Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > MontagePlus/PopArtPlus

Notices

MontagePlus/PopArtPlus MontagePlus/PopArtPlus

Old 24th June 2008, 05:29 PM   #1
Jim B.
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb GREAT Money-making Oppportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Several months ago, I saw a TV program that highlighted new and interesting small-sized businesses. One interview was with a web-only business who's only product was making... Andy Warhol-type LARGE prints that looked remarkably like what PopArtPlus does. I was even paying close attention to see if they mentioned PAP.

As I recall, this particular company was charging about $100 (unframed small print, maybe 8 x 10 inches) to more than $600 (framed large print, maybe 2 x 3 feet), plus shipping. They had a LARGE format printer (floor standing) and I guess they did their own framing due to what I think was a cutter and framing materials visible in the background.

Jim B. :> )

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

Old 24th June 2008, 05:53 PM   #2
P Randall

Lightbulb Re:*GREAT Money-making Oppportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Jim, PhP can produce Pop Art. An example is here http://www.serif.com/photoplus/photoplusx2/examples/ and the top left picture can be clicked on.

Paul

Old 24th June 2008, 06:09 PM   #3
Jim B.

Hi, Paul.

On:6/24/2008 4:53:38 PM - P Randall wrote:
Quote:
PhP can produce Pop Art
I was thinking that US$9.99 for PAP (maybe even lower prices through the upgrade center) was a bit lower cost than US$79.99 for PhP so someone could put the "saved" $70 towards the not insignificant cost of a floor-standing printer.

That, and maybe cause an unending tide of sales for PaP, for which Serif would be soooo delighted, they would send me a commission.

Old 24th June 2008, 06:19 PM   #4
mjh

On:6/24/2008 5:09:01 PM - Jim B. wrote:
Quote:
they would send me a commission.

Jim B

Just sign up for the Serif AFFILIATES program via the link on the LINKS page in my sig

That way, Serif will not have to rememer and assign a staff member to monitor your sales generating prowessssss

mjh
WebPlus FAQs, tricks and helpful files, and Alfred's pages, too - yours FREE www.foxhillers.com/webplus/
DonD's WebPlus demo site http://www.dond.ulmb.com/index.html

laptop XP Pro SP2, T7200, 1 gig RAM, WP X2 .... .027

Old 24th June 2008, 06:33 PM   #5
Jim B.

On:6/24/2008 5:19:36 PM - mjh wrote:
Quote:
Just sign up for the Serif AFFILIATES program via the link on the LINKS page in my sig
Or go here http://www.serif.com/affiliates/

I've previously been a member of CJ. Twice. Both times they disenrolled me due to (IIRC) my NOT logging in to my account for 6 months. I know, just make sure to log in monthly to see how much I didn't make. Well, for the companies that I was "selling" I think I earned... $0.00

Years ago, I was a Serif associate when Serif ran their own associates program inhouse. Total earnings was IIRC $0.27, and they used a $0.37 postage stamp to mail the check to me when they ended the program.

I've been an AMAZON associate and a Google Adsense (or maybe AdWords?) "user" for about two years. So far, total earnings is under US$3.00 in exchange for my giving them space on my sites for their adverts and rank-raising links.

Associates programs just don't pay the really big money that I'd like to earn for doing virtually nothing.

Old 24th June 2008, 10:49 PM   #6
P Randall

Hello Jim.

On:24/06/2008 17:09:01 - Jim B. wrote:
Quote:
US$9.99 for PAP (maybe even lower prices through the upgrade center) was a bit lower cost than US$79.99 for PhP
I totally agree with what you have said. I was just mentioning it for anyone who has got PhP but may have not realised it had a pop art function.

$9.99 - not much these days is cheaper than that!

Paul

Old 24th June 2008, 11:37 PM   #7
Jim B.

On:6/24/2008 9:49:24 PM - P Randall wrote:
Quote:
I was just mentioning it for anyone who has got PhP but may have not realised it had a pop art function.

Old 25th June 2008, 12:04 AM   #8
PaulD

On:24/06/2008 17:33:05 - Jim B. wrote:
Quote:
Associates programs just don't pay the really big money that I'd like to earn for doing virtually nothing.
Have you thought of becoming an MP ?

As a career it pretty much fits the bill of big money for doing virtually nothing.

:seriffooterPDingley939:}

Old 1st May 2009, 02:02 PM   #9
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Re:*GREAT Money-making Oppportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
On:24/06/2008 17:33:05 - Jim B. wrote:

Have you thought of becoming an MP ?

As a career it pretty much fits the bill of big money for doing virtually nothing.

:seriffooterPDingley939:}
Big Money AND enormous allowances, which are probably not even taxed!
I seem to remember the allowances were brought in at a time when everyone else had a payfreeze, so MPs couldn't be seen to raise their pay, when everyone else was being expected to have no or very low pay rises.
Old 5th August 2009, 10:15 AM   #10
tyhello12

tyhello12 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Make Money With PopArtPlus!

Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

demande simulation pret personnel en ligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnelen lignedemande simulation pret personnel en ligne
Old 5th August 2009, 09:07 PM   #11
Susie

Susie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Re:*GREAT Money-making Oppportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi JimB
Attached is a try of what you suggested with an added twist...
Click image for larger version

Name:	rose(edited)2.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	4962

It has a rain/water effect as well
Old 14th October 2009, 08:53 PM   #12
paleface

paleface is on a distinguished road

i cannot find the popart-function in phpx2, i guess the same effect has to be made by hand, doesn't it ?
Old 15th October 2009, 12:16 AM   #13
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleface View Post
i cannot find the popart-function in phpx2, i guess the same effect has to be made by hand, doesn't it ?
It depends what you mean when you say "by hand". Try using 'Image > Adjust > Posterize...' to restrict the number of colours in the image, and then go to 'Image > Adjust > Hue/Saturation/Lightness...' and move the Hue slider.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 19th October 2009, 04:19 PM   #14
paleface

thanks Alfred, comes near to what I'm looking for
I meant by hand, the not automatic way, that PopArtPlus would offer and be a time saver by that.

So PhotoPlus X2 doesn't offer something like a built in PopArt-Filter. It was a little misleading that you could use PhotoPlus X2 to get the same result, because it takes much more time to get it right. Now I get it why there is PopArtPlus around

Well, is there a tutorial i could go through to get the other questions answered i would have to get it done with PhotoPlus X2 ? If yes, i would not bother you with that anymore. I really would like to learn the traditional way to learn this effect better.

Last edited by paleface; 19th October 2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 19th October 2009, 06:59 PM   #15
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Hi paleface,

It's hard to say whether any of the tutorials will get your other questions answered without knowing what those questions are! Have a play with the tools in PhotoPlus and post back if there's something specific that you need help with.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 19th October 2009, 07:18 PM   #16
paleface

well, i wondered if there is a PopArt tutorial you know about
so i don't had to ask common questions like how to get different colored versions in a 4by4 or 9by9 grid and how to do the steps different ways...
Old 19th October 2009, 11:21 PM   #17
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
well, i wondered if there is a PopArt tutorial you know about
so i don't had to ask common questions like how to get different colored versions in a 4by4 or 9by9 grid and how to do the steps different ways...

Sorry to say I do not see a manual here

http://www.serif.com/community/productmanuals.asp
Old 20th October 2009, 02:20 PM   #18
paleface

well, the manual for PopArtPlus isn't of any helpwith this and the PhotoPlus manual i've already looked for PopArt specifics, but haven't found the right things on a quick search on a few keywords...
I'm obviously looking for help on a specific topic in the right thread and i get pointed to the manual, is this the kind of help you would like to get on something you're a rookie in, mjh ? This behaviour can be very unmotivating.

If the solution is really in the manual, then please help me find the right position(s), i can't find it. Is there a good website you people can recommend about to teach cool photo tricks and effects? Perhaps with regards to PhotoPlus ?

Last edited by paleface; 20th October 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 20th October 2009, 02:36 PM   #19
RichardS
Master

RichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant future

Quote:
well, the manual for PopArtPlus isn't of any helpwith this and the PhotoPlus manual i've already looked for PopArt specifics, but haven't found the right things on a quick search on a few keywords...
I'm obviously looking for help on a specific topic in the right thread and i get pointed to the manual, is this the kind of help you would like to get on something you're a rookie in, mjh ? This behaviour can be very unmotivating.

If the solution is really in the manual, then please help me find the right position(s), i can't find it. Is there a good website you people can recommend about to teach cool photo tricks and effects? Perhaps with regards to PhotoPlus ?
There's been a Serif tutorial on Pop Art for many years. It is certainly described in the PhP11 "Resource Guide" and seems also to be in PhPx3. So, I would expect this tutorial to be in PhPx2.
32-bit Win10 Pro 14946, AMD64 3200+, 2GB RAM, Bodged ATI Video & AC97 Audio drivers.
64-bit (3GB) & 32-bit (2GB) Win10 Pro 15063, on VirtualBox, 2 CPU cores, 128MB video
Old 20th October 2009, 04:42 PM   #20
paleface

oh my god, I guess i found something. Could it be that you guys meant the "modern art" tutorial ???