Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > Digital Scrapbook Artist

Notices

Digital Scrapbook Artist Digital Scrapbooking Software

Old 9th August 2013, 03:07 PM   #41
djtn

djtn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oh No! I Thought I Had Exhausted This Thread (and Everyone Who Helped!) - BUT ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Hi David,

You only need DSA2 on your system to run an old installer, because it doesn't know to look for CA (which didn't exist at the time). To add the kit, use a utility such as 7-Zip to extract the Packs folder from the installer *.exe file, and then copy or move the contents of that folder into your 'My Digikits' folder.

Alfred
2013/08/09
Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your reply.

I have that DigiKit (I think) on my laptop. But I didn't think you could just copy a DigiKit and paste it in somewhere else because it won't show up under Control Panel that way, unless it's properly installed by the installer.

David
Old 9th August 2013, 04:00 PM   #42
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Oh No! I Thought I Had Exhausted This Thread (and Everyone Who Helped!) - BUT ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtn View Post
2013/08/09
Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your reply.

I have that DigiKit (I think) on my laptop. But I didn't think you could just copy a DigiKit and paste it in somewhere else because it won't show up under Control Panel that way, unless it's properly installed by the installer.

David
Hi David,

No, it won't show up in the list of installed programs if you haven't installed it, but if you haven't installed it there's no need to uninstall it, so there would be nothing to be gained by having it on that list. If you have placed a kit in your 'My Digikits' folder (or any other folder which you've added to the list of digikit locations) and you no longer want it to show up within the program, you can simply move it or delete it.

The few CA kits which include 'Make & Do' projects must be properly installed, not just copied, in order for the 'Make & Do' feature to be available.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 9th August 2013, 05:00 PM   #43
djtn

djtn is on a distinguished road
Default This Gives Me An IDEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Hi David,

No, it won't show up in the list of installed programs if you haven't installed it, but if you haven't installed it there's no need to uninstall it, so there would be nothing to be gained by having it on that list. If you have placed a kit in your 'My Digikits' folder (or any other folder which you've added to the list of digikit locations) and you no longer want it to show up within the program, you can simply move it or delete it.

The few CA kits which include 'Make & Do' projects must be properly installed, not just copied, in order for the 'Make & Do' feature to be available.

Alfred
2013/08/09
Alfred - I must say - you've got the gears turning now!

My Control Panel is SOOOOOO cluttered by Daisy Trail kits!

What if I copied ALL of my DSA2 kits to another location, then added that location to my CA2 DigiKit Locations Options Screen and Saved it there.

Then, what if I removed ALL of my DSA2 DigiKits (in Control Panel) so that there were no DSA2 DigiKits in my cluttered Control Panel? Even if I can ever get DSA2 installed again, all I have to do is point DSA2 to the new location as well, in order to pick up my DSA2 DigiKits!

Does this sound like something that I should definitely NOT do?

David
Old 9th August 2013, 05:17 PM   #44
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: This Gives Me An IDEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtn View Post
Does this sound like something that I should definitely NOT do?
No.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)