Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > ImpactPlus / 3DPlus

Notices

ImpactPlus / 3DPlus ImpactPlus / 3DPlus

Old 30th April 2012, 09:38 AM   #81
Peanuts

Peanuts has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Alternatives

Great work Sixwheels - that rendering time seems rather high to me, I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes.

Meg Same message here re link.

Peanuts
Old 30th April 2012, 10:18 AM   #82
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
Great work Sixwheels - that rendering time seems rather high to me, I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes.
Peanuts
I agree, but then I have never done something quite as complex as that.
Old 30th April 2012, 11:28 AM   #83
deekaybe

deekaybe is on a distinguished road

Great picture Sixwheels.
Rendering time depends on the options. Bryce is not fast at rendering. A high quality pictures can easily take hours to render. But this is the price to pay for photo realistic pictures.
Old 30th April 2012, 01:50 PM   #84
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I get an "invalid post" when I click on that.
Quote:

Peanuts
Marilyn's original link pointed to a duplicate post which has been deleted. Try here instead!

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 30th April 2012, 02:17 PM   #85
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Marilyn's original link pointed to a duplicate post which has been deleted. Try here instead!

Alfred
Thanks very much - they were great, especially the monk one!
Old 30th April 2012, 05:44 PM   #86
Sixwheels

Sixwheels is well on the road to greatness

Quote:

Peanuts
No, no, my forest image didn't take very long at all (maybe 3 minutes). What I was saying is to get any more detailed would require several hours. On the Superfine setting, and I believe one more above that (whatever it's called), it takes my machine forever to make even a few passes.

James H

My Super Simple PhP Tutorials.
Old 30th April 2012, 06:18 PM   #87
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixwheels View Post
No, no, my forest image didn't take very long at all (maybe 3 minutes). What I was saying is to get any more detailed would require several hours. On the Superfine setting, and I believe one more above that (whatever it's called), it takes my machine forever to make even a few passes.
Ah, get you now.
Old 6th May 2012, 12:28 PM   #88
omac12

omac12 is on a distinguished road

I've always noticed similarities between Impactplus and Cool 3D. I used them together when I was using Impactplus. I used Cool 3D as a directx file converter to 3ds format that I brought into Truespace for rendering. I sometimes would use Impactplus to render and animate models made in Cool 3D. The one big drawback Cool 3D had compared to Impactplus is regarding placement. It is sort of fiddly with exact placement of anything especially when trying to place an object in correct relation to another. Corel recently brought Cool 3D back and renamed it Corel Motion Studio. It's sort of like a photoshop-looking interface tacked on to Cool 3D. They changed the render engine and that's about all. The modeling tools are exactly the same as they were. It's for exactly the same market Impactplus was designed for- quick consumer 3d. If you were going for quick and easy, Impactplus and Cool 3D were great. I've often thought Ulead Cool 3D might have been the inspiration for Impactplus.

Right now I wish all the 3d tools from Impactplus were added to Drawplus. Drawplus has the same look to its 3d objects as Impactplus. This makes me wonder if Drawplus isn't making directx files internally? I wonder if Serif will allow Drawplus to generate 3d file formats? If nothing else I wish Drawplus would import Impactplus files. While I know that Impactplus was not a professional level 3d modeling application I still think that there's a place for a quick 3d modeler that has no need for correct polygon topology or advanced texturing (i.e. normal maps) or soft body animation. Apparently Corel does too.
Al
Old 6th May 2012, 02:27 PM   #89
Sixwheels

Sixwheels is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by omac12 View Post
I've always noticed similarities between Impactplus and Cool 3D. I used them together when I was using Impactplus. I used Cool 3D as a directx file converter to 3ds format that I brought into Truespace for rendering. I sometimes would use Impactplus to render and animate models made in Cool 3D. The one big drawback Cool 3D had compared to Impactplus is regarding placement. It is sort of fiddly with exact placement of anything especially when trying to place an object in correct relation to another. Corel recently brought Cool 3D back and renamed it Corel Motion Studio. It's sort of like a photoshop-looking interface tacked on to Cool 3D. They changed the render engine and that's about all. The modeling tools are exactly the same as they were. It's for exactly the same market Impactplus was designed for- quick consumer 3d. If you were going for quick and easy, Impactplus and Cool 3D were great. I've often thought Ulead Cool 3D might have been the inspiration for Impactplus.

Right now I wish all the 3d tools from Impactplus were added to Drawplus. Drawplus has the same look to its 3d objects as Impactplus. This makes me wonder if Drawplus isn't making directx files internally? I wonder if Serif will allow Drawplus to generate 3d file formats? If nothing else I wish Drawplus would import Impactplus files. While I know that Impactplus was not a professional level 3d modeling application I still think that there's a place for a quick 3d modeler that has no need for correct polygon topology or advanced texturing (i.e. normal maps) or soft body animation. Apparently Corel does too.
Al
I've often said that I wish they would incorporate some of what was in Impactplus into Drawplus, or better yet, MoviePlus. The program was a perfect accompaniment to MP. There must have been some kind of licensing problems, though, that kept them from using any parts of the program.

James H

My Super Simple PhP Tutorials.
Old 11th May 2012, 09:14 PM   #90
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: buy priligy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilakassaa View Post
Common use - Dapoxetine belongs to a class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). [Inappropriate content removed]
Hi

DOn't you know how dangerous SSRIs can be? Think suicidal ideation for just one not so user-friendly 'side effects'.

Since you are obviously not a Serif software user, your posts will be delete from this forum where spam is not allowed.

Last edited by AlfredP; 11th May 2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Inappropriate content removed from quoted text