Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 22nd February 2005, 03:04 AM   #1
Tony McDonald
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Creating Sub-directories In WebPlus 9

I have exhausted all resources and cannot find a yes or no answer, or even any references to this. Is there a way to organize a published site into directories, I'm sorry, folders. I like to place my pictures in an "images" folder, downloadable PDF's in a "pdf" folder, etc. but see no way of doing this. My root directory is extremely cluttered the way WP publishes. Thanks.

Old 22nd February 2005, 10:14 AM   #2
Gareth

Lightbulb Re:Creating Sub-directories In WebPlus 9

The structure in which all Serif applications publish to web is set for that particular program and cannot be adjusted. You can of course publish into folders and I've seen customers of ours with several sites published into different folders before creating a 'main page' from which you can navigate into these subfolders using links to their respective index.html files. However, I think what you're after cannot be done.

The only exception would be to upload your PDFs into a subfolder and then link to them in your design rather than including them in the design directly... that sort of thing is quite easy, but I think you'd need a seperate FTP client to upload those files with.

Regards,
Gareth Morris
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Old 22nd February 2005, 12:55 PM   #3
Tony McDonald

Thanks, I was afraid of that! I have been doing what you proposed, manually separating certain things and using an external FTP, just would be simpler inside of Serif. Thanks again.

Old 22nd February 2005, 01:54 PM   #4
'Awful Punster'

Tony,

If you want WebPlus to upload (say) PDF files for you, insert a blank HTML Web Object in a new document and use the Files section of the dialog to specify the files you want to add. Upload to your PDF folder in the usual way, and then use the Maintain Web Site facility to delete the superfluous HTML page.

HTH, Alfred

Click here to visit my Serif-related pages http://echo1.dr2.net/~corniest/Serif..."";return true

Old 24th February 2005, 02:53 AM   #5
Tony McDonald

That's the way I have been doing it thus far. It's not really the problem though, I am kind of a neat freak with my webs! I like to have everything organized into their own subdirectories and Webplus is driving me crazy by putting everything in one directory and the two generated directories! I really like Webplus even with the limitations. It works well for someone whose web space doesn't give them Frontpage extensions, etc. so I'll keep using it for those times anyway!