Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > Digital Scrapbook Artist

Notices

Digital Scrapbook Artist Digital Scrapbooking Software

Old 25th January 2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Dale_Cook
Serif Europe Limited

Dale_Cook has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Serif launches Digital Scrapbook Artist 2!

Hello everyone!

We’re delighted to announce the launch of Digital Scrapbook Artist 2, the fantastic new version of our award-winning digital scrapbooking software. Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 is the easiest, most flexible and cost-effective way for anyone to make beautiful, professional scrapbooks.

This amazing software transforms your photos and memories into wonderful, personal artwork that you will cherish forever. Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 brings you the usability Serif software is renowned for, an abundance of realistic embellishments and materials to use in your designs, and professional tools that won’t be found in any other dedicated scrapbooking program. Without question, it is the best digital scrapbooking software on the market.

If you aren't already a dedicated scrapbooker, you can always use Digital Scrapbook Artist to design greetings cards, invitations, postcards, and lots more! Anyone already involved with digital scrapbooking will absolutely love the new powerful tools that will encourage creativity and take their scrapbooks designs to the next level.

The new Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 features and benefits include:
  • Professional Blend Modes allow you to mix layers to achieve stunning results. For example, you can easily make a plastic button look like it’s made of metal or modify a photo so it looks like it is printed on hessian.
  • Ensure your photos are picture perfect with the built-in PhotoLab. With over 70 effects and adjustments, you’ll be sure that your photos look exactly how you want them to.
  • Put the finishing touch on your design projects or create amazing backgrounds using the new Stencils. Choose from the many included stencils or easily create your own unique patterns.
  • Know what you are clicking on with the Hover Selection Aid. This handy tool highlights the object underneath the mouse cursor so you can be sure you are selecting the right one.
  • Create a unique colour scheme for your project easily using the Colour Palette Designer. It’s the easy way to make sure you don’t have clashing colours.
  • Get started straight away with five free DaisyTrail Digikits worth over £10. Full of materials, embellishments, frames and more, these Digikits are a fantastic starting block for new scrappers and a great addition to existing Digikit collections.
If you haven’t heard of DaisyTrail, where have you been? It’s the home of digital scrapbooking and a great place to show off your scrapbooks online, meet other scrappers, swap ideas, and download free Digikits. And if you visit the DaisyTrail Store in launch week you can save even more with an early bird discount on Digital Scrapbook Artist 2.

Please visit the following pages to learn more about Digital Scrapbook Artist 2:
Overview
Easy to Use
Tools & Techniques
Your Photographs
All Types of Projects
Sharing
Extra Features
User Guide
System Requirements

If you have any questions please post them here.

Regards, Dale.

Last edited by Dale_Cook; 25th January 2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added link to online store
Old 25th January 2010, 02:03 PM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Serif launches Digital Scrapbook Artist 2!

Quote:
If you haven’t heard of DaisyTrail, where have you been?

Good morning, Dale

I was on DaisyTrail.com yesterday and it looked pretty much as it always has. However, clicking on your link brings me here.... quite a makeover but I suspect unintended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DT_login.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	8298  
Old 25th January 2010, 02:09 PM   #3
Dale_Cook
Serif Europe Limited

Hopefully just a passing issue MJH, the link seems harmless and daisytrail looks fine in my browser. But the layout you attached is something I also see from time to time on many sites if the connection is a bit stifled.

Regards, Dale.
Old 25th January 2010, 02:11 PM   #4
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Dale

Hopefully that means many folks are going shopping for DT X2
Old 25th January 2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Dale

Hopefully that means many folks are going shopping for DT X2

Dang....now how did that little plastic card get out of my wallet and onto the desktop here?

Lon "shopping time" in California
Old 25th January 2010, 03:00 PM   #6
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Hi Dale,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_Cook View Post
If you haven’t heard of DaisyTrail, where have you been? It’s the home of digital scrapbooking and a great place to show off your scrapbooks online, meet other scrappers, swap ideas, and download free Digikits.
You forgot to mention that it's also a great place to get an early bird discount on the new version. Put that together with the voucher against future purchases, not to mention the kits included with the program, and you're practically giving it away to anyone who qualifies for the upgrade price!

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 25th January 2010, 03:24 PM   #7
Dale_Cook
Serif Europe Limited

Good point, thanks AP.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:24 AM   #8
Big Mike

Big Mike is on a distinguished road

After discovering Scrapbook 2 launching, I went to upgrade offers on Serif site as I had a former release 1.5 but there was no special price and I bought the new release at full price!
After installing it, I received a mail from daisy trail offering too late an upgrade for half price!
Old 27th January 2010, 12:26 AM   #9
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
After discovering Scrapbook 2 launching, I went to upgrade offers on Serif site as I had a former release 1.5 but there was no special price and I bought the new release at full price!
After installing it, I received a mail from daisy trail offering too late an upgrade for half price!

No Big Mike, just contact customer service, ask for a refund and thenn turn around and buy the deal
Old 27th January 2010, 12:42 AM   #10
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No Big Mike, just contact customer service, ask for a refund and thenn turn around and buy the deal

Or do what I did with WPX4. I got it in the mail (full price) on the same day a special offer arrived in the mail. I called up Serif sales and asked nicely for a credit down to the amount of the special offer, or take my full price version back. They credited my account!

Lon "Don't you love bargaining?" in California
Old 27th January 2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Mark Ingram
Serif Europe Limited

Mark Ingram is on a distinguished road

There are other features too, such as AutoFlow which is great when working with photobooks (it automatically flows all of your imported photos into blank photo frames). There is a new options page for configuring the directories that DSA will load your asset packs from as well.

Mark Ingram
DrawPlus and CraftArtist Project Manager

Reporting Software Issues To Serif
Old 27th January 2010, 11:35 AM   #12
Big Mike

[QUOTE=Lon in California;410727]Or do what I did with WPX4. I got it in the mail (full price) on the same day a special offer arrived in the mail. I called up Serif sales and asked nicely for a credit down to the amount of the special offer, or take my full price version back. They credited my account!QUOTE]

Thank you Lon and MJH! I just wrote to Serif sales service

Mike
Old 29th January 2010, 12:42 PM   #13
MrsPeel

MrsPeel is on a distinguished road

well, I knew something would happen and I would be tearing my hair of as usual...

I bought the upgrade.
Installed it.
and nothing is changed.

help?
pretty please?
Old 29th January 2010, 01:31 PM   #14
Big Mike

Upgrade is not an update and there is a new release in a new directory!
Maybe you are using a shortcut which is still pointing on the former release?
Old 29th January 2010, 01:39 PM   #15
MrsPeel

oh God, I dont know...

I know I paid for it, then downloaded the upgrade.
This is why I said to Mark I was reluctant to get th upgrade now that I had DSA running softly...
I m frustrated now.

Last edited by MrsPeel; 29th January 2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: typos, as usual
Old 29th January 2010, 01:43 PM   #16
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPeel View Post
oh God, I dont know...

I know I paid for it, then downloaded the upgrade.
This is why I said to Mark I was reluctant to get th upgrade now that I had DSA running softly...
I m frustrated now.

According to your other thread, DSA 2.0 is not installed on your computer. It has been downloaded, but not installed.

Your installation of DSA 1.5 should still run as it has, unless you have made changes to its installation.
Old 29th January 2010, 01:53 PM   #17
MrsPeel

well yes, I know I m not English, right?
but this is what I'm asking for help with....

I went into my Serif ACcount and donwloaded it again, just to make sure.
It is downloaded. fine
How do I install it then?
because when I clik on the setup it ask me to run it...

could you please explain me how to install it?

Thanks
Old 29th January 2010, 02:11 PM   #18
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPeel View Post
well yes, I know I m not English, right?
but this is what I'm asking for help with....

I went into my Serif ACcount and donwloaded it again, just to make sure.
It is downloaded. fine
How do I install it then?
because when I clik on the setup it ask me to run it...

could you please explain me how to install it?

Thanks
Do what it tells you to do - run it. This will run the installation program. And please try not to get impatient with people on these forums who are trying to help you.

Old 29th January 2010, 02:12 PM   #19
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Do what it tells you to do - run it. This will run the installation program. And please try not to get impatient with people on these forums who are trying to help you.
Ali

Mrs Peel is running DSA on a Mac.... I think procedures for installation are a bit different.
Old 29th January 2010, 02:14 PM   #20
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Ali

Mrs Peel is running DSA on a Mac.... I think procedures for installation are a bit different.
Yes, I know that, Marilyn. But from what she is saying, it sounds like she just isn't running when it asks her to click on run. I would have thought this the obvious thing to try next.