Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 20th June 2014, 09:24 PM   #1
Zach

Zach is on a distinguished road
Default Can you link color swatches to page objects? (not schemes)

I have a bunch of swatches setup and named for their applicable purpose, however I now wish to go back and modify some of them.

I was kind of disappointed that any time I select a swatch, the program doesn't remember what object I may have applied it to on Templates/Pages.

Scheming is not really possible because it only allows for 11 defined colors, and some of them are linked to other objects already (hyperlinks, etc). Unless there is actually a way I can apply different scheme definitions on the page/master level, i.e multiple schemes per document all active at once.
----

TL;DR

Is there any way to link a color swatch, to the items it has been previously applied to, so that if you ever change the swatch the changes are reflected on all those objects?

The only other solution I can come up with is to define multiple schemes based on the colors I need, and then switch between them, printing 1 page at a time with the appropriate scheme applied, and then stitching those pages together into 1 document in a PDF editor to create the final document
Also kind of annoying that when you modify a named swatch, it deletes the name
Old 20th June 2014, 09:50 PM   #2
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future
Default Re: Can you link color swatches to page objects? (not schemes)

Nope. Been asked for, and at least one of the requests wasn't met well with some other users.

Here's hoping X8 will bring this about, though.

***Clarification***
Specifically for objects tied to their swatch, change swatch, change object(s)
Old 20th June 2014, 10:08 PM   #3
Bhikkhu Pesala
Master

Bhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to beholdBhikkhu Pesala is a splendid one to behold

If the objects are on the same page, you can just group them if they share the same colour. Objects of the same type can be selected with Edit, Select Similar.

If you apply the same object styles to multiple different objects, then you can edit the style to change the colour of them all.
Old 20th June 2014, 11:34 PM   #4
Zach

Zach is on a distinguished road

Interesting idea.. I will see if I can make it work for me.

Although the few layout elements I have aren't the primary concern.. I also have things like Table Layout definitions which are a pain in the *** because you must individually select each cell and edit it to change the color again.

Last edited by Zach; 20th June 2014 at 11:44 PM.