Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > MontagePlus/PopArtPlus

Notices

MontagePlus/PopArtPlus MontagePlus/PopArtPlus

Old 7th July 2004, 11:05 PM   #1
Steve Auerweck
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb All saves are in BMP format

I just received MontagePlus and PopArtPlus, and have made the most amazing discovery about both programs: Whether you choose to save as a BMP, JPEG or PNG, they save the files in the BMP format. The only difference is that they stick a JPG extension or a PNG extension on the filename, but the files are exactly the same!!! Windows reports the files as all being 24-bit RGB BMP format data, and the byte counts are precisely the same. I've never seen anything like it. It's like a blatant attempt at fraud on the part of some programmer somewhere.

Mind you, the graphical results are as advertised, and if you have a decent photo editor you can call up the image and save it properly, but still....!

I filed a report to Serif. Matthew responded that I should choose JPEG in the menu. In other words, he didn't get it.

Old 10th July 2004, 09:55 AM   #2
Michael
Message imported from old Serif Forum

Lightbulb Re:All saves are in BMP format

> It's like a blatant attempt at fraud on the part of some programmer somewhere. <

I don't use either package, but found your post interesting Steve.

I'm resonably sure nobody at Serif would do that, and have no idea what the cause is, but it's pretty easy to have the same function call repeated in your program code by mistake, or a listbox calling the same routine for every listed item (done it a few times myself )

Michael