here helped me out and I got it running so smoothly thanks to the people in these forums, I honestly wasn't trying to be rude, but I'm not having a very good day today, and I have a teenage daughter...(you can only know about that if you are a mum LOL) she is the light of my life but last night was driving me lunatic
Thing is, all the people here not only helped me with DSA stuff, but also went out googling things for me to know how to work it in Mac....I'm sure you can imagine it was far from me to have an attack,but sometimes it happens (I'm latin too, we are very impulsive LOL)

I studied Fine Arts when I was young, but I have a bit of a fear to confront Photoshop...I have PSE for Mac and use it to edit photos, but DSA is opened a world of creativity I never in my life imagined I could have, and with all of you helping out here...well...my daughter's books which is what I'm working on, will be the very best!

Ok, now I'm of to play with my brushes a bit more LOL
Old 29th January 2010, 07:06 PM   #26
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
and I have a teenage daughter...(you can only know about that if you are a mum LOL) she is the light of my life but last night was driving me lunatic

Hiya again, Mrs Peel

May I suggest a nice POT of chamomile tea as an antidote to teen angst? Or better yet, a spot of my works for everything 'medicine'..... homebrewed elderberry brandy?
Old 29th January 2010, 08:21 PM   #27
elderflower

elderflower will become famous soon enough

I have just ordered DSA2 (package version, by phone) as an upgrade and do agree it is real value for money, with voucher and all. But the kits included - I pointed out that I already have them all and asked if I could choose others (was I being cheeky?). The salesman informed me the accompanying disk is all new. He did admit he is unfamiliar with DSA. But - three of the kits are on the Digikit coll.3 and the other two I have downloaded from the website. As they are already on a disk in the package I guess it would be difficult to satisfy everyone in this situation but just thought I'd mention it.
Looking forward to those blends and stencils - oh yummy! My cards will be in a whole different dimension.
Annie
I've just noticed that elderberry brandy popping up again.

Last edited by elderflower; 29th January 2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: something spotted in a later posting.
Old 29th January 2010, 08:30 PM   #28
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Annie
I've just noticed that elderberry brandy popping up again.

Absolutely better than Absolute.

LOL
Old 29th January 2010, 08:42 PM   #29
elderflower

elderflower will become famous soon enough

I really must go - this is addictive. I'm 76 no - 78! with a dodgy back and my back hates me sitting here too long. I suspect elderberry brandy would do the trick - not quite sure what tho'. I've just noticed the little buttons which indicate who is online!
Old 29th January 2010, 08:45 PM   #30
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderflower View Post
I really must go - this is addictive. I'm 76 no - 78! with a dodgy back and my back hates me sitting here too long. I suspect elderberry brandy would do the trick - not quite sure what tho'. I've just noticed the little buttons which indicate who is online!

Have one for me, too.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:15 PM   #31
MrsPeel

you girls need to explain me how to make this elderberry brandy....

and stencils?
blends?
oh my my dear dear.... I'm still in the brush discovery and just about succeeded to mask a photo with wonderful Melinda video open in another browser!
need a new brain to be able to take all this in! LOL

oh and, mjh: Happy birthday!!!!!!!!
(you are so very nice, girl, if I was you, and this was my birthday, and a latin lunatic was having a tantrum online...I wouldn't have given the time of the day! )

and yes, terribly addictive!!!!
Old 29th January 2010, 11:24 PM   #32
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
you girls need to explain me how to make this elderberry brandy....

and stencils?
blends?
oh my my dear dear.... I'm still in the brush discovery and just about succeeded to mask a photo with wonderful Melinda video open in another browser!
need a new brain to be able to take all this in! LOL

oh and, mjh: Happy birthday!!!!!!!!
(you are so very nice, girl, if I was you, and this was my birthday, and a latin lunatic was having a tantrum online...I wouldn't have given the time of the day! )

and yes, terribly addictive!!!!
Mrs Peel,

So glad you are having fun with DSA2. Neat program, isn't it? I just yesterday posted a new eBook tutorial on using the stencils. You'll find it at www.lpleblanc.com/etuts. Look for the DSA tab.

I just think the stencils are a terrific addition.

Lon "have fun" in California
Old 29th January 2010, 11:50 PM   #33
MrsPeel

well...now you mention this...the first thing I went to do when I finally (you can see my blood, sweat & tears in other threads LOL) got to install DSA2 , was go look at your ebook....bt it told me I have to download something....
so, because I'm on Mac and wasn't too sure, I left it for later....

do you know if this thing I need to download will be compatible with the Mac or do I need to do it from Parallels? (my virtual PC, I'm sure you know better than me what I'm talking about though! lol)
Old 30th January 2010, 03:16 AM   #34
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
well...now you mention this...the first thing I went to do when I finally (you can see my blood, sweat & tears in other threads LOL) got to install DSA2 , was go look at your ebook....bt it told me I have to download something....
so, because I'm on Mac and wasn't too sure, I left it for later....

do you know if this thing I need to download will be compatible with the Mac or do I need to do it from Parallels? (my virtual PC, I'm sure you know better than me what I'm talking about though! lol)
I'm not a MAC user and have no familiarity with them, so I can't answer your question. The download is a small "reader" file to enable you to read the eBook, since its a format that is proprietary to Desktop Author. The reader file just stays on your computer, in the event you want to download further DTA eBooks from any source.

Lon in California
Old 30th January 2010, 04:35 AM   #35
MrsPeel

Hi Lon

I know all, or if not all, 99% of you guys here use PCs, just thought maybe you knew if it was a file kind compatible, but no probs, I went had a look around, googled (oh My God, how did we live before Google? LOL) and have it installed now!

I'm gonna go read then!
Thanks so much, like Melinda, I admire you guys who not only have the knowledge but also are good hearted enough to share it with us
Old 30th January 2010, 05:01 AM   #36
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Quote:
Hi Lon

I know all, or if not all, 99% of you guys here use PCs, just thought maybe you knew if it was a file kind compatible, but no probs, I went had a look around, googled (oh My God, how did we live before Google? LOL) and have it installed now!

I'm gonna go read then!
Thanks so much, like Melinda, I admire you guys who not only have the knowledge but also are good hearted enough to share it with us
Our pleasure. Most of us get real jazzed about the software and just want to share the possibilities. Unlike Melinda, I've only scratched the surface....mostly playing with and learning how to use Desktop Author. Melinda has set the bar very high with her vids.

Lon "just putters along" in California
Old 30th January 2010, 07:12 AM   #37
MrsPeel

true, Melinda's videos are really good,and I have to confess that I went to the e book with a bit of non confidence in my reading skills..., not because of the language, but I think my brain processes better when I see what the person is doing or if I find my way by trying stuff but I was surprised.

It was very easy to understand, you left space in between paragraphs (which helps a lot to memorise (at least to me) and the little pictures one can click to see where the things are.. really good.

I'm gonna pass the link to my friends who bought DSA, and am about to review DSA in my blog and a couple of Scrapbooking websites, I will include your link
I also will try remember to post to DaisyTrail after using the stencils !
Thanks!
Old 30th January 2010, 01:21 PM   #38
MrsPeel

I'm all wowed out with DSA 2... I never thought so much could be done with a click of the mouse...all those years @ Fine Arts school LOL
brilliant, love it.
Now, just for the record, it crashed 3 times in 5 hours.
Not big deal for me because, like in DSA 1, it recovers almost everything.

Only problem I see is how to un-glue oneself from the computer....can't get enough LOL
Old 30th January 2010, 01:32 PM   #39
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Quote:
Only problem I see is how to un-glue oneself from the computer....can't get enough LOL
Yes, I've found the only problem with Serif software over the years, is that it's terribly addictive!

Lon "can't stop playing" in California
Old 1st February 2010, 11:34 AM   #40
M@tto

M@tto is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,
I had to,buy the download yesterday to qualify for the start up price, because Serif won't ship the CD and UG outside the UK! I saved the download but have not tried to run it as I don't know if I have first to uninstall DSA1 or whether I can simply run it as an upgrade. Anyone know pse?

Another strange quirk of this release is buying from the email I received as a registered user of DSA1, it created a new Serif account although obviously I already have one!