Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 23rd June 2014, 07:55 PM   #1
TheOldFart
Advanced Member

TheOldFart is well on the road to greatness
Default Thank you all

Thanks so very very much to all the users here that have helped so many of us thru the years and made this place seem like a home away from home!

May God bless you all!!! It takes a certain kind of person to spend so much time and effort helping others to grow and learn, and I want you all to know how much it's meant to me and I'm sure everyone else who's struggled with Webplus and Jquery add ons!!!

Serif seems to have no clue to the amount of hard work and effort you all have put in to supporting the users over the years! Not a surprise really.

Anyway, I sure have appreciated all the help, support and kindness I've gotten here over the years!!

Good luck with FP and I hope it surpasses all the good work you've all done here!!
Old 23rd June 2014, 08:05 PM   #2
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Thank you all

I hope this isn't farewell, Rick. Maybe we'll see you over on FP, or CP, or possibly even both!

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 23rd June 2014, 08:44 PM   #3
TheOldFart
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
I hope this isn't farewell, Rick. Maybe we'll see you over on FP, or CP, or possibly even both!

Alfred
Oh thanks very much Alfred! I guess it is in a way! I lost my domains recently (I was screwing around here trying to get X6 running again the day name renewal was due, and now their kinda holding them for ransom). PLUS the fact that I just plain forgot about the renewal and didn't get any kind of notification that it was running out.

Anyway after 3 or 4 years of doing sites and never being able to create anything descent I've kinda given it up! AND my heart is acting up again. Had more stents put in and trying cardiac rehab now.

I may have to join FP just to keep up with whats going on but I'll never be a part of CP here! Even though I don't post, I visit and read here every day. FP forces you to log in just to read! I don't like that much.

I do regret having invested so much time and energy in Webplus and Jquery only to find out I have no creativity and just can't do a descent site for the life of me! lol

I sure don't regret all the wonderful folks I've met here though and have greatly enjoyed watching as numerous people try and help someone out! It always warms the old heart!

Thanks again!!!
Old 23rd June 2014, 08:59 PM   #4
Lon in NWArkansas
Master

Lon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to beholdLon in NWArkansas is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldFart View Post

Anyway after 3 or 4 years of doing sites and never being able to create anything descent I've kinda given it up!
I always liked your fractal sites, Rick.

Quote:
AND my heart is acting up again. Had more stents put in and trying cardiac rehab now.
Not liking the sound of that!

Be well!
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:28 PM   #5
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Rick

THere was nothing wrong with your sites at all! I have seen them and do remember them.

Sorry you are dealing with cardiac issue again......... sigh..... sometimes living in these bodies is quite a challenge, isn't it?

Don't be a stranger, you know where you cam find a lot of us.... one place or the other, or even both.

Your Michigan neighbor
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:53 PM   #6
TheOldFart
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon in NWArkansas View Post
I always liked your fractal sites, Rick.

Not liking the sound of that!

Be well!
Thanks Lon! I sure appreciate it! I guess I was trying to sell a product nobody wanted! lol After 3 maybe 4 years I had one inquiry! Most of the visits to my sites were spiders and bots! Heck I couldn't even get family to visit the sites! lol

My heart, well it's been on the way out for 10 years now. Had another heart attack recently and more stents. Doctor gave me some pills for my back pain and it gave me seizures as a side effect. Got rid of the pills but the seizures are permanent! All I seem able to do is sit in front of this darn computer!

Anyway, it's been a good life but I'm ready to see my friends and family that have left us! I'm so tired of being tired!
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:56 PM   #7
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Thanks Lon! I sure appreciate it! I guess I was trying to sell a product nobody wanted! lol After 3 maybe 4 years I had one inquiry! Most of the visits to my sites were spiders and bots! Heck I couldn't even get family to visit the sites! lol

My heart, well it's been on the way out for 10 years now. Had another heart attack recently and more stents. Doctor gave me some pills for my back pain and it gave me seizures as a side effect. Got rid of the pills but the seizures are permanent! All I seem able to do is sit in front of this darn computer!

Anyway, it's been a good life but I'm ready to see my friends and family that have left us! I'm so tired of being tired!

Rick
Watch your email.

There is hope.
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:56 PM   #8
TheOldFart
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Rick

THere was nothing wrong with your sites at all! I have seen them and do remember them.

Sorry you are dealing with cardiac issue again......... sigh..... sometimes living in these bodies is quite a challenge, isn't it?

Don't be a stranger, you know where you cam find a lot of us.... one place or the other, or even both.

Your Michigan neighbor
Thanks so much Darlin! I appreciate you most of all! I imagine I'll be asking something over at FP sooner or later. I see all these Jquery goodies that Joe and the others put up and always have to try em even though I don't have sites anymore! lol

Thanks for always being a friend to anyone who shows up here!! Your an angel!
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:58 PM   #9
TheOldFart
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Rick
Watch your email.

There is hope.
Thanks Darlin! I'll keep an eye open!
Old 24th June 2014, 01:52 AM   #10
mcclen

mcclen is a splendid one to beholdmcclen is a splendid one to beholdmcclen is a splendid one to behold

Hi Rick,

I to recall your fractal sites & always found them fascinating.

Please do come over & join us in FP, even if it's just for a chat. I leave myself logged in there & just save the home page to my favourites, so I only have to log in the once.

Last edited by mcclen; 24th June 2014 at 01:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 24th June 2014, 01:59 AM   #11
electrochrisso

electrochrisso will become famous soon enough

Hi Rick, sorry to hear about your health problems, I prey things will get better for you. Anyway keep up your spirits and keep your mind active, and the best way I know is to keep on learning, here is a link to heaps of free jquery e-books in pdf format you can read while you get better.

http://www.onlinevideolecture.com/eb...subject=jQuery

It seems publishers are now giving away pdf versions of the paper books, probably because if one likes a particular book their will be a good chance of getting a paper sale.

About the crummy domain operators that have you to ransom, as if they don't have enough money, shame on them. If I were you I would get on the social networking and spread the word around (name and shame) how they treat people with a severe health problem, and the worry for you is not helping, I am sure something will come out of it, at least it is worth a try while you are behind the computer.

Get better bud,
Chris
Old 24th June 2014, 02:50 PM   #12
TheOldFart
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclen View Post
Hi Rick,

I to recall your fractal sites & always found them fascinating.

Please do come over & join us in FP, even if it's just for a chat. I leave myself logged in there & just save the home page to my favourites, so I only have to log in the once.
Thanks so much! I may just do that!!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Old 24th June 2014, 02:52 PM   #13
TheOldFart
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrochrisso View Post
Hi Rick, sorry to hear about your health problems, I prey things will get better for you. Anyway keep up your spirits and keep your mind active, and the best way I know is to keep on learning, here is a link to heaps of free jquery e-books in pdf format you can read while you get better.

It seems publishers are now giving away pdf versions of the paper books, probably because if one likes a particular book their will be a good chance of getting a paper sale.

About the crummy domain operators that have you to ransom, as if they don't have enough money, shame on them. If I were you I would get on the social networking and spread the word around (name and shame) how they treat people with a severe health problem, and the worry for you is not helping, I am sure something will come out of it, at least it is worth a try while you are behind the computer.

Get better bud,
Chris
Thank you so very much!! What a great link!!!! A heck of a lot of free knowledge there!!! AND thanks for the kindness!!
Old 25th June 2014, 03:03 AM   #14
Dijenga

Dijenga is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrochrisso View Post

Get better bud,
Chris
Or, it may be the fact that the site is infected with malware? Sure set my antivirus to screaming!
Old 25th June 2014, 08:11 AM   #15
Clitheroe Kid

Clitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud ofClitheroe Kid has much to be proud of

Quote:
Rick you old fart, dont you dare give up! What makes you think that you have the monopoly on stents and allegedly dubious websites. Have you seen seen some of the stuff I upload?

Quote:
Thanks so much Darlin! I appreciate you most of all! I imagine I'll be asking something over at FP sooner or later. I see all these Jquery goodies that Joe and the others put up and always have to try em even though I don't have sites anymore! lol
Anyway, have a go with this one, it's right up your (back) alley.

Link

Joe
Old 25th June 2014, 09:16 AM   #16
nfc212
Master

nfc212 has a reputation beyond reputenfc212 has a reputation beyond reputenfc212 has a reputation beyond reputenfc212 has a reputation beyond reputenfc212 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
. FP forces you to log in just to read! I don't like that much.
Not sure why that is happening. I often visit FP from another computer and can read threads without being logged in.

At the foot of the thread it list the users reading the thread and guests are often listed which indicates that they are not logged in.
Old 25th June 2014, 10:52 AM   #17
RichardS
Master

RichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant futureRichardS has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfc212 View Post
Not sure why that is happening. I often visit FP from another computer and can read threads without being logged in.
Perhaps the large message at the top of the webpage is causing confusion? On some PCs, the message about logging-in will fill the display, so people may not realise that they can scroll past it to read the posts?
32-bit Win10 Pro 14946, AMD64 3200+, 2GB RAM, Bodged ATI Video & AC97 Audio drivers.
64-bit (3GB) & 32-bit (2GB) Win10 Pro 16170, on VirtualBox, 2 CPU cores, 128MB video
Old 25th June 2014, 12:20 PM   #18
TheOldFart
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitheroe Kid View Post
Rick you old fart, dont you dare give up! What makes you think that you have the monopoly on stents and allegedly dubious websites. Have you seen seen some of the stuff I upload?

Anyway, have a go with this one, it's right up your (back) alley.

Link

Joe
HA! I tried that one last time you posted it!!! lol And it is right up my alley!! Thanks for all the time and effort you spend on giving us new goodies and making sure everyone who tries it succeeds with it! Your a real credit to the WP users community and I've had a blast with all the little projects you've given us.

It's funny how we protect our animals and pets from having to suffer to much and let them go when their quality of life goes down the toilet, but force people to stick around and suffer for as long as possible. Never could get my tiny brain around that one!

Thanks Joe for all the fun and support you've given us all over the years!
Old 25th June 2014, 12:41 PM   #19
TheOldFart
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfc212 View Post

At the foot of the thread it list the users reading the thread and guests are often listed which indicates that they are not logged in.
Some of the forums there you can read without being logged in but the others you have to be logged in for. I only log in here if I'm going to post or download some of Joe's goodies.

It may not seem like a big thing but I've been burned by plenty of sites offering the world for free only to find they were uping their numbers to entice advertising and once you joined (so you could see what its all about) they refuse to let you go and the endless spams start.

I'm not saying Charlie is up to no good or anything like that, it's become a habit of mine not to join sites that seem to be hiding something.

On the other hand, it is great that someone took all the time and energy to create a forum that may hopefully replace the one we're losing here! I hope it goes well and becomes even more popular and helpful than this one has been.
Old 25th June 2014, 03:48 PM   #20
nfc212
Master

nfc212 has a reputation beyond reputenfc212 has a reputation beyond reputenfc212 has a reputation beyond reputenfc212 has a reputation beyond reputenfc212 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some of the forums there you can read without being logged in but the others you have to be logged in for.
Some of the sections are members only as the have threads that pertain directly to forum matters which are not relevant to non-members.

Don't want to air your washing in front of the entire world.