Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > PanoramaPlus

Notices

PanoramaPlus Questions about using PanoramaPlus for digital image stitching

Old 1st September 2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Haggis

Haggis is on a distinguished road
Default Alarming Lack of Quality

Complete Newbie, regarding stitching images.
However, having tried a few freebies I thought I'd purchase what I assumed would be a relatively competent product with useful features.
Full marks for "ease of use". For a quick test I popped 3 7Meg JPEGs (taken specifically for a panoramic end product)into Panorama Plus and I was delighted with the end product on the screen. Alas, when I looked in detail what did I find but a png file of approx 400K. This sort of quality is fine for postcards but I was hoping to produce something for hanging on a wall.
To be fair, I haven't looked at any help files - I could well be making some basic beginner blunders.
Time will tell! but so far =- disastrous.
Old 1st September 2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Alarming Lack of Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
However, having tried a few freebies I thought I'd purchase what I assumed would be a relatively competent product with useful features.
Full marks for "ease of use". For a quick test I popped 3 7Meg JPEGs (taken specifically for a panoramic end product)into Panorama Plus and I was delighted with the end product on the screen. Alas, when I looked in detail what did I find but a png file of approx 400K. This sort of quality is fine for postcards but I was hoping to produce something for hanging on a wall.
To be fair, I haven't looked at any help files - I could well be making some basic beginner blunders.
You do need to read the Help file before making this type of assumption. You can tell PhP to increase the pixel dimensions to which you wish to output the image. It will take longer to stitch than the default settings, which I think are probably intended for images viewed on a screen (e.g. a website). I'm afraid I don't have time to fire up the program and guide you through it, but from what I can remember, it really isn't too hard to do.

Old 1st September 2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Alarming Lack of Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
The Export dialogue tells you the size it will be saved at, and gives you the option to change it.

Geoff