Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 12th November 2006, 10:47 PM   #1
Will(UK)
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Individual popups with a non resampled picture.

Hi

What are the site and individual settings to get the original file to be published as a pop up? I am sure this used to be possible but I can't seem to achieve this anymore. (Using pop-up a full sized view of this picture, in a new window, using the java script code)

More detail:
I don't want any PNGs on the published site (or at least only if individually set).
When using the individual java-script pop-ups I expect the thumbnail to be re-sampled but would like the pop-up to use my already optimised and pre saved file as is and not re-sampled.

Various help files imply that the pop-up will be the original file but it doesn't happen for me.

Cheers Will(UK).

Old 12th November 2006, 11:09 PM   #2
'Awful Punster'

Lightbulb Re:Individual popups with a non resampled picture.

Hi Will,

If I place a JPEG on the page at thumbnail size and link it to 'A full size view of this picture' in a new window, using the JavaScript popup code, the thumbnail has a WP-generated name but it's still a JPEG (even with 'Generated Graphics' in Site Properties left at the default PNG) and the original full-size picture pops up, so I don't know why it's misbehaving for you.

Alfred

Click here for my 'Smileys and markup' page http://serif.awfulpunster.info/addsm...et='_blank

Old 13th November 2006, 01:35 PM   #3
Will(UK)

Hi Alfred

thanks for confirming that - I thought I could remember things happening that way, BUT for me it is not so at the moment.

I have have now managed to find a page were some pop-ups are using the originals and some not. The only thing I can see different in the settings for the troublesome pictures is - in the web export dialog all the re-sampling options are greyed out.

I am going to try and find out why some pictures have their re-sample options disabled.

Cheers Will.

Old 13th November 2006, 04:04 PM   #4
Will(UK)

Hi

It seems that some photos that I have adjusted in IrfanView and saved have their Re-sample options greyed out when placed in a WP document.

In IrfanView, if the picture is pasted (even if it is copied from Irfanview) there never seems to be a problem when the picture is used in WP. If the JPG is opened with IrfanView then adjusted and saved as there is sometimes (not always) the problem.

These jpg pictures appear normal apart from the WP problem.

While preparing some sample pictures to attach I have also discovered that jpg's as produced by my camera also have this problem, most of my pictures originate from this camera.

Attached should be two copies of the same picture, one has been opened by IrfanView and then just "saved as", the other has been opened in IrfanView copied, pasted and then saved by Irfanview. For me the first one has the WP problem, the second is fine. The origanal file also showed this problem but was to big to attach.

Cheers Will.

EDIT: It seems it is the exif info that causes this problem, by de-selecting "save exif info" in IrfanView all pictures function in WP as normal.