Notices

ImpactPlus / 3DPlus ImpactPlus / 3DPlus

Old 30th March 2012, 11:14 AM   #21
Peanuts

Peanuts has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
You won't have to try very hard to get results like mine! I am definitely no artist. There was a learning curve on Bryce4 and no doubt there will be one on Bryce7 but I certainly had fun with it.
Hi Meg

Just being 'playing' with Bryce 7 for last 90 minutes and am wondering if the learning curve might be too much for my 74 year old brain but I can be an awkward old *** so I will persevere.
Might need a visit to SpecSavers due to the visibility of the objects before rendering.
Must say that I'm not very impressed with the on-line learning videos, they seem to be mostly about Daz Studio 4 - even the links to Bryce 7 take you to Daz Studio

The downloaded (extra) Bryce Pro 7 Materials 7.0.O.19 would not install as already part of program.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Regards

Peanuts.
Old 30th March 2012, 02:15 PM   #22
Sixwheels

Sixwheels is well on the road to greatness

I tell you, all of the programs that DAZ is giving away are amazing and remarkable. I looked up some tutorial videos on Youtube for all of them, and am now getting a fairly good grip on them. DAZ Studio 4 is incredible; you can literally create any person with only one add on pack, the Genesis Environment Morph Bundle. Bryce 7 is pretty darn cool as well. Here is a quick render of a not yet done project I've been working on from a video tutorial I found on Youtube. It only took me a few minutes to replicate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mine.png
Views:	58
Size:	961.6 KB
ID:	31589  

James H

My Super Simple PhP Tutorials.
Old 30th March 2012, 03:58 PM   #23
HLS Design

HLS Design is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
...Must say that I'm not very impressed with the on-line learning videos, they seem to be mostly about Daz Studio 4 - even the links to Bryce 7 take you to Daz Studio
Peanuts -

Have you tried the 'Help' section within the Bryce program?

I'm skimming through it now, and it seems to be well documented and helpful.

I just created a 'scene' using the built in pre-set objects ( only took about 5 minutes to build the scene ), I used the fast preview render mode ( and it took about 20 minutes to render ). I can say, so far I have to agree with SixWheels, these FREE programs have great potential and the render engine seems more than capable in producing photo-realistic renders ( using the max render settings and about an hour or so to actually render it ).

Now please Serif, bring back IP as the world is ready for a quality, affordable 3D package ( and your loyal customer base, like myself, will surely purchase and put it to good use )! You only need to add a couple of 'features' to your already great program ( i.e. UV mapping, NURBS, Metaballs and few more modeling tools ) and you'll have a winner for sure !

I'm glad that some of you found my contribution useful and are putting it through the paces.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bryce 7 Test - Fast Preview Render.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	31595  
Old 30th March 2012, 04:02 PM   #24
HLS Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixwheels View Post
I tell you, all of the programs that DAZ is giving away are amazing and remarkable. I looked up some tutorial videos on Youtube for all of them, and am now getting a fairly good grip on them. DAZ Studio 4 is incredible; you can literally create any person with only one add on pack, the Genesis Environment Morph Bundle. Bryce 7 is pretty darn cool as well. Here is a quick render of a not yet done project I've been working on from a video tutorial I found on Youtube. It only took me a few minutes to replicate.
SixWheels -

I agree! I know the marketing ploy behind giving these programs away for FREE ( for a limited time ), was to get people to purchase the other goodies ( models, objects, creatures, etc... ), but with all the FREE things they offered along with some creativity, I don't see the need to purchase anything additional ( unless one was strictly into 3D animation or game building for a living ).

Great job on the render btw !!

Ron
Old 30th March 2012, 04:16 PM   #25
HLS Design

Quote:
...Must say that I'm not very impressed with the on-line learning videos, they seem to be mostly about Daz Studio 4 - even the links to Bryce 7 take you to Daz Studio
Peanuts -

Also, a quick search on YouTube showed some results. This one in particular seemed to be for beginners: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=c5rMzTYfDOo#!

I'm sure there are more, just do some searches and I'm sure you'll find more to help you along.

*edit: I found these for you to check out from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/WWWDAZ3D...os?query=bryce *

Hope this helps,

Ron

Last edited by HLS Design; 30th March 2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: found some more Bryce Tutorials on YouTube
Old 31st March 2012, 09:54 AM   #26
Peanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS Design View Post
Peanuts -

Also, a quick search on YouTube showed some results. This one in particular seemed to be for beginners: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=c5rMzTYfDOo#!

I'm sure there are more, just do some searches and I'm sure you'll find more to help you along.

*edit: I found these for you to check out from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/WWWDAZ3D...os?query=bryce *

Hope this helps,

Ron
Hi Ron

Thanks for those links.

I have now had a look at them and have found them more instructive than the first ones I found and will be working through some this weekend.

After only a couple of hours I am getting some (reasonable to me) results, so shall persevere.

Must admit that some of my initial problems were down to trying to 'jump into' a totally new kind of program for me -'stupidity' doesn't necessarily decrease with old age.

Thanks again for your interest and help.

Regards

Peanuts
Old 31st March 2012, 12:10 PM   #27
HLS Design

Peanuts -

No problem! Like I said when I started posting, I will do my best to help those that I can.

Not all software can be built with the ease of use ( like Serif ), but I found ( at least with bryce ) to be the easiest of the 3 programs to 'get started' on.

Keep it up and post some results.

And please Serif, for the love that is all holy... please bring back Impact Plus - you had a great product that was just released before it's time. But now is the time to bring it back !

Thanks,

Ron
Old 31st March 2012, 02:55 PM   #28
Peanuts

Hi Ron & Others

After three hours - and dog leaving computer room several times because of my language - herewith an 'effort' that I am reasonably pleased with.

Any comments and/or suggestions, of whatever kind appreciated.

Used a combination of Bryce 7 and Serif PhotoPlus X5.
Bryce 7 picture was exported to PhotoPlus X5 and skull pasted onto/into.

Problem that I'm still having with Bryce 7 is getting objects into right order.

Peanuts

Last Stand
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Last Stand.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	31626  
Old 31st March 2012, 03:35 PM   #29
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hi Ron & Others

After three hours - and dog leaving computer room several times because of my language - herewith an 'effort' that I am reasonably pleased with.

Peanuts

Last Stand
That looks great. Like the colour of the leaves. I'm sure I have seen that film somewhere?
Old 31st March 2012, 04:07 PM   #30
HLS Design

Quote:
Hi Ron & Others

Peanuts -

Wow! Just WOW! And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I think it is awesome! And the skull was a great touch ( and a great reason to put PhP into play ).

Sorry, I can't help out with the ordering of objects ( as I'm still learning it too ! ), but you've inspired me to 'play around' a little more. Thanks.

If I figure out the ordering issue ( before you do ), I'll reply to this thread.

Could you share your output / render settings, please? And how long did the render take? I used the basic 'Preview Quality' and it still took about 20 minutes or so to render. At first, I maxed out all of the render settings, and the estimated render time was over an hour, so I canceled it and just used the basic render settings.

Again, great job Peanuts... let's see some more !

Ron

Last edited by HLS Design; 31st March 2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: moved 'comment' to product suggestions thread
Old 31st March 2012, 04:10 PM   #31
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Peanuts -

Wow! Just WOW! And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I think it is awesome! And the skull was a great touch ( and a great reason to put PhP into play ).

I will beg / ask yet again, PLEASE Serif, bring a new and improved ImpactPlus back ( or even as an add-on for MP ).

Again, great job Peanuts... let's see some more !

Ron
Hi Ron

Best to ask in the Product Suggestions forum above.

Hope this helps.
Old 31st March 2012, 04:27 PM   #32
HLS Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Hi Ron

Best to ask in the Product Suggestions forum above.

Hope this helps.
Hiya again neighbor -

I will ( if I didn't already ), but sometimes I feel that those 'suggestions' fall onto deaf ears. Numerous times, has 'CMYK' color mode been suggested to be added to the last couple versions of PhP, and yet still nothing. Along with a more advanced DVD menu maker for MoviePlus...again, nothing.

But, I will edit the post to remove my 'plea' and add it to the 'product suggestion' thread as you suggest.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 31st March 2012, 04:29 PM   #33
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Hiya again neighbor -

I will ( if I didn't already ), but sometimes I feel that those 'suggestions' fall onto deaf ears. Numerous times, has 'CMYK' color mode been suggested to be added to the last couple versions of PhP, and yet still nothing. Along with a more advanced DVD menu maker for MoviePlus...again, nothing.

But, I will edit the post to remove my 'plea' and add it to the 'product suggestion' thread as you suggest.

Thanks,

Ron

Hiya Ron

You don't have to remove your plea from this thread

I've been requesting WebPlus thingies for several versions and haven't seen them yet, so you are not alone. But, if you do not make your wishes known, they may never materialize.
Old 31st March 2012, 05:23 PM   #34
HLS Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Hiya Ron

You don't have to remove your plea from this thread

I've been requesting WebPlus thingies for several versions and haven't seen them yet, so you are not alone. But, if you do not make your wishes known, they may never materialize.
MJH -

Too late! I already removed it, and placed it where it belongs ( along with a poll ), so hopefully Serif will see that there is a need to bring back IP !

And I really do understand, they are a small company and cannot possibly give us, as customers, everything we ask for - but you're right about 'not making our wishes known' ( just ask my wife ! )

Ron
Old 31st March 2012, 08:16 PM   #35
Sixwheels

Quote:
Hi Ron & Others

Peanuts

Last Stand
I think that's fantastic! It really is an amazing program.

James H

Old 31st March 2012, 08:24 PM   #36
Sixwheels

I recently purchased for DAZ 3D Studio the Genesis Evolution body and head morphs, and I so want to post an image of what's possible with this program, but unfortunately, to get the full idea of what you can do, the figure's have to be naked. :-( There is no genitalia, of course, but I don't suppose that matters. I also purchased the creature head and body morphs, so I was wondering if I can post them? They are also naked, but there's certainly nothing sexual about them. ;-)

James H

Old 31st March 2012, 09:44 PM   #37
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

With everyone getting into Bryce7, I decided it was time I installed it and had a play around. Watched one of the videos and it is surprising just how like Bryce4 the controls are. It seemed very familiar, at least, while watching the Youtube videos. Wasn't just quite as easy getting back into it once I was doing it myself. But have managed a rocky island rising from the sea which is my "normal" type of Bryce picture!
Old 31st March 2012, 11:23 PM   #38
HLS Design

Quote:
I recently purchased for DAZ 3D Studio the Genesis Evolution body and head morphs, and I so want to post an image of what's possible with this program, but unfortunately, to get the full idea of what you can do, the figure's have to be naked. :-( There is no genitalia, of course, but I don't suppose that matters. I also purchased the creature head and body morphs, so I was wondering if I can post them? They are also naked, but there's certainly nothing sexual about them. ;-)
Sixwheels -

Just use the male model, and I'm sure you'll be fine ( I'm not a moderator - but it's not any more obscene than a Ken doll without his clothes ).

Anyways, I managed to download some FREE hair packs, but couldn't find any FREE clothing ( so I see your dilemma ). Also, if you wanted to post something, try downloading the FREE EmotionGuy Pack ( that's what I've been playing with - actually pretty cool for 3D smiley guys ). What's really cool about this, is the rigging ( right down to being able to adjust even the knuckles ), I can see some really neat stuff coming out of this program in skilled hands.

Here's what I whipped up real quick. I rendered it using the 'cartoon' shader.

Post away !!

Ron
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	emotionguy - test.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	31636  
Old 31st March 2012, 11:28 PM   #39
HLS Design

Quote:
Sixwheels -

Or like Peanuts did, take advantage of your PhP skills and import it, then blur out any of the naughty bits in question, and then post it ( I really want to see what you accomplished - sans anything that might get the pic removed of course

Ron
Old 1st April 2012, 12:17 PM   #40
Peanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
That looks great. Like the colour of the leaves. I'm sure I have seen that film somewhere?
Hi Meg

Thanks for encouraging feed-back.

Must admit that the leaves were a happy accident.
Due to the desert scene I used a eucalyptus tree, for the standing and fallen, then just played around with the various 'tree settings', for each tree, rendering each time, until I found the settings I found most pleasing.

Chose subject after watching TV programme on Australian outback.

Peanuts.